What are the best classes in the 29 bracket?

Screamforme said:
It seems sort of like a game of rocks/paper/sissors (which is what it should be really).

For example:

Hunters can kill a priest > but priests can kill a rogue > but rogues can kill a hunter.

Of course, that is an over-generalization, as skill and CDs and consumables all play a big part, but you get the idea.

The only class I would call weak in this bracket is the warrior, and even then they can be pretty good--they just have to work at it. Mages also wont generally be topping charts, and they die a lot, buuuuut they make good flag carriers. Choosing the right class/racial makes a big difference too. I wish I had gone human, for example.

i had a 29 war in tbc and he was amazing. i cant imagin they suck now. any one that thinks wars suck is because they suck at using theirs or their enemies suck with theirs. im going to make another to go with the 29 pally and rogue im making and cant believe they would be at the bottom of the food chain with overpower on demand and shadowmeld charge (will be a nightelf this time).

TwinkorDie said:
cant believe they would be at the bottom of the food chain with overpower on demand and shadowmeld charge (will be a nightelf this time).

perhaps I should of gone nightelf instead of a dwarf. The warriors get better as we go up the brackets right? But even with shadowmeld charge the hunter will just disengage, slow you down, and start their cowardly kiting while their spiders web and attack you.

brucew2 said:
perhaps I should of gone nightelf instead of a dwarf. The warriors get better as we go up the brackets right? But even with shadowmeld charge the hunter will just disengage, slow you down, and start their cowardly kiting while their spiders web and attack you.

i would never play any meele dps in the 29 bracket without free action potions lol. they make killing huntards ez mode.

brucew2 said:
the hunter will just disengage, slow you down, and start their cowardly kiting while their spiders web and attack you.

I hope you realize that the hunter class is built around kiting, and is forced into that playstyle. Do you really expect a hunter to let you into his melee range (where he can do nothing) and rape him?

Hunters are the only ones who need to run away from their enemy to deal damage. At 29 where hunters are strong, this isn't a problem, but the class diminish in strength with each level. Warriors, however, only get better.

Obe said:
I hope you realize that the hunter class is built around kiting, and is forced into that playstyle. Do you really expect a hunter to let you into his melee range (where he can do nothing) and rape him?

Hunters are the only ones who need to run away from their enemy to deal damage. At 29 where hunters are strong, this isn't a problem, but the class diminish in strength with each level. Warriors, however, only get better.

I completely understand that this is their tactic as with mages and other mushy classes. My comment reflects my frustration in playing a class that has a lot of advantages against my own, well at least for the time being. :) Playing the 20-29 bracket as a hunter is like playing the game in easy mode.

Users who are viewing this thread