Unbind ANY BoE (whether equipped, soulbound, or whatever)

iaccidentallytwink

Guild Master
As of 4.3, random items are becoming soulbound in people's bags regardless of whether or not they have been used to transmog, wear, etc. Blizzard stated this is a known bug and that if this happens you should put in a ticket about the item.

Because the GMs seem to never check how it became soulbound (since the soulbinding bug seems to not generate any event logs on their side), they will unbind any item for you.

1. Have the soulbound item in your bags.

2. Put in a ticket stating something along the lines of;

"Upon logging on, my [xyz] has become soulbound. I have read on the forums that as of 4.3 random items have been binding to players upon logging in and I believe it has happened to me. Could you help me out by unbinding this item?"

3. Wait, and your item will be in your mailbox, unbound!

I have discovered this myself, I have used it to unbind Petrolspills with +24 after finding out I can use +32 on them weeks after equipping it, as well as to unbind a Crown of Endless Knowledge hours after needing it in a dungeon and having it bind from the need.

hopefully this will work for my adept's gloves, theyre so fucking rare, idk why i used em on my 10 priest, lol

Thanks for the update. I wonder how many ppl are grumbling now that they have deleted old twinks or deleted items.

Thanks for the update. I wonder how many ppl are grumbling now that they have deleted old twinks or deleted items.
Could always get a GM to undelete it and then try this...

Im seeing if they'll unbind a Rifle Commander's Eyepatch...this could be groundbreaking if they do. Just think, that puppy on a 19.

what if I buy an item, enchant it with something like pyronite weapon chain, then ask to have it unbound?
Should have clarified. They delete the item from your bags then mail it to you, so no, that wouldn't work.

Im seeing if they'll unbind a Rifle Commander's Eyepatch...this could be groundbreaking if they do. Just think, that puppy on a 19.

Why would they make a BOP item BOE? Title said "Unbind any BoE" not "Unbind any BoP"

Didn't work for me. Told me my BoE were binded in 08 and that the problem happened with newly acquired items from 4.3

Lol that must have been an ackward moment
<
. Unless the response was by mail, then I suppose it wouldnt have been as bad.

It was, I had enough of those akward moment haha. You know like: I completed that quest and can't find the reward anymore thank you. And you get the answer : We're sorry, but you never completed that quest.

haha

Users who are viewing this thread