Weapon of choice (Paladin)

I mainly play only WSG as a dps. At the moment I'm using Glacial Stone with Crusader and Heavy Weightstone, and I'm pretty pleased with the results. But I've always wondered about switching it out with Smite's Mighty Hammer with ???????. That stat bonus looks apealing for consistant damage, what are your opinions ?

also what is the hit cap for a lvl19 pali ?

Smites with +15 str might be something to try. I've been thinking about getting the 2h sword with resil on it for kicks. Or the 2h mace with armor pen.... Repurposed lava something. Basically you just want to try different combos, get a dueling buddy and try some things out

Ogsir said:
I've had and used Smites with +15s and +25 agil, and agil is far more superior.

Glad to hear you've actually tried the +15 str most people haven't. I guess I would argue that the weapon chant depends on the rest of the set up. The main thing I worry about is gloves balancing the weapon. Additionally, if you had +15 agi to gloves and skinning you might benefit more from +15 str that +25 agi on the weapon.

I guess you could argue that the total stats of the reverse situation (ie +7 str gloves/+25 agil weapon) equals 32 which is higher than the +15/+15 arrangement.

But I think we can both agree that +15 agi gloves, +25 agi weapon (especially BaR 6 crit rating) coupled with skinning is TOO much crit and not enough str.

25 agility on smites is a good choice.

glacial with fiery is a nice to have weapon after a crusader proc.

generate a cru proc on SnB/smites/BAR and then switch to glacial.

i have not done the exact maths, but im pretty sure that a 36% chance on 40 extra dmg (14,4) is better than 3,5% chance on a mitigated crit.

lets say 400AP -> 180 whitehit -> 30% absorb (leather) -> 125 -> 0,035x125=4,4

if i haven't done a BIG mistake even 15str would be better than 25agi. it would add 5,4 additional dmg on a leather target, but is a lot less bursty compared to fiery.

without BAR glacial is by far the best weapon to switch in after a cru proc. but if you wish to use it in general with a crusader chant, you should go for smites/fiery to switch in.

Bansil said:
glacial with fiery is a nice to have weapon after a crusader proc.

generate a cru proc on SnB/smites/BAR and then switch to glacial.

i have not done the exact maths, but im pretty sure that a 36% chance on 40 extra dmg (14,4) is better than 3,5% chance on a mitigated crit.

lets say 400AP -> 180 whitehit -> 30% absorb (leather) -> 125 -> 0,035x125=4,4

if i haven't done a BIG mistake even 15str would be better than 25agi. it would add 5,4 additional dmg on a leather target, but is a lot less bursty compared to fiery.

without BAR glacial is by far the best weapon to switch in after a cru proc. but if you wish to use it in general with a crusader chant, you should go for smites/fiery to switch in.

Fiery is not a good enchant for almost all classes but rogues period.

Bansil said:
aha^^

then tell us why not?!

Because most others enchants put out MUCH MORE DPS. Such as crusader 15 strength or 25 agility.:rolleyes:

well, how much more and why?

seems you have some nice test result or at least the proper maths on that.

Bansil said:
well, how much more and why?

seems you have some nice test result or at least the proper maths on that.

From my experience playing on my pally havining crusader chain proc in over 1/2 my fights adds 200 AP constantly. making me hit for 300's consistantly 100 damage a lot of the time>40 damage sometimes and the heal comes in handy.

Thats why/

whoa dmn...this proofs me wrong.

my theory:

get a crusader proc on any weapon and then switch to glacial/fiery.

but hell yeah...200AP constantly, chain hit for 300+ and lots of +100 dmg is better.

so switching in another weapon after a crusader proc...the weapon should be enchanted with what? (this was the question!)

edit:

btw, pls tell me how you chainhit 300s and where the constantly added 100dmg are from.

edit2:

just did some more accurate maths and on low armor targets 15 str is almost on par with fiery, but less bursty. 25agi is inferior by far.

remember, im talking about switching a weapon in...not about fiery being better than crusader for general use.

I have my FC set on before all fights (2.1k hp buffed) with Butcher's Slicer and Crusader on it. Whenever Crusader procs, or I go through about 800 hp, I switch in for my Crit set (Glacial Stone with +25 Agility). Having 400 AP and Critting 1/3 every hit (about twice as long as Holy Strength is up) feels very satisfying when you hit for 500+, Critting. Rarely has it happened, but when Glacial Stone procs its damage, I hit for 600+, but that's with Holy Strength, Judgement of Light, Melee Crit, AND Glacial Stone's proc.

cool but why would you have an FC set on? you can't switch gear during a fight.

with 400AP glacial hits for 180 unmitigated. 360 crit.

SoR is 31,68 and can not crit.

judgement is 80. does it crit for 200%? if so 160.

75 glacial proc.

595 unmitigated...

33% crit???

200AP + 2,1k HP?

btw, add fiery to this and you can get 635.

and how much crit is 25agi? im calculating with ~3,5%

Users who are viewing this thread