Twinking smarter (saw this today)

germs said:
and I'm pretty sure that basically everyone had exploits by the time they were fixed due to posts on these forums.

Qft.

Although Drayner wanted maximum exposure to his site, posted how, and because of this now we don't have any leg armor kits.

Cause and effect:

- The Dirtybishop hotfix

- Enti's sword being removed

- The fact Drayner posted how to exploit, and then it getting fixed

People that try and counter my argument with "people before these exploits that had aldor/scryer enchants", I'll save you the trouble of posting if you just simply read below:

- It wasn't posted on any website on how to obtain these, maybe even 50 people knew how to exploit, and you didn't see Blizzard make a hot fix because it didn't affect the bracket due to the fact that not many people knew how to do exploit. The people that knew how didn't tell people that would tell others.

I'm not sure what your point of posting is?

Are you trying to flame or...

By the way, thanks for telling me the history of exploiting.

And yes, the method on doing aldor/scryer was posted by Fortunate on battlegroundforums (now pwndepot)

germs said:
I'm not sure what your point of posting is?

Are you trying to flame or...

By the way, thanks for telling me the history of exploiting.

And yes, the method on doing aldor/scryer was posted by Fortunate on battlegroundforums (now pwndepot)

I mean it wasn't directed at you personally, more at Drayner. I was merely agreeing with what you said.

Go find the post on bgforums and link it to me. Wait, you can't, because they deleted it correct?

Hassassin said:
Qft.

Although Drayner wanted maximum exposure to his site, posted how, and because of this now we don't have any leg armor kits.

Cause and effect:

- The Dirtybishop hotfix

- Enti's sword being removed

- The fact Drayner posted how to exploit, and then it getting fixed

People that try and counter my argument with "people before these exploits that had aldor/scryer enchants", I'll save you the trouble of posting if you just simply read below:

- It wasn't posted on any website on how to obtain these, maybe even 50 people knew how to exploit, and you didn't see Blizzard make a hot fix because it didn't affect the bracket due to the fact that not many people knew how to do exploit. The people that knew how didn't tell people that would tell others.

who didn't know how to exploit...

germs said:
rings dont have durability ;]

I never said they have durability and still you should get my point.

And btw guys this is way off topic now. Let's end this crap it has nothing to do with the thread anyways and we're just throwing shit here.

Boglund said:
I never said they have durability and still you should get my point.

And btw guys this is way off topic now. Let's end this crap it has nothing to do with the thread anyways and we're just throwing shit here.

I dont think you really had a point; you were just saying how you saw some people with exploits and how people that obtained them with the latest method are lame.

germs, my last post was for people like ertai who thinks only minor speed is worth on the boots !

though you seem to think the same... but oh well, stay in your bubbles guys, but if everyone satyed in their bubbles, nobody would have found any real spec to be in and you guys wouldn'T probably be twinking if that was the case. breaking the mold makes the gameplay, and i can tell you.. having put +7agi on my hunter made me do more damage, more then i need minor speed because guess what, 1 on 1 nobody ever comes close to me anyway. 2 on 1 i can still rock, and 3 on 1 starts to be rude on me, but i survive... and hoever tells you that because you are a hunter you can run the BG is lying to you and himself !

as for hassassin who thinks its because of drayner if the leg patches and shoulders were removed... guess otherwise... there are a lot of anti-twink communities around. get ont he forums of blizzard to see them go. blizzard always knows when things happens even when nobody talks about it. a good exemple unlike what you seem to think, is the scryer/aldor enchant who was taken care of like 3 weeks after it came out.

its just a coincidence if the drayner had posted it here and they got removed later.

you should instead, ask yourself why have they gone so far if it was just a shoulder exploit or a leg patch exploit ? for they got rid of +100hp as well, the boots, the patches and the librams. all this cause of drayners post about 1 single thing ?

dude you gotta come back to reality !

ArthurianKnight said:
as for hassassin who thinks its because of drayner if the leg patches and shoulders were removed... guess otherwise... there are a lot of anti-twink communities around. get ont he forums of blizzard to see them go. blizzard always knows when things happens even when nobody talks about it. a good exemple unlike what you seem to think, is the scryer/aldor enchant who was taken care of like 3 weeks after it came out.

its just a coincidence if the drayner had posted it here and they got removed later.

you should instead, ask yourself why have they gone so far if it was just a shoulder exploit or a leg patch exploit ? for they got rid of +100hp as well, the boots, the patches and the librams. all this cause of drayners post about 1 single thing ?

dude you gotta come back to reality !

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Aldor/Scryer lasted for awhile, at least 1.5 years before it was fixed.

Quara said:
A lot of the time I see casters running around with lopsided enchants that actually lose them stats. The best example is them putting +7 Intellect on Bracers that aren't Mindthrust - You'd always be better off going Mindthrust with +9 Stam! (For example, they take 2/2 bracers over MT (or +4 stam over +4 int, etc) since they want to 'stay balanced', but then pump in some Intellect. Overall, they'd be gaining +9 int / +2 Stam. But guess what? Switch it up with MT with stam instead, and suddenly you have +9 int / +4 stam.

Another common mistake I see is using offhands coupled with non-matching bracer enchants. +SP on your offhand is fine if you also stack SP on bracers, but if you're using a +Stam enchant with it then I suggest you rethink your gear >_>

So am i doing something wrong using the RFC Bracers +15 SP Chant on them with the fulborg medicine pouch?

Cause tbh, Its working like a charm even though you suggesting i should get a stam enchant on a set of bracers just to roll this OH Combo.

Not trying to troll, But just wondering should i keep it like this or reroll a new set of bracers?

ArthurianKnight said:
germs, my last post was for people like ertai who thinks only minor speed is worth on the boots !

though you seem to think the same... but oh well, stay in your bubbles guys, but if everyone satyed in their bubbles, nobody would have found any real spec to be in and you guys wouldn'T probably be twinking if that was the case. breaking the mold makes the gameplay, and i can tell you.. having put +7agi on my hunter made me do more damage, more then i need minor speed because guess what, 1 on 1 nobody ever comes close to me anyway. 2 on 1 i can still rock, and 3 on 1 starts to be rude on me, but i survive... and hoever tells you that because you are a hunter you can run the BG is lying to you and himself !

So, let me get this straight. +7 agility lets you take on 3 twinks at once?

Run speed will ALWAYS be the favored enchant. Go to elitist jerks, even for PvE, minor run speed produces more damage on the vast, vast majority of fights than does any other level 80 endgame enchant for melee. The reason is time-on-target. 8% is a big difference. In PvP, this applies for melee and range, since range have to kite to truly be effective.

Are you suggesting you just stand in one place, as a hunter, and DPS three twinks down? If you are moving, minor run speed is superior. If you are winning 3v1 without moving...your competition is so bad you probably don't even need an enchant on your boots.

Doyoulikedot said:
So am i doing something wrong using the RFC Bracers +15 SP Chant on them with the fulborg medicine pouch?

Cause tbh, Its working like a charm even though you suggesting i should get a stam enchant on a set of bracers just to roll this OH Combo.

Not trying to troll, But just wondering should i keep it like this or reroll a new set of bracers?

What Quara is saying is you need to maximize your stats when deciding on gear. Crystalline with 15sp and Furbolg is the right way to balance yourself. The wrong way would be to use 2/2 Eagle bracers with 9stam, then use a Mystic Tome offhand, for example. The idea isn't that being balanced is in any way a bad thing, the idea is that a lot of times people can make poor choices which aren't giving them the maximum stats they could have.

Ertai said:
I could write an essay on why Minor Speed is essential if you want to be good and people still wouldn't get it.

I could not agree more.

From one of the greatest warriors of all time Sun Tzu:

Speed is the essence of war. Take advantage of the enemy's unpreparedness; travel by unexpected routes and strike him where has taken no precautions.

Totally applies to WSG... am I wrong?

You can still be a good at the game without MS, i remember when people utilised 10 hit/crit.

R Prime said:
I could not agree more.

From one of the greatest warriors of all time Sun Tzu:

Speed is the essence of war. Take advantage of the enemy's unpreparedness; travel by unexpected routes and strike him where has taken no precautions.

Totally applies to WSG... am I wrong?

/agree, there are loads of these that apply

Though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays.

Whoever is first in the field and awaits the coming of the enemy, will be fresh for the fight; whoever is second in the field and has to hasten to battle will arrive exhausted.

- Sun Tzu

Users who are viewing this thread