Useful Engineering items for 29's

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Engineering at 225 level (240 for Gnomes), what are the items 29's use most often and find most useful?

Grenades are very helpful. I think it was Misdameanor, a 29 orc rogue, who used one every fight. It was annoying as hell, until I started doing the same. Great for catching a kiter or spell interrupting. Iron Grenades are my favorite because they are cheap and can throw on the run.

The Goblin Rocket Helmet is sweet. 15 stam and you can use it as a charge/stun which lasts for several seconds. Might be 10 sec. Only gnomes can use it, requires 235 engineering. Catch that damn mage kiting you finally and 1 shot em!

Gnomish Net-o-Matic Projector - Net somebody, or you for 10 long seconds. Only my druid usually uses this since it is easy to shift out of backfires.

Gnomish Mind Control Cap - Mind control an enemy (not in combat). Make a hunter or lock fight their pet as you dance and laugh. Or make a hunter step on his frost trap. Backfires sometimes and you become their pet which confuses them too. Can't use this if you have a pet already, gotta dismiss them 1st.

Goblin Land Mine - Fun to drop by WSG flags. Step on them and they go boom.

Gnomish Cloaking Device - Go invisible for 10 secs, stops when you are damaged or cast something.

Gnomish Shrink Ray - Shrink the enemy and their AP, backfires a lot, funny whatever happens.

Goblin Rocket Boots - Sprint, or explode and you have to remake them.

Gnomish Rocket Boots - More reliable sprinting, longer cooldown.

Spellpower Goggles Xtreme - +21 SP head armor

Parachute Cloak - Always fun in AB for jumping off cliffs. Sprint off the lumber mill, pop chute and land near the Blacksmith. Accepts +12 AGI BC enchants too, so melee and hunters like this one.

Flash Bomb - Engineers make but doesn't require the profession. Make any beast run in fear for 10 secs. Works on druids in bear or cat form, and shamans in ghost wolf, hunter pets too.

Every 29 twink I have made (about 10), have maxed engineering out. It's usually the only profession I use.

Reactions: Sat
ghank pretty much summed it up in his post.

Let me add a couple thoughts about [ITEM]Iron Grenade[/ITEM]s

They are AWESOME! You can throw them while running! That being said, you'll miss a hell of a lot of times while you learn how to time your throws. If you're chasing someone, you have to lead them. If you're chasing a good player, he'll see that you're about to throw and he'll change direction causing a miss.

I have a ball using them.

yeah before you got them by become special enigneerer (like goblin or gnomish) or renew the membership but they changed it to rare drop soo now ppl are able to get both

Mazurati said:
hehe.. the other day while taking my twink through gnomer 2 recipes dropped.

Schematic: Lil' Smoky

and

Schematic: Pet Bombling

apparently they are rare drops?

Then you've been lucky as the drop chance on these two items is 0.5% for Lil Smoky from Trash mobs and the Bombling is just like 1% from the last one, gg =)

Actually that's because you don't see them if you are not an Eng. The Bombling is a 100% drop rate and Lol Smoky is a combined 25 - 50% per run depending on who's math your belief. Very easy to get.

Finks said:
Actually that's because you don't see them if you are not an Eng. The Bombling is a 100% drop rate and Lol Smoky is a combined 25 - 50% per run depending on who's math your belief. Very easy to get.

I don't think so.. I was looting with my main and duel boxing with my twink and I loot everything in Gnomer (don't want to miss a really good blue).

My main isn't an Engineer and when I went to loot a mob, it said it would BoP, so I took my twink to the dead mob and looted then.

On my rogue, I loved Goblin Sapper Charges. Ambush the FC, hit the sapper charge. Usually, the flag was dropped before the healer even knew what happened. It was almost a suicide mission, but, I've returned many flags that way.

Discombobulator Ray - other twinks hate that.

The cloaking device I would use in WSG on my shammy. I'd hit midfield, see 4-5 coming at me, hit the trinket and just keep going. Pets and succubus and anyone with lesser invisibility detection can still see you. One hour cooldown was a bit frustrating, but, it did surprise a lot of people. I think many people thought I left the battleground and would give up the chase.

It used to be that explosive sheep would follow a rogue even if he vanished. Now they are about as much fun as a target dummy, but, players still wonder what it is and will blindly attack it.

Can you wear leather? Gnomish Harm Prevention Belt. And for D, the Catseye goggles are a must.

I remember holding D in WSG with another guildmate that had catseye goggles and an instant cast spell (druid/lock/mage) and he would tag them, they would generally run a little and I'd do the cleanup. From where I stood, once you hit the 'pad' in the flag room, you were visible unless you were 3 points into MoD. Rarely did anyone ever touch our flag and if they did, they were dead/snared within an instant.

I thought about making a twink without engineering because I didn't use grenades or frag bombs frequently, but, the trinkets and other goodies were what I used much more frequently. I know one twink guild requires all twinks to have herbalism/engineering post 3.1.

I used to use Catseye Goggles on my hunter with detect stealth on and I could see rogues and druids a mile away.

And my lock used the explosive sheep, a parrot, the Dog Whistle which summons I think a level 40 hyena, and his succubus all at the same time. I had a 4 pet party which looked pretty funny. Shoulda took a snapshot of it I guess.

Mazurati said:
I don't think so.. I was looting with my main and duel boxing with my twink and I loot everything in Gnomer (don't want to miss a really good blue).

My main isn't an Engineer and when I went to loot a mob, it said it would BoP, so I took my twink to the dead mob and looted then.

Yeah the reason why was because you had an Engineer in the party. If you had it on group loot, the item wouldn't pop up on the need/greed roll thing for your main, but would on the twink. You saw it because you looted it on the main and I bet it was red to you. If you didn't have an Engineer in party at all, you never would have seen it period.

Finks said:
Yeah the reason why was because you had an Engineer in the party. If you had it on group loot, the item wouldn't pop up on the need/greed roll thing for your main, but would on the twink. You saw it because you looted it on the main and I bet it was red to you. If you didn't have an Engineer in party at all, you never would have seen it period.

It was a FFA, and it gave me a warning sign saying it would BoP

Yes, understood, but the point is because the eng was in group you saw it on your non eng. If the eng wasn't there you never would have seen it. This method has been implemented in game since BC.

thats a possibility, but I do recall picking up formulas I did not skill in, since I used farm instances with my main for enchanting mats.

also.. I double checked Wowarmory and it shows a 3-14% drop rate. I'd probably go by that before wowhead.

I try and verify this by running this on my main only and get back with you, cause now I'm curious.

I know for a fact that the Weather Beaten Journal is that way. You can fish for a trunk and open it without looting and not see it (cause you already know the skill), then trade it to a toon w/o the "find fish" skill and they will see the journal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread