EU+US Warlocks

Are Warlocks viable?

Destro Warlocks can be viable if played at an extremely high level. Affliction and Demonology are not viable. Warlocks are the worse class in the bracket, alongside Paladins.

Are my grandfathered items still BiS? (i.e. Inferno Robes, Jutebraid)

Yes. You should model your character after Yøuredead. She is the best geared, highest skilled, and most experienced and successful 19 Warlock. If you have any additional questions, she is the one to talk to. She is one of the nicest players in the bracket and I'm sure she would love to answer any questions you might have.

Good luck with your Warlock and hope to see you in the Gulch soon.

I'm curious to hear your opinion about Affliction, then.

I had heard that Affliction works well in this Double Boomkin meta.

Is this pug specific advice, or was that information wrong?

Demo actually have one shot potential, so yah, they are viable :)

From playing a warlock myself. The only real viable spec would be destro. As affi my dots seem to hit close to nothing.. But sure, the UA is fine, but compared to the damage boomkins can deliver... Warlocks are no where near... Better go Destro and kill some healers :))

From a theorycrafting standpoint, it makes sense to run an Affliction Warlock for DoT protection in the double Boomkin meta. But in reality, it is not worth the sacrifice of a Hunter or a fourth healer. Top teams in the current meta do not use an Affliction Warlock and top teams in the past two Twink Cups did not use an Affliction Warlock for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread