Warrior macro help

Pookums

Legend
So I'm a total nub when it comes to macros and anything that I DID know about writing them changed like 2 expansions ago...

So here goes. I have a prot warrior (may PvP but mostly to help Horde gear up) whom spends most of his time in defensive stance. All I want to do is have a one button macro to switch to combat stance, charge, then switch back to defensive. I've checked several forums and even Tankspot, everything seems to be outdated or simply doesn't work.

Halp me peeez!

uhm im gonna see what i can do with my limited macro knowledge

I hopped on my warrior and made:

#show Charge

#showtooltip Charge

/cast Battle Stance

/cast Charge

/cast Defensive Stance

I spammed this and it worked, however, my macro knowledge is scarily similar to what you described. Also, keep in mind that switching stances will cost you all your rage.

Someone with more macro knowledge will no doubt be able to do better than I.

Edit: it only worked when I spammed the macro, so keep that in mind. Hope somebody can do better

Shfthappens said:
uhm im gonna see what i can do with my limited macro knowledge

I hopped on my warrior and made:

I spammed this and it worked, however, my macro knowledge is scarily similar to what you described. Also, keep in mind that switching stances will cost you all your rage.

Someone with more macro knowledge will no doubt be able to do better than I.

Edit: it only worked when I spammed the macro, so keep that in mind. Hope somebody can do better

That's much closer, it works. But like you said have to spam it >_<

So normaly this macro should work:

/castsequence (reset=X [add any number you want but actually it's not required]) Battle Stance, Charge, Defensive Stance

Haven't tried it so far b/c most Macros with warrior don't work anymore 'cuz it's been abused in Vanilla, BC etc that you could use Charge in Zerker stance etc. but this should work for sure atleast /castsequence works for Pallies, Rogues etc.

Jeralulz said:
So normaly this macro should work:

/castsequence (reset=X [add any number you want but actually it's not required]) Battle Stance, Charge, Defensive Stance

Haven't tried it so far b/c most Macros with warrior don't work anymore 'cuz it's been abused in Vanilla, BC etc that you could use Charge in Zerker stance etc. but this should work for sure atleast /castsequence works for Pallies, Rogues etc.

Just switches to battle stance...

Simply put: you can't make a macro that will do that with only 1 keypress.

You can however use this one and change to defstance with another button (this is what i use as my charge button, regardless of what stance i'm in):

#showtooltip Charge

/cast Battle Stance

/cast Charge

or you can use the castsequence one, which requires you to press the same button 3 times (for every spell in the sequence). I don't recommend this, 'cause castsequence-macros will screw you over now and then (with or without timed reset):

/castsequence (reset=X [add any number you want but actually it's not required]) Battle Stance, Charge, Defensive Stance (as Jeralulz said)

/cast [stance3,nocombat] battle stance; [stance1,combat] defensive stance; [stance1,nocombat,harm] charge; [stance3,combat] Heroic Strike

This should do the trick for you without having to spam it.

If you are out of combat and able to charge then it will move you to battle stance (if you are not already in it) and then charge on the second key press (unless you were already in battle, then its first press). If you are in batle stance but are in combat then it will put you into defensive stance. If you are in combat and in defensive stance it will cast Heroic Strike (replace with whatever ability you like).

honestly, you don't need a macro for this. you're better off just manually switching between stances for everything other than interrupts (which warriors don't have at this level). it will increase your muscle memory for doing it and you'll be a better player because your reaction time to switch stances will be a lot faster

C O T U S said:
honestly, you don't need a macro for this. you're better off just manually switching between stances for everything other than interrupts (which warriors don't have at this level). it will increase your muscle memory for doing it and you'll be a better player because your reaction time to switch stances will be a lot faster

I find macros on my warrior invaluable. I can macro all abilities and stances sufficiently so that every situation is accounted for and can be done by a single button and if it doesn't increase my overall keybinds by any significant number then why would I not do it?

i use 4 macro's:

/cast Battle Stance

/equipslot 16 weapon 1

/equipslot 17 weapon 2

/cast Defensive Stance

/equipslot 16 weapon

/equipslot 17 shield

/cast Bloodthirst

/cast Attack

/cast Battle Stance

/cast Charge

and besides my stance macro's i use keybinds just to change stance without switching weapons aswell...

It's not as if you will run out of keybinds with only a handful of spells...

Kore nametooshort said:
I find macros on my warrior invaluable. I can macro all abilities and stances sufficiently so that every situation is accounted for and can be done by a single button and if it doesn't increase my overall keybinds by any significant number then why would I not do it?

uhhh.....except for the situation where you just want to switch stances. warriors also have what, a dozen abilities total at level 20? if even that. i've got more hotkeys than i know what to do with in this bracket

Im not arguing that more keybinds are bad or anything, I'm merely saying that it is more streamlined and makes it easier to get closer to the skill cap with macro'd abilities.

/cast [mod:shift] Battle Stance; [] Defensive Stance;

/cast [mod:shift] Charge

I don't know if this WILL work, but this is the only macro that theoretically would work given the circumstances you've provided. If this doesn't work, then there's no way to do it.

Hold shift and spam the macro, it should put you in battle stance no matter what, however if you don't charge, then it's not going to work no matter what you do, and you'll have to use two separate buttons.

But in case this post ends up being useless, I'll include a nice macro for arms warrior that someone may find use out of, haha. If you have a lot of rage you can burn, and want decent burst, this macro will use Mortal Strike and Heroic Strike on the SAME SWING. It works AS INTENDED and most people probably already know about it, but as previously stated this is just to validate a potentially wasted post, as I can't back up the previous macro due to me lacking a warrior.

/cast Mortal Strike

/cast Heroic Strike

This will rage starve you, But it's good for quickly downing FC's that can heal theirselves, that are alone.

Wilwayco said:
/cast [mod:shift] Battle Stance; [] Defensive Stance;

/cast [mod:shift] Charge

Shouldn't it be /cast [nomod] Battle Stance; [mod:shift] Defensive Stance; or vice versa? Sorry if it's a stupid question but actually I never did it with just "[]" always typed nomod in it :D.

nomod isn't required and the order isn't either. I've always did mods first because I organize things a certain way. In theory that macro should work because I just noticed I have a similar macro.

/cast [mod:shift] Arena Grand Master; [] Hand of Protection

/cast Flash of Light

Ah okay. ;) Thanks for telling me :D.

But theory like every macro should work for warriors but as I said earlier like /castrandom etc. doesn't work since idk patch 1.2.1 or so. That's the problem with warriors it was just like facerolling Ret in WotLK :D.

Users who are viewing this thread