EU+US weapon procs

I don't think so, each weapon has its own chance of proccing whatever the proc is, nothing to my knowledge increases these proc rates its all just rng

Weapon procs have changed over the years (as have trinkets). There are two kinds of procs (to my knowledge). ICD procs and PPM. Internal cooldown procs will have a cooldown of say, 30 secs or one min. They usually proc at the beginning of a fight and will then proc again sometime after the ICD is over.

Most weapons and enchants work on a PPM basis. Procs per minute have some degree of variance. Back in the day when fiery weapon was the best enchant for rogues, it had 6 procs per minute. This would mean (to my understanding) that if you were hitting a dummy with your dagger, it would proc 6ish times in that minute. You would get more than 6 usually, when you factor in sinister strikes and eviscerates. Therefore, the best weapons for proc based enchants were the slower ones, as they had the highest chance “per hit” to proc.

Now that weapon speeds have been normalized, blizzard has taken away a lot of that type of customization. I don’t think you can do anything to increase proc chances. They certainly operate on their own, so equipping two shadowfangs for instance does not increase your chance that one will proc.

Caveat: this has probably changed since BC, when i actually cared about proc mechanics

Weapon procs (like venomstrike) are proc-per-minute (ppm) if i remember correctly and to flesh out what you said, that means that if something like fiery has 6 ppm, if you auto attack for a minute, itll trigger six times.

WoW averages this to proc per hit, so a fast dagger and a slow 2hand axe will have the same ppm if theyre just auto attacking.

But!

Lets say youre a warrior with an axe that has a 3.6 sec swing timer. You get 16.6 swings per minute, which is roughly one proc every 3 swings.

This doesnt just count for auto attacks. Any attack can trigger a proc. And youll get one roughly every 3 attacks. So if your warrior is, say, spamming slam on the GCD youll end up getting alot more than 6 procs in 60 seconds.

So if youre a class with an off hand specific attack (fury warriors, enhance shaman, etc) then yes. Using two proc weapons will significantly increase the chance of getting procs, because each weapon has a separate chance to proc and the off hand attack is increasing the number of attacks the offhand is making per minute.

If you dont have a specific off hand attack, youll get whatever the ppm is on the offhands auto attacks.

All this is to say, brb farming Nightreaver

fwiw, these native weapon effects do not proc in ipvp (has this changed? I seem to remember them working)But if you're looking to min/max for wpvp or pve...

I just found out you can hover over the weapon proc on wowhead and itll tell you the approx PPM. I didnt check every proc weapon we can use, but tit appears theyre all gonna be 2 ppm.

Which means you're gonna see one proc every 16-17 attacks with daggers, every 11-12 attacks with 1 handers, every 10 attacks with ranged and every 8-9 attacks with 2 handers.

Venomstrike does not appear to be procing at all, btw. just a heads up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread