What are old school 20s players doing nowadays?

Thank you. I appreciate that,
https://www.retroarch.com/ has provided a very satisfying nostalgia bath
OG Genisis, SNES, PS1 & DosBox games ftw

you might like nulldc bear. arcade saturn ps dreamcast etc emu, and w something like radmin vpn, netplay with rollback. it's kinda obtuse tho.
people commonly use it to play old fighting games like mvc2 but it supports whatever.

edit: updated w a guide since ppl seemed interested

Last edited:
I got runeblade of rivendare on my 20 death knight, full ilvl 61's plus a few epic 87's, tested out battlegrounds, consistently got 1 or 2-shot. F u blizzard and f u 29's.
Gone back to leveling 10-19 battlegrounds with heirloom gear, far better experience.
I do level 20 world exploring for "fun", but it's definitely lost it's charm knowing that there is no battlegrounds worth doing anymore when I feel like some competition.

In my limited experience checking out WoW20 xp-off battlegrounds, my full ilvl 87 ret with Rivendare [an crusader enchant] was consistently 1-2 shotted by 29 hunters an similar. Most I could do is pre-bubble their casual aim-shot + buffed arcane shot openers, though after a bubble it's rarely enough, especially if they have a healer or priest with them.

Fortunately, PvE is more accessible than it's ever been for 20s [an soloing dungeons is more viable for more classes too than before], for those which it interests [I used to like that, though for me it's a bit of "been there, done that" situation].

As for other games, I've been checking out an dabbing a bit with a few other games an game genres, when time allows.

I'll quietly add: for those who were really into playing hunters in WoW when hunters were FOTM (especially for those with... *ahem*, fond memories of battlegrounds where more than half the PvPers were hunters): first-person-shooter [FPS] games may interest them, especially FPS games with similar (if not faster) TTK timings, an everyone's a "hunter" already.

Last edited:
Baldurs Gate 3 with friends is a blast, if they join you at character creation all the characters are saved to the host so you cant go running off smashing solo play (unless youre the host) but it makes for a good night with the boys

My username is vikingguitar grey helm ironman and deepwildy 3 f2p reg I think I have seen your crazy accounts as well added you btw
I just added both of your Accounts, my next Goal is 200M Ranged Exp, I will be busy with this for the next 2-3 years. Hope to talk to you in-game soon.

Users who are viewing this thread