Twink League

Khaos

Dare to be Optimistic
I just wanna gauge some people's opinions on a thought I had. I thought about developing a Point system for fun actions that will encourage non-farming/"containing" methods for twinks.

The Twink League will begin at a certain time and will last a total of 2 months. The point system will be as such for things such as Flag Captures, Flag Returns, Healing over 100k in single BG, Damage over 100k in single BG, so on so forth, each will be rewarded points. But at the same time players will be losing points for certain aspects, if Spotted GY Farming/Containing you will lose points, if spotted afking you will lose points, If spotted abusing Flag Returns auto DQ.

It is a work in progress but a example scoring will be done like such (just examples)

Each Flag Return=5 points
Each Flag Capture=15 points
100k healing in a single bg=20 points and an additional 5 points for each 20k above 100k healing
100k damage in a single bg=20 points and an additional 5 points for each 20k above 100k damage
Each BG played=15 points,10 points extra for winning

Report of Afking Screenshot of roster at beginning of game and end of game=-50 points
Report of GY farming-Screenshot of player attacking players at the GY spawn point =-20 points

How these things will be reported will be through screenshots and statistic page at the beginning of the season/end of season for games played/won

Now I know there is alot of loop holes in this and it is just an Idea for now but if I get alot of interest in this I will consider taking this to another level. Any Ideas/Suggestions will be welcome but I want to stay away from HKs as it will encourage farming over actual gameplay.

make ppl get score for high healing n dmg as an attempt to encourage non-farming?

solid

even if ur idea wasnt contradictory itd still be bad like why even bother tryna force strats that arent the best

Report of Afking Screenshot of roster at beginning of game and end of game=-50 points
Report of GY farming-Screenshot of player attacking players at the GY spawn point =-20 points

What if you legitimately have to go? Are you suggesting that players should leave their WoW running in hopes that their character will remain in the game for the full duration even though they won't be there? And how about when people report other players 'AFK'? I'm sure people will start to report people with a lot of points 'AFK'.

What if their FC is in their GY?

Exactly as Trial Said, over farming and the encouraging players to stand in a gy and shoot fish in a barrel I am encouraging objective playing. The strat is smart I agree but if you notice the only guilds atleast on the US that can pull it off effectively are the guilds that have been around long and know objective playing already, while new players suffer, this is to encourage people playing more true capture the flag games over the containment mess that is now what 19s is. This will also be for players to sign up for it, so those players who feel containment is the only way can just go about their happy days.

What if you legitimately have to go? Are you suggesting that players should leave their WoW running in hopes that their character will remain in the game for the full duration even though they won't be there? And how about when people report other players 'AFK'? I'm sure people will start to report people with a lot of points 'AFK'.

What if their FC is in their GY?

As I said there is loop holes and if there is interest I will actually sit down and work it out. Heres a simple fix to truly having to go You have 3 get out of jail free cards, where when the Screenshot is submitted and you state that you had to go. If it happens more than 3 times out of the league then maybe you need to consider not taking the pop.

As for the FC in their own GY, the screenshot will show this and will be taken into account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly as Trial Said, over farming and the encouraging players to stand in a gy and shoot fish in a barrel I am encouraging objective playing. The strat is smart I agree but if you notice the only guilds atleast on the US that can pull it off effectively are the guilds that have been around long and know objective playing already, while new players suffer, this is to encourage people playing more true capture the flag games over the containment mess that is now what 19s is. This will also be for players to sign up for it, so those players who feel containment is the only way can just go about their happy days.
Giving out points for high numbers while banning GY containment promotes pointless mid farming, if anything. Containment at least makes games end quicker, mid farming does nothing but make games more painful.

i'm completely on your side with the anti GY farming, but giving points for high damage/healing is a bit counter productive IMO.

Mid farming is completely different than Containment and will allow for players to get their footing regroup and allow for actual Challenges to occur, simple things such as being able to move more than one direction into the firing squad makes all the difference. I love how you guys are trying to make this sound silly when it looks the complete opposite you guys trying to justify containment when in all honesty you guys dont have to compete in this league.

Yes at the end of the day containment is the most effective strategy but it is not fun for everyone and that is what Im trying to encourage. Once again if you do not agree then you do not need to post or sign up when this becomes active. If you feel you guys could actually compete without your firing squad then I would be happy to sign you guys up.

farmers will farm I suppose, good luck with it tho :D

Ok so no rewarding points for high damage/healing.

Ok please suggestions on what should be rewarded?

Thinkin some points for not being killed in a single game

Mid farming is completely different than Containment and will allow for players to get their footing regroup and allow for actual Challenges to occur, simple things such as being able to move more than one direction into the firing squad makes all the difference. I love how you guys are trying to make this sound silly when it looks the complete opposite you guys trying to justify containment when in all honesty you guys dont have to compete in this league.

Yes at the end of the day containment is the most effective strategy but it is not fun for everyone and that is what Im trying to encourage. Once again if you do not agree then you do not need to post or sign up when this becomes active. If you feel you guys could actually compete without your firing squad then I would be happy to sign you guys up.
Mid farming is different from containment in the sense that it isn't the least bit objective focused (note: mid farming, not a mid fight). Your goal is to promote a objective based playstyle, isn't it?

High damage/healing has been thrown out....anymore arguments?

I'm ready to have a competition for the most negative points.

and to be honest I figured some people might find that to be fun aswell. If you guys wanna be mean and such I will be giving bragging rites to those who get the highest negative totals.

I thought of my point scale via Good/Evil alignments. So if you want to shoot for being a more Evil player then by all means that can be a goal aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
y a twinkions league to stop containment if u only include points for not containing and give -points for doing it its like whats the point u dont even target ur target grp

Users who are viewing this thread