Video editing software question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats a good free video editing software program people use? I have a Mac which was wonderful for editing videos, but now slow since it's out of date (9 years old) and I don't feel like hooking it back up.

Is there a good one compatible with Vista?

Mmm...

Feel like doing something illigal? You could easily get Premier...

I'm not ashamed to say I use Windows Movie Maker. It gets the job done fine usually. I say usually because if I am mixing a 10 minute video, it usually won't work...it will bog down and it won't publish correctly. So all I have to do is publish the movie in two separate parts, then publish the two big parts together.

But if you want to go crazy and really put some time into it, you could illegally get Sony Vegas. But as far as free software, WMM really is the best from my experience. That, and it's very easy and quick to use.

Painaid said:
I'm not ashamed to say I use Windows Movie Maker. It gets the job done fine usually. I say usually because if I am mixing a 10 minute video, it usually won't work...it will bog down and it won't publish correctly. So all I have to do is publish the movie in two separate parts, then publish the two big parts together.

But if you want to go crazy and really put some time into it, you could illegally get Sony Vegas. But as far as free software, WMM really is the best from my experience. That, and it's very easy and quick to use.

QUick question, how do you put text when the video itself is playing?

I personaly love Abode CS3 Master Collection.

It has just about everything you would ever need for video, sound, and picture editing ... the down side is it cost 1,000 - 1,500.

Premiere, After Affects, Photoshop, Acrobat, Contribute, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Soundbooth, Bridge, Encore, On Location.

A hell of a deal.

Naturaltalnt said:
I personaly love Abode CS3 Master Collection.

It has just about everything you would ever need for video, sound, and picture editing ... the down side is it cost 1,000 - 1,500.

Premiere, After Affects, Photoshop, Acrobat, Contribute, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Soundbooth, Bridge, Encore, On Location.

A hell of a deal.

But very, very expensive :S

Yup, the high school I went to my senior year had a class with a bunch of expensive tech and 30 computers loaded each with all those programs and more.

It was one of the highest paid public schools, but that class was locked down tight.

Naturaltalnt said:
Yup, the high school I went to my senior year had a class with a bunch of expensive tech and 30 computers loaded each with all those programs and more.

It was one of the highest paid public schools, but that class was locked down tight.

I bet, if someone stole a computer, its 500-1k for the computer alone and then that program must cost a fortune for a lot of computers :S

I think between the computer, equipment for each, programs, added features each computer was measured at 30k for each.

Not to mention there was alot of other equipment like camras and etc.

3 camras inside the room, 2 outside, locked door 100% of the time w/ only 5 keys accesing the door, not to mention 1 of the 4 guards came around quite often.

The school got alot of education deals so instead of 30k, they only paid like 15k each, which is still alot.

More than likely has already been said but...

Go to pirate bay.

Search Sony Vegas.

Download

Install

Profit.

RC-ST. said:
try moviemaker - you will be surprised but it s already installed on your windows :p

I bought a gaming computer, so it didn't come installed, however my laptop has the program so I may just have to move the video's over to edit them.

Thanks for the input though guys. Working offshore I probably could get Sony Vegas ez, cause lately I haven't really trusted pirate bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread