Update - after servers came back tonight - Shadowlands Professions Unlocked for level 10

sector3600

Veteran
UPDATE 2 - Hotfixed yesterday ----

Professions

• Fixed an issue where Shadowlands professions could not be trained before level 48 in Timewalking Campaigns.
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to fish while seated if a fishing pole is equipped.
+ + + + + +

I was on F2P 20 and was in Oribos so thought get the fishing pole as it only required Fishing (1) which gives +15 fishing.

So on a whim I talked to the trainer and Shadowlands Fishing was trainable.

Yesterday on another F2P toon, it required level 48 to learn.

So I tonight I would learn Engineering and Alchemy - not that I can do much with them because I locked myself to full Engineering in Vanilla, Outlands, Northend, Cataclysm, and Mists as well as full Alchemy in Vanilla, Outlands Alchemy (75), and Northend Alchemy (75) . Made the Outlands ilvl 30 alchemist stone and Northend Alchemy for the Endless Healing/mana Potions that work well with the stone.

True it is easier to drop Alchemy if all the transmutes are done and gather ore/mats for Shadowlands Engineering to make a Wormhole: Shadowlands for example as it only required Shadowlands Engineering (1) to use but before I could test it to see if one could teleport with it - the servers went down.

Last edited:
It works, and since the wormhole is a toy, if you have it crafted from another char you can use it, just need SL engi 1.

I believe there are no "Relics of the Past" for Shadowlands items, right? 'Cause they can be crafted with fixed stats and speed on them.

There are a few Shadowlands items with an optional slot, but for F2P makes them ilvl 19 so not too viable per se.

But Tailoring has 30/32 slot bag possiblities.

But most post WoltLK crafted, and vendor gear was unusable for F2P but for possible disenchanting mats (except for items like the Shado Pan Welfare greens. which are now unobtainable with level 21 requirement).

Then again, I think Relic of the Past is not updated for the new ilvl changes. ivl 19 vs an ivl 25+ drops. In another thread, Ghost Iron Dragonling @ ilvl 19 is more for being a stat stick as the dragonling proc is not doing as much damage as example. Even @ I believe crafted as ilvl 44 without the relic, it still requires > 20 player character level.

I kind of think Relic of the Past has become relatively useless beyond F2P with the ilvl and other item changes for Dragonflight.
[doublepost=1669124914,1669123739][/doublepost]Oh well one will need to check but the Shadowlands Alchemy to make the Red Noggin Candle may still require level 48 to learn Recipe: Red Noggin Candle.

Last edited:
upload_2022-11-22_19-25-48.png
yeah that is very funny

They must be trolling the players, why unlock Shadowlands Professions and still have hidden character level requirements?
Not only that but also the in-your-face 1 agi it provides. I would be furious if I enchanted it over gfed agi enchant

Not only that but also the in-your-face 1 agi it provides. I would be furious if I enchanted it over gfed agi enchant

True, which enchant was it?
[doublepost=1669146201,1669143966][/doublepost]Also have to re-test, but a majority of the Shadowlands item drops were not disenchant-able and just taking up inventory. Some I could with Legion/BFA enchanting prior to the 11-21 hotfix. I haven't made any Shadowlands Tailoring items for example to see if they are now disenchant-able. And I haven't re-check the leftover items in inventory.

True, which enchant was it?
[doublepost=1669146201,1669143966][/doublepost]Also have to re-test, but a majority of the Shadowlands item drops were not disenchant-able and just taking up inventory. Some I could with Legion/BFA enchanting prior to the 11-21 hotfix. I haven't made any Shadowlands Tailoring items for example to see if they are now disenchant-able. And I haven't re-check the leftover items in inventory.
Its boots enchant. I also couldnt disenchant any sl gear that I looted so I did tailoring and it works

Another thing I noticed for training/mats while in Shadowlands, is the reputation discount racial of the Goblin doesn't appear to be working in Shadowlands. So if doing something like Tailoring for dis-enchanting or making the 30-slot bag, it should be cheaper to get the Penumbra Thread elsewhere. Naturally there are exclusive Shadowlands vendor crafting mats so those can eat up gold cap fast ~ ie. Penumbra Thread 11g and one 30-slot bag needs 15.
[doublepost=1669254343,1669212874][/doublepost]It looks like pure F2P can't learn the schematic for the Wormhole: Shadowlands - needs Honored with The Undying Army ~ after doing all the quests I broke friendly with 1.5 bars towards Honored. And there are no more non-Convent accessible.

Also as mentioned the Shadowlands stat enchants are +1 and require level 50. And limited to a few drops that be disenchanted, so the F2P has to grind more items to make. Luckily Tailoring still one of the better ones for disenchanting for mats.

Tailoring is probably the only viable Shadowlands profession at this time for the 30-slot bag and even the 32-slot bag, if one gets enough mats to drop. Not really seeing the Shadowlands Cloth Scavenging passive kick in on F2P like the Boon of the Scavenger in Legion did.

Last edited:
Only proffesions that I see to be good enough for f2p are tailoring and jewcrafting, for bags and for gems (since it basically gives you a reason to farm for ilvl 87 socket wf items). Also, only the speed gem seems to be obtainable, the health regen is also locked behind honored rep with the Venthir.

Users who are viewing this thread