Twink Skinning Guide : 1 to 450

1-450 Skinning

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A warlock for summons to certain locations are needed

*Skinning Exploit*

1-450 in an hour flat~

How to do it:

*Put "Skinning" from you spell/ability book on your actionbar (For example hotkey "2").

* Turn Auto-loot off.

* Gather 6-7 mobs together (level does not matter) kill them and loot them (DO NOT SKIN THEM).

* Target one of the mobs and skin it, then just click on the next target and skin that one (Do not loot)

* Just skin the skinned mobs round & round and you will gain skills from it.

1. Skinning

Okay, I were helping a warrior friend of mine getting his skinning to 375, he had like 4 bars of exp and didn't want to spend it on exploring so I spent some time planning and this is what I came up with:

Start with learning the proffesion Skinning (Apprentice max skill 75)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-95 (No main needed) (0 exp gained)​

1-50:

Piece of cake, easily farmed around the zepp in durotar

(5-10 mins of farming)

(Almost everyone has this area explored)

At 50 skill go learn Skinning (Journeyman - max cap 150)

50-95:

Around XR there is a lot of lvl 11-12 mobs

(10-15 mins of farming)

95-275 Main or friend needed (150 exp gained)​

95-150:

Go to the location Agama'gor (The Barrens) and farm that area until you reach 150.

(5-10 mins of farming)

At 150 skill go learn Skinning (Expert - max cap 225)

150-165:

Now to the tricky part, for those who havn't done much outdoor pvp, you probably will have a hard time finding a location with lvl 30 (max) mobs which wont yield you exp. I spent a minute or two thinking about where I could farm lvl 30 mobs without exp from exploring, and I found a deadzone wich wont make you explore anything:

To get here just take zepp to Grom'gol, die against the first mob you can find and ress at gy.

This place has lvl 30 and 31 panthers / tigers, you'll be farming the lvl 30 ones.

(20-25 mins of farming)

(No exp from exploring)

or

Send lvl 70 in, aggro whole instance, bring to entrance, kill, twink runs in, loot and skin.

165-225:

There is a bunch of raptors near the Grom'gol base, farm these until you hit 225.

(10-15 mins of farming)

(No exp from exploring)

At 225 skill go learn Skinning (Artisan - max cap 300)

225-275:

There is a mountain behind STV arena, at this place you'll find tepthis and jungle stalkers, just farm these until you hit 275.

(30-40 mins of farming)

(No exp from exploring)

275-300:

Get a summon to this location (Felwood):

At that area there is like 7-9 bears within 20 yards and like 2 wolfs, wait for respawn and skin to skill 300

(10-25 mins of farming)

(150-200 exp from exploring)

At 300 skill get a summon to thrallmar & learn Skinning (Master - max cap 375)

(Exploring thrallmar will not yield any exp and will give you a quite large area to farm boars in)

300-375:

Farm boars around thrallmar, you'll get 1 skill every 8th mob or something.

(~ mins of farming)

(No exp from exploring)

Go train Skinning Grand Master in Dalaran (450)

195 exp from exploration.

375-435

I found a deadzone for this in Borean Tundra:

(20-30 mins of farming)

(No exp from exploring)

435-450

Dragonblight is your destination now. The mobs are not as crowded as in Borean Tundra but slowly does it, right?

(20-30 mins of farming)

(No exp from exploring) (Watch out so you dont get too near Agmar's Hammer)

Feel free to give +rep and or tell me if you want to add any information.

My suggestion for herbing in outlands is to go to the Dead Mire north of Swamprat post. There are enough herbs there to get you from 300 to 375 and it's a tiny area - one explore will get you the whole section you need. There are also about 5 mining nodes including adamantium and khorium.

Now if I can only figure out how to get my twink to 450 in both mining and herbing...

Hey nice guide! I used it to lvl my skinning. Only problem was that when I got 165 I wasn't yet able to skin raptors near Grom'gol. I had to go to west from the Lake Nazferiti and kill gorillas there untill 175-180. Then I moved to kill raptors near Grom'gol.

Another thing is that you could do like this in Outland:

300-330 Hellfire Peninsula - Hellboars near Thrallmar.

330-375 Terokkar Forest - All creatures near Shattrath.

I didn't get xp from explorng area just east of Shattrath (not confirmed thought) so I think it's pretty good place to train skinning.

375-415 Borean Tundra - Wooly Bulls north of Warsong Hold. Gave 195 exp from discovering Warsong Hold and It gave area there.

415-450 Dragonblight - Bears and eleks near Agmar's Hammer. (Gives around 200 exp I think from discovering Agmar's Hammer)

PS: Not sure about discovering experience but they are about.

BackStab said:
Hey nice guide! I used it to lvl my skinning. Only problem was that when I got 165 I wasn't yet able to skin raptors near Grom'gol. I had to go to west from the Lake Nazferiti and kill gorillas there untill 175-180. Then I moved to kill raptors near Grom'gol.

Another thing is that you could do like this in Outland:

300-330 Hellfire Peninsula - Hellboars near Thrallmar.

330-375 Terokkar Forest - All creatures near Shattrath.

I didn't get xp from explorng area just east of Shattrath (not confirmed thought) so I think it's pretty good place to train skinning.

375-415 Borean Tundra - Wooly Bulls north of Warsong Hold. Gave 195 exp from discovering Warsong Hold and It gave area there.

415-450 Dragonblight - Bears and eleks near Agmar's Hammer. (Gives around 200 exp I think from discovering Agmar's Hammer)

PS: Not sure about discovering experience but they are about.

The maximum exp we can gain through one exploration is 195. So those statements are quite correct, I'll add it when I cba xD

So I did 330-375 in Terokkar close to the rivers north/east of alliance town. There's alot lizards nearby rivers. If you decide to go there I did only get one discovery and it was one I got from rivers. So no exp from Shattrath to there. There's one camp that easily gives you 200 xp so beware it. Also there's Warp Stalkers that sneak behind you and does ~500 damage instantly. But it was alot faster than Hellfire Peninsula.

In Northrend bulls are good skinning lvl and should be used untill 430 or so. I guess another place instead of Dragonblight, wich could be quicker is Grizzly Hills. There's river with around 10 bears closeby. The river is located littlebit north of Amberpine Lodge. Get summon there so not alot experience. (Not tested completely)

Good luck with skinning! :)

450Mining, and 450Skinning, will that be good for a mage ?

In regards to the exploit, you said gather about 6-7, wouldn't just one work or do you need multiple mobs for it to work?

savagedpuck said:
In regards to the exploit, you said gather about 6-7, wouldn't just one work or do you need multiple mobs for it to work?

You need multiple mobs for it to work.

Just using that bug Warbay, taken me and a friend roughly 2-3 hours to get to 300. Outlands and Northrend still to go. :D

Painting. /wave :p

edit: 375 now, and 450

Benchlol said:
Just using that bug Warbay, taken me and a friend roughly 2-3 hours to get to 300. Outlands and Northrend still to go. :D

Painting. /wave :p

edit: 375 now, and 450

I'm glad I could help :)

Painting as in Painting on QT?

Use the Skinning bug! .. found out that u can skill from 150-300 in STV.. it might be tough at 275-300 cos the mobs will be green, but with the bug it takes no time.. (no xp gained)

150-225 (mobs at nesingwray's expedition)

225-300 (mobs behind Stv arena/nothfrom the arena on map)

tip: if you are stuck using the Skinning bug, then try to take a 10-15sec break on skinning, and then try again. otherwise kill a new group (of 5-7 mobs) with your main and you will be fine.

Correct me if im right or wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread