Unearthed bands

yeap

are you sure I checked a few 39s armoury links and the bracers don't show the extra stats

The bracers can drop with "of the" or without it, but of course the extra stat ones is abit more rare :)

are you sure I checked a few 39s armoury links and the bracers don't show the extra stats

maybe its the post cata ones or w/e or maybe armory is just gay, cuz in game they still add afaik

Hey does unearthed bands still give the extra stats when you equip them

Unearthed Bands without a suffix still drop from Uldaman, though they are a pretty rare thing to see.

Unearthed bans WITH a suffix are all grandfathered. The only ones that exist unbound are the ones that people have sitting around in banks unequipped. Be prepared to have a difficult time finding someone with a pair willing to sell them for a reasonable price.

I wonder if the "of Attack Power" which grant 26 Attack Power bonus will be in High Demand in WoD with the changes mentioned in an article "This is because Attack Power now contributes more significantly to weapon damage - 1 DPS per 3.5 AP, which is a pretty significant increase from the current 1 DPS per 14 AP. " I have been holding on to these in the GB for like 5 years now. ;P

I wonder if the "of Attack Power" which grant 26 Attack Power bonus will be in High Demand in WoD with the changes mentioned in an article "This is because Attack Power now contributes more significantly to weapon damage - 1 DPS per 3.5 AP, which is a pretty significant increase from the current 1 DPS per 14 AP. " I have been holding on to these in the GB for like 5 years now. ;P

Nope, all current gear with attack power on it is getting that amount halved to keep it in line with the changes to str and agi only giving one point of AP per point of str/agi.

Nope, all current gear with attack power on it is getting that amount halved to keep it in line with the changes to str and agi only giving one point of AP per point of str/agi.
How are they changing agi/str? Cause if AP will give 4 time the dps that it is now and tho they are halving the AP of items, AP will still give 2 times the dps it gives now

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Lol, thanks for the heads up. I hope this is one of those pieces they forget to modify, because that would be super epic. :p

Snack said:
How are they changing agi/str? Cause if AP will give 4 time the dps that it is now and tho they are halving the AP of items, AP will still give 2 times the dps it gives now

Agility is losing the crit bonus it has on live and give 1 AP per point of agility instead of 2.
Strength will give 1 AP per point of strength instead of 2.
Intellect will lose the crit bonus it has on live and continue to give 1 point of SP per point of intellect.

Items with AP values will have that value halved.

Since AP is largely distributed in amounts equivalent to the amount of Agi/Str found on same ilvl items, you won't see a huge swing in power between Agi/Str/AP.

Example:

Currently in MoP:

Unearthed Bands of Agility gives 13 Agi (26 AP).
Unearthed Bands of Strength gives 13 Str (26 AP).
Unearthed Bands of Power gives 26 AP (26 AP).

In WoD, accounting for all the stat changes:

Unearthed Bands of Agility gives 13 Agi (13 AP).
Unearthed Bands of Strength gives 13 Str (13 AP).
Unearthed Bands of Power gives 13 AP (13 AP).

Agility and strength both give attack power, gaining the same benefit from the new AP conversion (3.5 AP = 1 DPS in WoD, instead of 14AP = 1 DPS on live).

Inane said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Lol, thanks for the heads up. I hope this is one of those pieces they forget to modify, because that would be super epic. :p

They typically do everything with a formula applied to all items of a certain level/ilevel range. Items that get forgotten are usually items that people had unbound in guild banks or on characters that hadn't been logged into for awhile before the changes.

In WoD, accounting for all the stat changes:

Unearthed Bands of Agility gives 13 Agi (13 AP).
Unearthed Bands of Strength gives 13 Str (13 AP).
Unearthed Bands of Power gives 13 AP (13 AP).

You think it might be possible that the 13 Agi/Str bonuses could also be downgraded a bit, since the currently available bracers (without the extra stats) are getting squished from 9 agility, 6 stamina and 6 crit in Mop, to 7 agility, 5 stamina and 5 crit in WoD?

If that 13 agility got squished to less than 13, and the AP version got halfed, the AP version would have an advantage over the pure Agility version. But even if it doesn't, at least it will hopefully be equal to the pure Agility version. I sold my other bracers and have been sitting on these AP ones because no one cared about AP when compared to the Agility/Monkey versions, finally they may be worth something again. :)

Thanks for the clarification on stat changes, I haven't read up much on any changes. My account is currently inactive, taking a break, but I enchanted like 8 tabs of twink gear with various enchants hoping at least some of it becomes unobtainable/bis or unenchantable, but I haven't read much info on it. ;P

You think it might be possible that the 13 Agi/Str bonuses could also be downgraded a bit, since the currently available bracers (without the extra stats) are getting squished from 9 agility, 6 stamina and 6 crit in Mop, to 7 agility, 5 stamina and 5 crit in WoD?

If that 13 agility got squished to less than 13, and the AP version got halfed, the AP version would have an advantage over the pure Agility version. But even if it doesn't, at least it will hopefully be equal to the pure Agility version. I sold my other bracers and have been sitting on these AP ones because no one cared about AP when compared to the Agility/Monkey versions, finally they may be worth something again. :)

Thanks for the clarification on stat changes, I haven't read up much on any changes. My account is currently inactive, taking a break, but I enchanted like 8 tabs of twink gear with various enchants hoping at least some of it becomes unobtainable/bis or unenchantable, but I haven't read much info on it. ;P

In terms of value of str/agi/ap, they are going to be identical except on items that have an unusual amount of AP. Stats on gear seem to be reduced by 1-2 across the board (except armor, which is reduced by a significant amount) and hit/expertise/dodge/parry will either be dropped completely or converted to other stats. I don't see there being a significant enough difference between stats for AP bracers to matter more than Agi or Str. It basically just means that if AP bracers are what you can get then you're not worse off.

Soskanky said:
Agility bracers>AP bracers when you take kings into consideration

5% of 13 Agi is an incredibly small amount, especially when Agi no longer gives crit rating and is reduced to providing 1 AP per Agi.

Users who are viewing this thread