Weapons for @10 twinks

Rcleave

Grandfathered
Sup guys.

So ive been lookin into 10 twinking for awhile now, and been wondering when it comes to weapons.
Ive seen some different setups, some use the legion weps (what ilvls do these reach now in dragonflight), others roll with the SoO looms and now with the draenor ilvl buff, there is the ilvl59.

Oh and also, ive seen most casters use the Blade of eternal Darkness, are there any other simular weapons but other types, like 2h, 1h, bows, staffs etc etc?

For Weapons, your best options are now Epic proc on WoD dungeons weapons/off-hands. For 1h strength user, there is no 1h weapon for them, so the agility mace Epic is your best option, as far as I know. Might be better option thought.

For Caster, Blade of the Eternal Darkness is a very good option too!

Are level 10 dungeon epics ilvl 59? I'm sorry, not up on the different levels but it could be possible that a blue with enchant could be better than an epic without, especially for things like elemental force. I think crusader is bleh at 10 but that too.

Or a world epic maybe? Probably like ilvl 44 or something? Worth looking into if you're making new, could easily reroll to get an epic upgrade from WoD world treasure or MoP or repeatedly redoing a quest or something to get the best result.

edit- legion artifacts still look like poop as far as i recall.

And saying to reroll for an upgrade is assuming allied race reroll at level 10, leveling 1-10 normal race is more investment.

level 10 epics for WOD dungeons are ilvl 59 .. if you go on up to level 11 the ilvl jumps to 62

I'm sorry, not up on the different levels but it could be possible that a blue with enchant could be better than an epic without, especially for things like elemental force. I think crusader is bleh at 10 but that too.
Well, for Strength, you can get your hand on one-hand ilvl 39 Epic weapon from SL Rare (I think the Epic is from upgrade, so not guaranteed)(Don't know the mob name, learnt it recently, but I know is repeatable each day). You gain more DPS than Epic ilvl59 agi mace (even with the weapon damage difference). So Lifestealing on that is pretty strong, Crusader is very not in a good spot now.
There is an ilvl 59 2h weapon with strength, so any plate user can wield it (little reminds to everyone that Fury Warrior can still equip a single 2h weapon, it's not mandatory to go with 2 1h weapons)

I got a WoD world drop upgrade to epic on my way to a dungeon with my 10 shaman, but it was req 15 as i was in gorgrond, that was ilvl 44. So even less for level 10 on world upgrades... dungeon blues are ilvl 33 and pretty weak vs 59.

I got the https://www.wowhead.com/item=17780/blade-of-eternal-darkness?bonus=6712 and https://www.wowhead.com/item=17943/fist-of-stone?bonus=6710 for my new 10 shaman, and I think that even with so much less INT the blue is "better" when I put elemental force on it. EF was like 15% of my total damage on the few WoD bosses I soloed in the time after.

WoD dungeon blues had INT somewhere in between the two, so even better, but not really digging deep as I like 15 more.

For melee the epic could be better just for weapon damage when that matters... so lots of preference to account for.

(edit- again, not bashing 10 but 15 just blows 10 away for me with the extra dungeons, options and talents.)

I am using a 59 off-hand and an a 33 mace with Lifesteal as MW monk, seems ok. I have a 59 Portal Keeper's Staff, but can only put a few enchants on it that aren't great.

For an epic level 59 strength 1h there is only one option that I know of, you can reroll a bunch of times and do the deadmines quest until you get an epic one. I think I heard of a long boring BFA quest chain that may reward a 1h that could also proc epic 59 but rerolling 10s for the deadmines quest is probably faster

There are iLev 39 (epic proc'd) 1handed strength weapons in SL...it's a daily farm and they can proc a socket and tert..even 2 sockets. There are also 2 handed weapons of the same type. There are 3 BFA quest chains that reward iLev 33 weapons that can proc Ilev 59 epic. Cookie's mace in Deadmines also is available. The Agility maces are a waste of time imo...my old Freehold and Atal one handers with socket and speed are superior. Open up all of SL and start farming the rares...you also have a chance to pick up 3 different very useful trinkets (all with the chance to proc epic with sockets and terts) depending on your class and spec. Have fun farming!

I was wondering if people could help me, The Pre legion event boxes could drop blue gear that could WF once, or twice.
And now that WF gives a huge boost in power level, perhaps this Double WF gear could be huge. If you still have those boxes stacked on the bank that is. Let me know if anyone has gear to check and what ilvl the Pre legion event gear is now. Thanks!

I was wondering if people could help me, The Pre legion event boxes could drop blue gear that could WF once, or twice.
And now that WF gives a huge boost in power level, perhaps this Double WF gear could be huge. If you still have those boxes stacked on the bank that is. Let me know if anyone has gear to check and what ilvl the Pre legion event gear is now. Thanks!
I know the gear you are talking about as i still wear that gear on my lev 5 and lev 3 twinks (old level 10's and 5's) ...they took a pretty big stat squish as well. But aside from that you are talking about an event that happened many years ago,... when I tried to open a crate from a BG from BFA it will not even open. I am confused,...do you have any of these chests to open?..why not turn off your auto loot option and see what happens? Seems to me the easiest way to find out. Let us know though for sure. Good Luck!!

I know the gear you are talking about as i still wear that gear on my lev 5 and lev 3 twinks (old level 10's and 5's) ...they took a pretty big stat squish as well. But aside from that you are talking about an event that happened many years ago,... when I tried to open a crate from a BG from BFA it will not even open. I am confused,...do you have any of these chests to open?..why not turn off your auto loot option and see what happens? Seems to me the easiest way to find out. Let us know though for sure. Good Luck!!
Hello, i opened a box to see what would happen and sadly the Ilvl is really low.. no warforged ilvl 12 on my lvl 9 twink. And double warforged its ilvl 17.. so they dont boost stats like crazy like the WoD dungeon warforged pieces. Ill keep the rest of the boxes for other expansion :) bcuz u never know.

I can't seem to get any dungeons other than Shadowmoon Burial Grounds and Bloodmaul Slag Mines. How were you guys able to enter, say, Iron Docks?

I haven't come across amy 1H weapons beyond ilvl 33 with STR yet... so my off-spec (prot) for my paladin uses a truncheon of five hells.

Users who are viewing this thread