Tripping the Rifts

caice

OG
EDIT: CATA PRE EVENT (ELEMENTAL)

hi,

as for all of you achievment hunters, i am currently working on it.

i will update this and hope to get some help.

sorry for this information beeing allience only.

fire:

westfall, spawns directly on the way from the flight master to the tower (you see it when you land)

earth

redridge, land at flight master, get over towards the inn. they will be on the wooden platform that

you can use for fishing.

water

EDIT2: so here we go. Move your arse to dead field in silverpine forest. once there move to the north towards the shore.

there is a hill that you cannot climb right to the north when you are the "outhouse" of the farm thing. Elementals spawn round there.

in the not so packed area where there are only a few bears.

wind

EDIT: darkshore just move aobut half a minute by feet from the flight master towards zag. strand.

elementals spawned after 50 minutes of waiting.

dont waste your time on loch modan, i ran around two hours and didnt see any.

cheers caice

Character link (see feat of strength tab)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=caice

edit3: doesnt show up yet, but should be there soon

Am majorly confused on this thread... what is this about? I'd like to know.

I got 2 for horde easy in Outland

Wind: in Terokkar, at Stonebreaker Hold

Earth in Nagrand, and Naragad

Couldn't find a water or fire in Outland so looking in Kalimdor atm

38, 56 are coordinates in darkshore ... the quest daily is lootable

yeah...it's the 2nd part of the pre-cataclysm event

there is 1 quest you can do associated with it at lvl1 (lvl5 for the rest :( ), the Feat of Strength which requires being at the 4 different kinds of rifts when they close, and then the dailies

Got it last night, found fire in Thrallmar (camped for 45 min) and a water in Northrend in Agmar's hammer.. 2 easy dailies... idk if ill camp every day for those 2 again! >:[

Water is in northrend to the left of Argent Tournament :)

so, for the dailies, is it one per elemental type, so 4 per day, or one per day regardless of elemental type? also, i'll put coords of ones i find too. how long do we have for this, anyone got a guess?

*edit*missed above post about "two dailies easy", so yea nvmind about that. Could we try to string together a path to get 4 each day?

I got 2 dailies (1 from outland and 1 in northrend) I think you can get 4.. if you get 2 rifts in low zones like barrens.. then winterspring. I have no idea! I don't think it's worth the time tbh : \

you can get 3

1 mysterious object per expansion zone ... not supposed to work that way, but it does ... so suck em up while you can!

edit: cause i was wrong

I earned the FOS and i think it's worth it i like the purple color of it :]... It took around 2 hours. The elementals seem to spawn close to the top of the hour. You can easily get 2 buffs each hour without killing your self. I even had time to kill a flagged level 9 Undead a few times :]

I got the FoS yesterday as well - after a bit of running around (and browsing forums), this is what I found to work the best:

1) Fire elementals:

Fly to Sentinel Hill in Westfall - the rift spawn right next to the FP (as mentioned in this thread as well). Usually other people are there helping killing the elementals and/or the NPCs will help.

2) Earth elementals:

Fly to Redridge and camp the wooden (fishing) platform right outside the in. THe big plus here is that the guards will help kill the elementals. Give them a second to get aggro - then help stab them down.

3) Water elementals:

Go to Menthil Harbor - camp a little to the left side of the main entrance to the town (that is left facing out of town) - and the guards will help kill them. Be carefull not to take too much AoE damage (really easy - just remember to bandage once in a while).

4) Wind elementals:

This is the fun one =)

Camp out in the Allerian Stronghold (Terrokar Forest) - the rift will spawn in the center of the town. Keep a bit of distance to the elementals since they are high level here and does a 400+ dmg chain lighting attack. Relax and sit back and enjoy the show as the inhabitants of the town PWN the poor elementals - in a short while entire groups of vendors/soliders/townspeople will run around and mob the floor with the elementals. We're seriously talking 1-2-3 SLAM SLAM pwn'ed. I put on a bit of stamina gear and only used ranged attacks. However, I'm pretty certain that you don't have to do any actual killing.

On a related note - I did try the Darkshore location a few time (Thanks for the coordinates Chubs - it's right next to the fisherman on the shore, btw) - however, the place was deserted and while I can solo the elementals one by one (with Hallow's End buffs) - I repeatedly didn't manage to complete it before the rift despawned and/or all normal mobs in the area respawn (and join in on the fight).

FURTHERMORE: I've had no problem picking up the quest from the wreckage in any of the four places - so I did 4 daily quests on them yesterday. It appears you can do any number of turn ins currently?

Cheers

-Gæve

Ps: A good list of alternative locations are found here:

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Elemental Rifts by Zone

I have no idea why noone else noticed, if you pick the dailies up in a higher level area, they award more gold. Now this isn't getting you anywhere near 10K gold, but it's at least a bit of a boost, right?

I was at the allerian stronghold and after the fighting was over i still saw nothing to loot.

if the rift isn't depleted then they will despawn after 10 min not leaving anything

Users who are viewing this thread