Twinking in Cataclysm

deathwished said:
Do you think they will be enough to replace a fishing hat?

No, FCs and CC will continue to use [item]Lucky Fishing Hat[/item].

deathwished said:
Do you think they will be enough to replace a fishing hat?

afaik the stats for the BoA helms are;

10stam + 6primary stat + 4secondary stat + 4differentsecondary stat.

For a mail melee user this would come out as 10stam, 6str, 4hit and 4crit

This is more than BiS for most roles except FCs.

Im making a 19 healadin. Cata is just over a month away now, Ive fished in two comps so far, I got the boots but still no hat. Im guessing the BoA BiS healer hat will be something like 10 stam, 6 int, it might be the shammy ones. I think I'll pick out of looks, obtainablitiy, stats and armour. The LFH looks pretty mad imo.

Caulfield said:
Im making a 19 healadin. Cata is just over a month away now, Ive fished in two comps so far, I got the boots but still no hat. Im guessing the BoA BiS healer hat will be something like 10 stam, 6 int, it might be the shammy ones. I think I'll pick out of looks, obtainablitiy, stats and armour. The LFH looks pretty mad imo.

It'll be something like 10stam 6int 4spirit and 4haste/crit. There was a post on the front page showing the stats for all BoA heads and cloaks. Look it up.

I'd say FCs should drop the 5 stam for a 2nd stat and the armor. Its all about damage mitigation these days.

SSB64 said:
I'd say FCs should drop the 5 stam for a 2nd stat and the armor. Its all about damage mitigation these days.

Lucky Fishing Hat has 84 armour. BoA Helm/Back Stats from 10 to 59 | World of Warcraft Twink Info shows all the BoA helms to have 19 armour at level 19. This is probably outdated, as i would expect them to have more armour, however LFH does not have a low amount of armour. There will probably be a certain level of contention about whether LFH is BiS, it certainly looks more pro.

I had though (before the resilience "issue") that LFH would still be BiS for 10s due to stat scaling on BoA helms. Now I'm wondering if we'll see any more PvP BoAs with resilience on them..

Though LFH still has that sense of dedication about it that you just don't get from BoA gear.

Users who are viewing this thread