Twink Hunter

I am currently in the progress of making a twink 19 hunter, I was wondering what bow would be best to use. The Charmed Ancient Bone Bow or Venomstrike.

Venomstrike

The poison proc is nice and it's the only one you can put a +3 damage scope on. It's base dps is higher (0.8) and it's a bit quicker. You lose about 0.33% crit and the 5ap (or .35 extra dps) so the vemonstrike would still be higher.

I guess if your going for crit the Bone Bow is better but for higher average damage I would go venomstrike everytime.

yep, the Venomstrike has and will allways be the best hunter bow.

Also, what is the limit I should goto with the BoA items? Is it worth getting the sword and dagger and the trinket?

Sigh nvm, can't duel wield D:!

Sourhunter said:
Also, what is the limit I should goto with the BoA items? Is it worth getting the sword and dagger and the trinket?

Sigh nvm, can't duel wield D:!

Honestly about the only thing I liked was the shoulders and the PvP trink, if you have the spare badges the haste trinket is nice to grab but not a deal breaker.

Conrose said:
Wasn't the Dignified Headmaster's Charge great for hunters in this bracket?

ah yeah I forgot about that one good for the int hunters.

the wotlk scope can't be done thru trade window on SB items, haven't heard anything that changed the Pre-BC scopes as long as the item meets the level requirement.

i have seen alot of hunters who have the venomstike using the BoA bow instead. veteran twinks at that. so at times i find myself wondering if some have figured out something? yeah the crit, AP and hit stats help, but as some show the math and a BoA bow with 15.0 DPS should be nowhere near a 15.5dps bow with a +3 scope and chance of poison procs to boot. not the case.

i did 27 WSG's this weekend in 19 bracket, ended up in several head to head battles with other hunters. one hunter i got the jump on him, other than he SM once, he turned and facerolled me. looking at the combat log, the damage he was doing was more than mine. looked him up on armory, same overall stats just a point here or there difference from gear. same spec. nether of us ran OOM.

ArthurianKnight said:
puffer, we can't ?

i still have mine and it still has +3 scope working on it !

hm, lucky you then! Accurate scope can't be attached in the trade window, and I didn't get my venomstrike before 3.1. I was wondering with the +2 scope if it's still better than the BOA bow. Sounds like it's still the best though.

Xposure said:
My Venomstrike has +3 dmg scope, and I got it not so long before 3.1. Blizz made it impossible to attach scopes trough trade window in 3.1?

yeah, got the recipe, and tried it out myself :(

wonder in the master hunter rifle/bows can still have the +7 scope done thru trade?

Users who are viewing this thread