transmorg questions

solvogero

Legend
these are probably obvious, but i'm still wondering and can't seem to find them:

1. if you transmorg a piece of armor...and discard that piece you used for the model, does the transmorg remain? (as in, do you need to have the model-item in your inventory at all times)

2. if you transmorg your hat into engineering goggles, and then drop engineering, does the transmorg remain? (notes say you need to be able to use the item to transmorg...but doesn't say you need to continue to be able to use the item).

thanks.

1) Pretty sure you don't need to have it in your Inventory/Bank etc. and certainly not in your Bags;

2) As far as I know the system only checks things at the time of transmog, not afterwards, otherwise the whole 'Tier-as-BoA' thing wouldn't have been possible in the first place.

1. Just sell the item you used for transmogging and see it urself. Just buyback if it doesn't work. But I think Tinkerton is right.

2. Yes it remains, I have tested it on the ptr.

It does remain. Just like when you make your goggles and drop engineering >.< (done it)

The goggles stayed equipped.

There's a difference between dropping a profession so you no longer meet the requirements of an item and dumping an item that had been used to TM an existing item. You can, for example, TM your LFH to look like goggles, dump engineering, and still use the LFH and have them look like goggles.

There's a difference between dropping a profession so you no longer meet the requirements of an item and dumping an item that had been used to TM an existing item. You can, for example, TM your LFH to look like goggles, dump engineering, and still use the LFH and have them look like goggles.

I'm saying the same thing, that once you have something equipped or TM'd it will stay that way regardless of you dropping the prof
<

What did you mean by "you don't get the benefit" then? Not that it matters, just curious. I read it as you kept the goggles equipped, but no longer got any stats from them.

What did you mean by "you don't get the benefit" then? Not that it matters, just curious. I read it as you kept the goggles equipped, but no longer got any stats from them.

He's talking about the actual goggles. Not the transmog. He went off topic.

Yeah the "Goggles stayed equipped" Part was all I needed idk why I put the rest
<
Fixed

Users who are viewing this thread