EU+US Walnut Stock replacement needed for f2p gold sink

merl_D

Veteran
Now that the f2p gold limit has risen from 10g to 1000g, the old reliable use of Walnut Stock purchases to act as gold sponges seems inadequate. An ideal replacement would be more expensive (10g-100g), still offer a significant fraction buyback value (15%-30%), form a tall stack (200 or more), and ideally would be classified as a reagent (since the reagent tab at the bank is now available). So far, I haven't found anything that meets all those criteria. If anyone has seen anything close, please give us a shout out. Thanks.

I was thinking about this as well! Thanks for actually making a post about it. Currently I've been dumping gold into 'Explorer's Pack' at 160g each to fill my inventory and bank with 18 slot bags until we find a gold sink to store gold.

Ok, the choices I found that somewhat meet these requirements were:
Nether Vortex, stack 200, buy 70, sell 2g, G'eras Shattrath 50.8 42.4, Crafting Reagent .
Primal Nether, stack 200, buy 40, sell 1g60, G'eras Shattrath 50.8 42.4, Crafting Reagent.
Hardened Adamantite Tube, stack 200, buy 12, sell 3g, Dealer Najeeb Netherstorm 44.8 36.6, Crafting Reagent.
Elixir of Tongues, stack 200, buy 23g96, sell 7g49, Fizzi Liverzapper Dalaran(new)UB 76.2 82.4, Other.
Ironspine Protocol, stack 200, buy 9g85, sell 2g46, Clockwerk Storm Peaks 33.8 58.0, Other.
Primordial Saronite, stack 200, buy 135g, sell 7g, Arcanist Uovril Dalaran(old)UB 38.8 53.2, Other.
Even though its not a reagent, I'm gonna go with Elixir of Tongues; because, Fizzi has an unlimited supply, the sell/buy ratio aint bad, and he's just moments away from the spot the Dalaran hearthstone drops us.

The portal stone drops us at the base of the walkup to Krassus Landing (the flight master's area). From there, take one step into the city and look to the left to see the ramp down to the sewers. Once down there where the elven guards are take the first usable pipe on the left into a room lined with wooden ladders and platforms. Go up the far corner on the left then through to the tunnel behind where Fizzi has a laboratory. Just buy all the Elixir you can to keep well away from hitting gold max. Keep one stack in your bags in case you ever need quick cash, and drop full stacks in the bank to create a retirement fund.

slightly off topic, but is largely relevant, what is the best way for a f2p to farm gold so that we will ever need to use a 1k gold sink? Given that selling high value items in AH is not an option, and dungeon reward is around 20-30 gold each run.

Without really even trying, that 1k gold limit is gonna hit frequently just from everyday rewards from mob drops, dailies, and instance runs. At some point, even storing stacks of items like those above will start to fill up bank slots. Unless you periodically plan to do a subbed month its just gonna look like a hoarder's attic. There are some things to spend it all on right now, but that'll fade away soon enough.

There are some things to spend it all on right now, but that'll fade away soon enough.
Could you please explain what you mean by that? If there's anything useful or good that I can buy that's time limited I'd really like to know what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread