Warlock Buffs 4.3

Than you are playing against bad locks.

A good lock with proper gear can 1v1 a hunter.

if its a retard sure, if the hunter has more than one working brian sell then no way.

1v1 means a duel, if a warlock starts the duel in melee range (via mount) and dots the hunter and fear spams when they disengage/scattershot they have the capacity to win if both players are evenly skilled.

Battlegrounds is a moot point because we already know the answer. Not starting in melee range is a moot point because we already know the answer.

"If it's PVP it doesn't count because it's not a duel AND if it is a duel it doesn't count because it's not PVP, let me contradict myself some more because i'm a fricken retard!"

-Mute

no, 1v1 does not mean a duel. a "duel" means a duel. and no, locks STILL can't beat hunters in duels either. seriously, wtf. where are you getting this stuff? lol

it's like now that parfait left, everybody is competing with each other to snag the title of "Fountain of Idiotic Statements"

no, 1v1 does not mean a duel. a "duel" means a duel. and no, locks STILL can't beat hunters in duels either. seriously, wtf. where are you getting this stuff? lol

it's like now that parfait left, everybody is competing with each other to snag the title of "Fountain of Idiotic Statements"

Cotus, you are one of my most favorite posters to read.. hahaha so funny!!

Yeah cotus is pretty funny. But like any adolescent child starts to get annoying fairly quickly. "No you're wrong because i said so" doesn't work as a valid reason for starting an argument.

Yeah cotus is pretty funny. But like any adolescent child starts to get annoying fairly quickly. "No you're wrong because i said so" doesn't work as a valid reason for starting an argument.

cmon man, i already posted that i have both a 20 warlock and a 20 hunter (unlike the rest of the people in this thread....). i'm telling you for a *fact*: a 20 warlock cannot even come close to taking a 20 hunter. the notion that a 20 lock can take on a 20 hunter is just completely absurd. i don't know what else to tell you.

<3 shaurooke

A Hunter dying from your DoT's after he has killed you is certainly possible
<

No offense, but Locks would be a lot more viable if instead of say Rain they'd get Sacrifice back (not that I expect that to happen anytime soon). Not saying you can't do your part in a group but atm they're in the same boat as other classes: little burst, hard-cast spells in an Instant-dominated environment.

It isn't stopping me from playing one again, though.

Clarifying you've never fought a hunter outside a battleground would be a good start. Because then your "facts" would actually be related to what everyone else is talking about.

we've already "clarified" that 1v1s are *not* duels. i have also already "clarified" multiple times that warlocks cannot even come remotely close to beating a hunter at level 20 in either a 1v1 or a duel.

everyone else is talking about the same thing except for you and the other guy who exist in some kind of imaginary-land where level 20 hunters are not complete and utter godmode and level 20 locks are not complete and utter gimped. just because someone you know beat some keyboarding turning, s-keying 900 HP male night elf hunter on his 20 warlock does not mean that warlocks can take hunters at level 20.

i'm guessing that you haven't played a 20 warlock (i have) or a 20 hunter (i have) and aren't aware that a lock won't even get a single cast of fear off before he's at < 20% hp, and then it will be trinketed, because nobody ever gets CCd at level 20 since there aren't very many/everyone sucks too much to use them, and then he will finish his not-so-glorious death after bringing the hunter down to 90%.

welcome to the level 20 bracket!

[...]

i'm guessing that you haven't played a 20 warlock (i have) or a 20 hunter (i have) and aren't aware that a lock won't even get a single cast of fear off before he's at < 20% hp, and then it will be trinketed, because nobody ever gets CCd at level 20 since there aren't very many/everyone sucks too much to use them, and then he will finish his not-so-glorious death after bringing the hunter down to 90%.

welcome to the level 20 bracket!

This.

EDIT: also, if hunter uses either Moth, Bat, Wasp or Monkey, the Lock wont get a single fear off

Destruction

Cataclysm now increases Fire damage by 30%, up from 25%.

Fire and Brimstone now increases the damage of Incinerate and Chaos Bolt on Immolated targets by 5/10/15%, up from 2/4/6%.

Soul Fire now scales with 72.6% of spell power, up from 62.5%.

is the only stuff that is fucking AWESOME! okay im back (jk) now i see Warlocks coming back even more.

5% more fire damage and abit more soul fire damage, this wont change a whole lot guys?

This.

EDIT: also, if hunter uses either Moth, Bat, Wasp or Monkey, the Lock wont get a single fear off

it's true. between scattershot, pet ability, and outranging with disengage, i could take a lock from 100 to 0 without even being feared once.

and even if you get a fear off, it breaks so ridiculously easily that there's really not much point fearing the hunter in the first place. might as well fear the pet instead - it's pretty much out-DPSing you by itself anyway!

5% more fire damage and abit more soul fire damage, this wont change a whole lot guys?

It won't change alot but as a geared warlock (which I was myself) I was capable of criting 600+ Soulfires against a resil Target... now it's 10 % more scaling from Spellpower we have an increase of 9 % on Immolate which also indirectly effects Conflag:

Conflagrate 16% of base mana 40 yd range Instant 10 sec cooldown Instantly deals fire damage equal to 60% of your Immolate's periodic damage on the target.

and also overall the 5 % Fire Damage adds up alot more for a non geared warlock before before it was more useful to go for Affliction when you weren't geared that well.

It won't change alot but as a geared warlock (which I was myself) I was capable of criting 600+ Soulfires against a resil Target... now it's 10 % more scaling from Spellpower we have an increase of 9 % on Immolate which also indirectly effects Conflag:

Damn,

Z.e. g.e.r.m.a.n.s. a.r.e. c.o.m.i.n.g. b.a.c.k.

Yes/No/Maybe

Need more Jera in /5

Users who are viewing this thread