• Rampage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stormstrike

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Perplex said:
Competetive Arena/More skilled players = Cyclone

A lot of players = Nightfall

Seriously, what is this based on? Hearsay, BS, or both?

My guess is that some players from other battlegroups rolled a toon or xferred on to nightfall, and ran into a sub-par premade group. These people then thought: This is a premade. On the battlegroup I come from, premades are usually comprised of the best players in the battlegroup. Yet this premade isn't all that good. This must mean that Nightfall isn't that good.

Then these people went back to their former battlegroup's forums and posted their thoughts on how bad Nightfall is, citing this premade as an example.

In case you don't believe this, take a look at this clown (post 108). The guy spends one day on Nightfall, joins a premade game against a new guild with mediocre players, and thinks he can gauge Nightfall's players off of this small experience. It is akin to someone from California going to the south Bronx and coming back to his friends talking about how terrible the Northeast US is. It just doesn't work.

Boostz said:
I am saying that if a bg overpopulates, not everyone will have a chance at being in a premade, the primary reason why Nightfall is popular.

I'm implying there's a far better bg when it comes to arenas, and that the skillcap, if there is such a thing, is more in tune with arena on cyclone.

See my above answer concerning 'most competitive'.

Cyclone isn't different from most bg's in that people on it wouldn't xfer to Nightfall for activity, just a number of them are fine with not being the most active, but happy with the current quality on cyclone. Just as i'm sure some Nightfall members might consider xferring to cyclone for the 'competitive' arena.

Oh ok, I get ya. When you say "most competitive" you mean that any time someone wins they go to the forums posting the results to show everyone that they have won. Let's see how well that works for Cyclones population. Oh what? You mean it is becoming more inactive as we speak? Interesting.

Here at Nightfall, we take pride in our community. We don't post results of matches that are set up. This keeps the competition very friendly. Maybe this is the key to bringing people together?

Here is something to think about. How long do you think it will take for the people of Nightfall to become 10/10 on that silly scale when more and more people are transfering / rerolling every day? Sorry, but Cyclones nitch of "Best arenas and most skill" isn't going to last. However, Nightfalls nitch of most activity will last. Who knows, maybe in a few months we will be the BG with "most activity, best arenas, best skill."

/shrug

Unobscured said:
Seriously, what is this based on? Hearsay, BS, or both?

My guess is that some players from other battlegroups rolled a toon or xferred on to nightfall, and ran into a sub-par premade group. These people then thought: This is a premade. On the battlegroup I come from, premades are usually comprised of the best players in the battlegroup. Yet this premade isn't all that good. This must mean that Nightfall isn't that good.

Then these people went back to their former battlegroup's forums and posted their thoughts on how bad Nightfall is, citing this premade as an example.

In case you don't believe this, take a look at this clown (post 108). The guy spends one day on Nightfall, joins a premade game against a new guild with mediocre players, and thinks he can gauge Nightfall's players off of this small experience. It is akin to someone from California going to the south Bronx and coming back to his friends talking about how terrible the Northeast US is. It just doesn't work.

Woo, more level 1 Nightfall cheerleaders. It's an endless tide.

Many people in other battlegroups besides Nightfall have experience playing together, both as a result of PTR and transfers, so there's an inter-battlegroup community built up. And currently, that inter-battlegroup community's focus is on Cyclone.

Nightfall is outsiders, and never really showed up on PTR, so they're a bit of a mystery. Of course, in the thread on Nightfall forums it was admitted by people native to it and by transfers to it that the skill level is a bit lacking. So take that as you will, 1-post-Nightfaller #12.

Athylle said:
Woo, more level 1 Nightfall cheerleaders. It's an endless tide.

Many people in other battlegroups besides Nightfall have experience playing together, both as a result of PTR and transfers, so there's an inter-battlegroup community built up. And currently, that inter-battlegroup community's focus is on Cyclone.

Nightfall is outsiders, and never really showed up on PTR, so they're a bit of a mystery. Of course, in the thread on Nightfall forums it was admitted by people native to it and by transfers to it that the skill level is a bit lacking. So take that as you will, 1-post-Nightfaller #12.

First of all, you have 9 posts, all of which are in this thread. You aren't exactly one to talk about 'level 1' anything. I read these forums frequently, I just don't feel like posting.

The problem with what you just said is that it is merely a continuation of hearsay and BS. "It was admitted by people native to it and by transfers to it" is a very vague way of saying absolutely nothing.

Most of the Nightfall players rejected PTR challenges, true. But that is probably because great 10v10s are played nearly every night - why go to the trouble of downloading the PTR, setting keybindings, macros, and addons up, when you can stay in Nightfall for great games? What is the benefit?

As Kiwid pointed out, Nightfall has a great atmosphere. GY camping and mid farming is so strongly looked down on that it is very rare to get into a terrible game. 10v10s aren't filled with people concerned about forum posts littered with screenies of X player owning Y player. If that's what Nightfallers see when they join the PTR, why would we bother?

Unobscured said:
First of all, you have 9 posts, all of which are in this thread. You aren't exactly one to talk about 'level 1' anything. I read these forums frequently, I just don't feel like posting.

I didn't talk about "level 1" anything. You are correct in that.

The problem with what you just said is that it is merely a continuation of hearsay and BS. "It was admitted by people native to it and by transfers to it" is a very vague way of saying absolutely nothing.

So when people fight on PTR and transfer to play against each other, it's hearsay and BS? These are people who know each other, not second or third party. Being an outsider, I guess you just aren't privy to such things.

Most of the Nightfall players rejected PTR challenges, true. But that is probably because great 10v10s are played nearly every night - why go to the trouble of downloading the PTR, setting keybindings, macros, and addons up, when you can stay in Nightfall for great games? What is the benefit?

Nightfall's current atmosphere is relatively recent. Nightfall never had a PTR presence, even before its rise. That's part of the problem.

As Kiwid pointed out, Nightfall has a great atmosphere. GY camping and mid farming is so strongly looked down on that it is very rare to get into a terrible game. 10v10s aren't filled with people concerned about forum posts littered with screenies of X player owning Y player. If that's what Nightfallers see when they join the PTR, why would we bother?

They don't join the PTR, so they wouldn't know. And feel free to present examples of screenies of player X killing player Y.

Athylle said:
So when people fight on PTR and transfer to play against each other, it's hearsay and BS? These are people who know each other, not second or third party. Being an outsider, I guess you just aren't privy to such things.

Nightfall's current atmosphere is relatively recent. Nightfall never had a PTR presence, even before its rise. That's part of the problem.

They don't join the PTR, so they wouldn't know. And feel free to present examples of screenies of player X killing player Y.

hear⋅say  [heer-sey]

–noun

1. unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge.

2. an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor.

Your knowledge of Nightfall is based on hearsay. I don't go around claiming Cyclone is terrible and the skill level is low, because I don't know. All of my information on the Cyclone battlegroup comes from a small conversation I had on vent one day, and reading forums. Thus, anything I posted about Cyclone would be based on hearsay or BS.

However, my knowledge about what happens when people join the PTR for 10s or arenas is based on more than just hearsay. I have read the fallout from PTR battles - it's mainly screenies and excuses. I'm sorry, but if forum rep is the only thing to be gained from joining the PTR, count me out.

Sir, you are rightly justified in choosing what your WoW experience will consist of. I myself haven't gone to the last few PTR's.

However, about the Nightfall hearsay, it isn't hearsay when it's coming from primary sources. When someone on Nightfall makes posts about the battlegroup's skill level, then it DOES come from direct knowledge, something which I never claimed to have.

iaccidentallytwink said:
Rampage is pretty damn active. sK on Dethecus (alliance) and slapKampers on Spinebreaker (horde), both run by the same people, allows 10v10 premades within the "guild" itself, since most people have characters in both guilds, I'd say Rampage is pretty damn active as a battlegroup.

sK, Drop Dead, and several other guilds all put together 10man groups fairly often. Theres a lot of 2v2 and 3v3 arena action as well (except people take it super srs)

Athylle, question for you.

Based off what everyone has told you about Nightfall and your experience in Cyclone.

Why do you say Nightfall is lacking in skill (again, based off what you have heard.) and you did not vote for Nightfall in the poll. (Again, bases off what you have heard, Nightfall is more active then Cyclone.)

It seems to me that you pick and choose which "facts" you accept.

You accept the "fact" that we have less skill.

You do not accept the "fact" that we are more active then you.

Why?

So if I told you Nightfall had the most skilled players, would you believe that?

Probably not.

So you chose to believe someone that says something negative, but not believe someone that says something positive. Hmmm?

I have also been on PTR. No battlegroup is sporting a large community on PTR. Just about every time I got on there was about 1 to 3 people on. Most of the time it was myself running around SW doing nothing.

Good idea but the fact i know about ten 39s in cyclone that dont have an account on twinkinfo (nor do they care for it) makes this poll a lil biased. tbh

good try though, but what we need is an official wow poll . Then we can talk srsly

Domed said:
Good idea but the fact i know about ten 39s in cyclone that dont have an account on twinkinfo (nor do they care for it) makes this poll a lil biased. tbh

good try though, but what we need is an official wow poll . Then we can talk srsly

Counting those 10, Cyclone still isn't even half of what Nightfall is.

However, this really isn't a good poll. Even the people from Cyclone who know Nightfall is more active, they vote for Cyclone.

Sounds, well, retarded if you ask me.

Kiwid said:
Oh ok, I get ya. When you say "most competitive" you mean that any time someone wins they go to the forums posting the results to show everyone that they have won. Let's see how well that works for Cyclones population. Oh what? You mean it is becoming more inactive as we speak? Interesting.

You seem to be stuck on some sort of stereotype. Cyclone has some of the best players in the current 39 bracket. This is fact. That's not to say there aren't plenty of other great players in other bg's, there certainly are. But, there are a alarge amount on cyclone.

Here at Nightfall, we take pride in our community. We don't post results of matches that are set up. This keeps the competition very friendly. Maybe this is the key to bringing people together?

Cool, Cyclone doesn't either. We simply make threads over the nights arenas to find out who's queueing and such.

Here is something to think about. How long do you think it will take for the people of Nightfall to become 10/10 on that silly scale when more and more people are transfering / rerolling every day? Sorry, but Cyclones nitch of "Best arenas and most skill" isn't going to last. However, Nightfalls nitch of most activity will last. Who knows, maybe in a few months we will be the BG with "most activity, best arenas, best skill."

The problem is, you are trying to say that activity = quality. This is not true by any means. Simple logic says you will get a mix of great and average to terrible players given said xfers. Your activity may last, Nightfall may end up the only active bg post patch for 39's, but this is not set in stone. Bloodlust was considered the most active, and look at them now, they are dead. Cyclone will continue to be the niche of high end players for some time, but that doesn't make them the best by any means.

It simply comes down to the individual 39, and what they want to do.

I really love how you guys are calling out Nightfall for sterotyping Cyclone when a ton of members from Cyclone believe that Sterotype that Nightfall has less quality twinks. The fact is Nightfall is more active then Cyclone. You can go on how Cyclone is so much better yada yada yada. Everything you say about skill is unjustified because most of you haven't played in Nightfall and Cyclone in order to judge what you see. There are plenty of justifications on how Nightfall is more active such as this poll or 8 10 man groups that were running last sunday.

But here's the thing. I'm not saying Nightfall is less skilled. I would imagine (apart from noted activity), they are quite similar in terms of players.

BUT, you cannot argue Cyclone has the niche of higher well known respected players. That is also fact. It may not be enough for most who would rather activity, but i personally would rather test myself against those considered the best at their respective classes.

Which is the whole point: It is up to the individual 39 to decide what they want. Not you, not me, not anyone but the individual themselves.

Kiwid said:
Athylle, question for you.

Based off what everyone has told you about Nightfall and your experience in Cyclone.

Why do you say Nightfall is lacking in skill (again, based off what you have heard.) and you did not vote for Nightfall in the poll. (Again, based off what you have heard, Nightfall is more active then Cyclone.)

It seems to me that you pick and choose which "facts" you accept.

You accept the "fact" that we have less skill.

You do not accept the "fact" that we are more active then you.

Why?

I pick and choose based upon what I observe. I see twinks in Nightfall doubting their own skill, and transfers to there doing the same. Please remember, I'm not the one who originated these assertions. I'm just reading what others (primary sources) write and synthesizing it.

On the other hand, I also have read that there is much activity in battlegrounds there, both for pug's and 10v10's. I'm more than willing to grant that it's probably the most active in those categories.

However, if you'd be so kind as to return to the first page, the poll question was rather vague. It merely mentions "activity", which could refer to any number of things. I view arena as being the most important aspect of PvP, and based on my observations, Cyclone is #1 for arena activity. Since I was forced to interpret my own meaning for the word activity, I did so, and voted for Cyclone.

Users who are viewing this thread