Warsong Ties - Changed!

Thanks to Grimy on Whirlwind for spotting this.

"This is a new change that has been applied to live realms as well.

If the game is tied when the game ends, the winner will now be the team that most recently captured the flag, rather than the team captured the first flag."

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> @WSG

And yes, it's still a bit lame but a small improvement. We're like dogs at the dinner table at this point in time, begging for scraps.

It was only when its 0-0 its tie from the begining? always the first caped flag wins in this system

Id like to point out that I suggested blizzard do this a while back ;p

grats to blizz for randomly looking at a post I made in somebodies blog, you guys are learning who to listen to!

why is this an improvement? -_-

a cap is a cap - first or last.

sidegrade

i think it should be the first cap in a tie wins - that rewards the more aggressive team, and the one that got its stuff going the fastest; it also encourages aggressive play.

"last cap" will encourage the opposite.

Sockdolager said:
why is this an improvement? -_-

a cap is a cap - first or last.

sidegrade

i think it should be the first cap in a tie wins - that rewards the more aggressive team, and the one that got its stuff going the fastest; it also encourages aggressive play.

"last cap" will encourage the opposite.

Well, it really goes beyond that. For example, yesterday, my team had eight people to horde's ten, and horde capped pretty fast. We eventually filled up to ten and got a cap right before it ended. Should horde have won because they got a cap when we were down people? It's much more logical that we won because we got the only cap with even numbers.

nah, no BG is based on that one team should start (or end) with lesser members, soo I say first cap system is better than "last".

elocon said:
nah, no BG is based on that one team should start (or end) with lesser members, soo I say first cap system is better than "last".

Well, the reality is that games DO start with one team down in numbers sometimes, regardless of what it's "based on".

And you say that first cap system is better but give no supporting reasons!

Hm

Honestly caps are crap now anyway since games rarely finish.

For the people who don't care about caps, it doesn't matter.

For the people who do care about caps, it prevents the team one up from using strats appropriate to a 2-chance-turtle situation, and prevents the team one down from saying "well, we only have 10 mins left, time to go get some icecream."

Users who are viewing this thread