Twinking?! What's left of it!

Those of you who have more than one twink probably realise how easy it is to level up a toon to 19 and gear up, but does that really make it a twink?

Now days you just buy the appropriate BoE's and get heirlooms then you're more or less done. But is that really twinking? Because twinking to me isn't just about having bis, it's about standing out from the crowd or others and (showing off more or less) saying that in the most least ego'ist way.

The only thing you can twink is, rings / trinkets / gloves / belt / bracer / boots / necklace and in some cases weapons. Everything else is just heirloom but that's a whole different argument.

Twinking in MoP and cata? Better or worse than wotlk and tbc?

add your own thoughts and opinions!

I think the transmogrification feature and the fact that there is enough variety in gear to have a number of BiS sets makes up for the changes in gearing.

Showing off with skill is much more effective.

Yeah, the way to get fame:
make a shit load of posts on TI
dont write in /say in game
be a bit arrogant

My old hunter twink one thing missing from the armory page is the fact that he was using the crescent staff reward from WC as this was at a time hunters used mana not focus! It was also at a time when you needed 100s of warsong gulch battle tokens (remember those?!) to get the tabard!

twisted chanter > crescent.

and wasnt tabard 70 tokens?

Eh, it was never really about having the gear anyway. I gauged people based on their skill back in the day, and I continue to do that today. I like having it more accessible. Also, there's more viable classes and specs, so it's a lot more varied and entertaining. Skill is the biggest part of the game now, and I personally like that.

Taking a shot in the dark here..

I really feel like blizzard needs to set up servers for this kind of stuff. Expansion wise. Allow the lower levels to choose which ever server they want. Make Vanilla server, including Naxx and NO heirlooms. Make a BC server, NO heirlooms. Make a WOTLK server, with the addition of the chest, shoulder, and trinket heirlooms. Make a Cataclysm server, with all heirlooms but legs. And finally the live server we have now!

I would like to see blizzard create class specific "teir" pvp gear for lower levels..

Users who are viewing this thread