twenty fours

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if trolling or retarded

Look at it this way. There is a certain segment of the pvp community, IN ANY GAME, that is interested only on roflstomping weaker players.

You can't do this in WoW at the cap or the twink brackets because there is too much competition at the top level. Historically, these players have been reduced to flattening Crossroads or other lowbie towns in order to grief players and then leaving when an 85 shows up to defend.

Yet now, in the 20-24 bracket, these players have a permanent opportunity to have a 4-level and enchanting advantage over the majority of the pvp'ers they will face. This apparent imbalance will draw bad players like moths to a flame.

Of course there are good 24s out there. But I think we all know enough about human psychology to know that there will be a disproportionate number of weak players rolling 24s.

not sure if trolling or retarded

not sure what you don't understand. People who are used to leveling with BoAs from level 1 and being able to mail themselves anything they need are in for a shock when they roll on a f2p account and have to do everything for themselves. Most people aren't that patient.

So I havent done many BG's this weekend, but 100% of them have had 4+ 24s. Real ID groups and server premades were common. 24 healers and hunters, oh my!

Is this just me? if not, is it a permanent trend maybe?

pls keep the "pvp hasn't been fun since..." comments to a minimum :)

What do you think?

It's not very fun you play your hunter.

I have a few thoughts on 24's: I think it's kinda weak to mess up trials action since we are responsible for the bracket being active. Conversely, If I was still using my paying account, I would probably twink at this bracket. I mean the point of twinking is having better gear than the average person for a particular bracket.

This thread is not meant to be a QQ-I hate 24's fest. I am asking if you guys have noticed significantly more 24's in the last few days, and if so, do you think it is going to stay that way/ruin our fun? I mean of-course there will always be more 24's than there were before. I guess a good part B of this topic is, how many is too many?
and TY for the responses.

I have a few thoughts on 24's: I think it's kinda weak to mess up trials action since we are responsible for the bracket being active. Conversely, If I was still using my paying account, I would probably twink at this bracket. I mean the point of twinking is having better gear than the average person for a particular bracket.

This thread is not meant to be a QQ-I hate 24's fest. I am asking if you guys have noticed significantly more 24's in the last few days, and if so, do you think it is going to stay that way/ruin our fun? I mean of-course there will always be more 24's than there were before. I guess a good part B of this topic is, how many is too many?
and TY for the responses.

How many is too many you ask? 1 is too many.

verh, I like that you hit your like cap! Being nice to people is great stuff. ^^

I am asking if you guys have noticed significantly more 24's in the last few days, and if so, do you think it is going to stay that way/ruin our fun?

I do think that there have been more 24s lately. Here on TI the '24 bracket' seems to be getting more active, there are new guilds and all. I am crossing my fingers for more of the nice, goal-oriented 24s. I can only hope that they increase competition between 24s in premades instead of queueing premades against PUGs, and then realize that competing with your own level is more fun. :3

Conversely, If I was still using my paying account, I would probably twink at this bracket. I mean the point of twinking is having better gear than the average person for a particular bracket.

I would personally twink at 70, or at 19 for the appeal of gearing fast. For me the point of twinking is having better gear than the average person for a particular bracket, I agree, but with the added criterium of that gear being potentially available to those people. But this is waxing rhetoric, as I won't give a cent to Blizzard. ^^

This thread was supposed to be about whether or not people were noticing an increase in 24s in the bracket, not why people play them or if they should. If you want someone to blame for 24s, you can blame Blizz. They allow it. They buffed hunts in the last two patches, and have had seven years to get this right. They haven't.

It's okay though, pandas will fix everything.

verh, I like that you hit your like cap! Being nice to people is great stuff. ^^

I do think that there have been more 24s lately. Here on TI the '24 bracket' seems to be getting more active, there are new guilds and all. I am crossing my fingers for more of the nice, goal-oriented 24s. I can only hope that they increase competition between 24s in premades instead of queueing premades against PUGs, and then realize that competing with your own level is more fun. :3

Keep in mind that 24s will be twinking on both sides, so theoretically you will be getting more 24s on your side on average as there are on the other side.

This post basically nails it. There will always be players looking for active brackets where they can have the advantage and 20-24 exp-off is definitely that. Anything higher than that and it is P2P vs P2P and everyone has the same access to gear/enchants. There are plenty of players who gear/enchant themselves to the max in leveling brackets as well - where they will generally have an advantage over P2P levelers who don't go all out, but that is constant work upgrading gear and enchanting/gemming it. If anything we should just be glad that it isn't 20-29 like it used to be.

Look at it this way. There is a certain segment of the pvp community, IN ANY GAME, that is interested only on roflstomping weaker players.

You can't do this in WoW at the cap or the twink brackets because there is too much competition at the top level. Historically, these players have been reduced to flattening Crossroads or other lowbie towns in order to grief players and then leaving when an 85 shows up to defend.

Yet now, in the 20-24 bracket, these players have a permanent opportunity to have a 4-level and enchanting advantage over the majority of the pvp'ers they will face. This apparent imbalance will draw bad players like moths to a flame.

Of course there are good 24s out there. But I think we all know enough about human psychology to know that there will be a disproportionate number of weak players rolling 24s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread