Twink ready?

Idk jack about 60s. But I see the word “ilv 374” being thrown around

I’m gonna say probably not.

Zazzy would know for sure

I see posts saying the 370+ gear was patched, not sure though. Also, what can I do as a 60 twink since you cant turn xp off?

I see posts saying the 370+ gear was patched, not sure though. Also, what can I do as a 60 twink since you cant turn xp off?
You can transfer to a non DF account to stay 60. You can do xpon random bgs or queue chromie dungeons, or SL heroic dungeons etc.

The character has good gear and will likely feel very strong
Before you transfer you can get some 415 2h axe from https://www.wowhead.com/npc=205865/zalkir-the-chosen If a 70 loots it while in party with you and trades you it within 2 hours.

Some people have gfd 376 greens and others are farming 418 greens, both these are only farmable as 59 with xpoff on DF

You can transfer to a non DF account to stay 60. You can do xpon random bgs or queue chromie dungeons, or SL heroic dungeons etc.

The character has good gear and will likely feel very strong
Before you transfer you can get some 415 2h axe from https://www.wowhead.com/npc=205865/zalkir-the-chosen If a 70 loots it while in party with you and trades you it within 2 hours.

Some people have gfd 376 greens and others are farming 418 greens, both these are only farmable as 59 with xpoff on DF
Thanks for the helpful advice, that 2H will be sick

60s have had severe balance issues this xpac with one group or other having gear that's impossible for others to get, and the disparity between strength being so large as to make skill pointless.

well, pve twinking is unaffected, and sometimes the balance ends up being quite fun.
i thoroughly enjoyed solo-healing mythic 60s pug raids at 60 and making doubter 70s eat their hats.
that's especially ez to do right after a patch, when your gear is scaled to godhood and maxlevs won't scale like that for several raids yet.
the alli 60s comm has been one of the best groups of supportive friendly skilled players i've ever been a part of,
i'd want to play with them no matter what we were doing, in fact, i'm missing it a lot right now because i'm overworked and can't play.
not that there's great content out there to conquer right now, it is a stretch to find worthy challenges atm. sometimes there is anyway, bfa twinking during sl was good pretty much right up until the end. Most of the regulars have given up and are still in the comm but lvl70.
60s unlike 20s are not separated to another bracket. our sub is not expired nor xpoff so we stay in with the levelers, but it's always just a 1-level-wide bracket, not 10 lvls like usual. That's so far always the case: the most recent old max lvl gets its own bracket of only exactly their lvl. so right now 50-59, 60, 61-(69 or 70, i forget). it's not in a good way right now regardless, but that's just df being shitty with unobtainable gear. other xpacs it's been lively enough even though it's 1 level wide.

Last edited:
He meant to say he likes everyone in 60 comm but me. What he's also saying is that the 60s on non DF accounts don't need to do anything to get in xp-on bgs. Their xp is already off on an SL account.

i hope 200 boxes is enough cuz im over grinding
TBH Probably not, you would be extremely lucky to even get a full set with only 200 bags, let alone a decent amount of terts and sockets.

For reference, I opened 315 of just the white bags and I only got one pair of gloves, and only 5 total pieces with Tertiary stats, no sockets.

These days, people are farming like 600+ bags, and some are even going as far as farming 900-1200+

Just remember, its a one shot deal, once you go to level 60, you can no longer get new 418 pieces. With a proper group, you can get like 50-100+ bags a day.

you have to get 115-360 spoils to guarantee 9 pieces (or 10ifyou dual wield). This does not include terts. Terts are approx 1 in a 100. So 300 spoils means you'll have 3 pieces with terts. Also, ranged weap seems harder to get.

Users who are viewing this thread