Useful addons?

Unit Frames

PitBull Unit Frames - Very really detailed unit frames very good for PvPers willing to spend lots of time sorting these Unit Frames to fit their style.

Simple Unit Frames - Simple Unit Frames are very simple and not much different to the blizzard standard unit frames though is useful for its accuracy.

Shadowed Unit Frames - Less complicated version of PitBull though has some good ideas and takes less AddOn memory.

X-Perl Unit Frames - My personal favourite unit frame AddOn as it is easy to configure and shows detailed information on the target and allows me to have my focus frames precisely how I like them.

Raid and Party Frames

Clique - Allows click- and hover-casting on unit, raid and party frames.

Grid2 - Shows raid or party and is very accurate about health and mana.

HealBot Continued - Same thing as VuhDo but allows you to use all the buttons on your mouse including all the buttons on the the razor naga mouse.

VuhDo - Shows people in your group and raid and also allows you to click the name to cast a spell on that target, allows many more options this is great for raids.

Nameplates

Tidy Plates - Nice square nameplates, customisation options, and look good with basic minimap.

Healers have to die - Adds two different healer symbols to the nameplates of friendly and enemy healers though has a slight disclaimer as it

classes everyone as healer as soon as they use a healing spell without taking consideration of the players spec but is a great PvP AddOn.

Action Bars

Bartender - My personal favourite as it's easy to configure and allows a lot of options and doesn't quick page like Dominos.

Dominos - Less detailed version of Bartender though slightly more good looking with a good configuration.

Casting Bars

Quartz - Shows spell time.

Minimap

Basic Minimap - Square map and my personal favourite.

Chinchilla Minimap - Allows you to choose the appearance of the map from a few options and comes with coordinates meaning you don't have to download Mapster or Coordinates to show them.

Dominos Minimap - Square map pretty decent as it's low AddOn memory.

Minimap Button Frame - Collects minimap buttons for easy access and minimal clutter.

Sexy Map - Decoration for your minimap though catchs my eye a lot.

Simple Minimap - Allows you to choose the appearance of the map from a few options.

wMmap - Not very detailed map but comes with configuration of the positions of worldstate, quest objectives and achievement objectives.

Map and Navigation

Carbonite - Has a map, minimap, quest helper and an advanced social list with your friends from other characters on the list on your other toon.

Cartographer - Cartographer replacement AddOns.

Mapster - More world and zone map functions.

TomTom - Personal navigation assistant. I use it mainly for chest farming on 20 lvl.

PvP - Communication

BG Defender - Helps you quickly call out # of incoming/help needed/safe in BGs, if you are near a point to defend.

Can't Heal You - /W's the person you are trying to heal if they are out of range or line sight to tell them that they are out of range or line sight.

focusheals - Type /fh b to announce a list of the enemy healers in /bg

SaySapped - Immediately /S Sapped when sapped and informs you in chat who did it which is extremely useful FCing as you'll see less people running away from you during sap which avoids getting facerolled by 3 or more rogues.

PvP - Enemy Information and Timers

BattlegroundTargets - Shows the opposite faction's health and mana in a BG and allows you to focus them by right clicking their name.

Capping Battleground Timers - Shows timers in BG's and FC and EFC names in WSG and Twin Peaks.

DBM-SpellTimers - Same thing as Capping but doesn't show EFC or FC's name on the worldstate.

Spy - Helps determine the enemy's class and spec.

Stealth Alerter - Shows who has used Stealth or Prowl with both factions, if you get sapped it tells you the perpetrator.

PvP and PvE Combat - Alerts, UI Mods, Spell Suggestions, Misc

DHUD4 - Shows your and your target's health by the side of your character though can be quite messy on your screen and I advise making the scale slightly smaller when using it.

GTFO - Sounds different alarms if you are in AoE/close to drowning/fatigue zone/etc.

MikScrollingBattleText - Battle text.

NugComboBar - Shows combo points and holy power.

Omen Threat Meter - Threat metre.

Poisoner - Makes it easier for rogues to remember to use poison.

PowerDing - For pallies, microwave ding at full holy charge.

RangeDisplay - Shows the range of the target.

SnowfallKeyPress - Uses the key binding you have just used when you release the key.

SpellAlerter - Alerts you of spells.

SpellFlash - Suggests spells to use by making the spell icon flash. Get the appropriate class pack.

Interrupts and Cooldowns

InterruptBar - Shows interrupts.

Clique - Less messy version of InterruptBar.

LoseControl - Tells you the duration of CC's.

OmniCC - Spell CD's.

SexyCooldown - Shows cooldown remaining times on a bar.

Shutupfool - Silly AddOn, features Mr. T yelling "SHUT UP FOOL" when you interrupt an enemy player. Note, only you hear this.

Damage and Healing Statistics

Recount - Shows damage, DPS etc. of raid or party.

Skada Damage Meter - Same as recount.

TinyDPS - Another lightweight healing and damage metre.

AfterMath - Calculates the damage your spells and abilities do after so many uses.

Honor Kill Tab - Adds a tab under your PvP window to display how many HK's you have per BG total, as well as for the day. Replacement for Blizz's original tab.

REFlex - Collects statistics of played BG's and Arenas. Includes wins/losses, with timestamp, as well as honor gained, damage/healing done, and deaths.

Other Utility and Miscellaneous

AchScreenshotter2 - Automatically takes screenshots of BG final scores and whenever you get an Achievement.

Addon Control Panel - Adds an AddOns Button to your main menu for fast in-game management and UI reload.

Altoholic - View your other toon's bag/bank/equipped items, etc.

AtlasLoot Enhanced - Shows you gear and where it is from.

Bagnon - Better version of OneBag3 in my opinion, turns the normal backpack into all one bag.

Bejeweled - Best game ever.

BlizzMove - Easier version of MoveAnything, just less detailed.

Chatter - Customize chat.

hfLootRoll - Neater version of standard need, greed and pass frames.

Masque - Pretty buttons for less clutter. For example with Elegance

MoveAnything - Allows you to move WoW UI and change the scale of the item.

OneBag3 - As the name suggests it turns the normal backpack into all one bag.

Prat 3.0 - Customize chat.

Preform AV Enabler - Lets you queue BGs with a raid group, if the other players have this this AddOn installed.

SafeQueue - Queue Mod, tells you the time you have to enter a BG or Arena.

TipTac - Replacement Tooltip AddOn, I love it so much.

Stand-Alone UI Mods

Duffed UI - UI replacement, it's a modified Tukui v13.

nUI/Tukui - UI replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread