EU+US Top tink Series 2015: Druid

Top Druid?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dorigon

Alpha and Omega
I've told people all along that druid will have 10 candidates like any other class, but in the end, it just didn't feel right. Even 12 feels low given the popularity of the class, but it's necessary to have a cutoff somewhere. This is the final class poll. I will set it for 2 days. When it is closed, we will have a "wild card" poll. That means the #2 finisher from each poll will compete in a poll to be added to the finals. The finals will be the 10 #1 finishers plus the wild card entry, for a total of 11. If someone wins a poll and also wins the wild card, that is an issue I'll work out when the time comes. So please don't wait on this poll, get your votes in, come on let's do it!

Bacconn
A Team balance druid of Gilneas Skydiving Club, Bacconn now has a chance to redeem himself after having a mediocre result in the warlock poll. He's possibly in luck, however, since druid is the class that he mainly plays. Bacconn has the distinction of playing balance druids on both factions, so he has a certain amount of well-roundedness that is not seen in some of the other candidates in this poll, and which can set him apart.

Darkchewie
FC of Skill Ratio, Darkchewie has been around the block. Originally Painaid's apprentice, he came into his own in the 2014 Twink Cup, never giving up a cap on the way to a victory/tie in the finals. Darkchewie is sometimes seen as a champion of the common orc, since he often solo queues into pug games and attempts to carry utterly outgunned horde teams to surprising victories. This isn't always the case, but he gets points for trying.

Feralordx
I didn't want to include this guy, but some random person in WSG convinced me to. Feralordx has an amusing presence and sig on TwinkInfo, so his name recognition is definitely existent. He also bears the distinction of being the only feral druid to make this poll. I know that the community doesn't bear so much love for the feral druids (get it? bear), but we can all respect a guy who isn't afraid to go against the grain sometimes.

Harvestlord(Hunnybuns)
GM and FC of Harvest, and following a solid second place finish in the mage poll, HB now returns for a chance at greater glory in the druid poll. Known for his play of multiple classes as well as his website and podcast, HB has gained some admiration among the masses over these previous few years. We will see how he fares in this poll, but with a spot in the wild card poll locked up, the future already looks bright.

Muskie
GM and FC of Made in Stormstrike, Muskie seeks to buck the trend of most Arthas twinks not doing so well in these polls. It is a safe assumption that most twinks vote for people who they know, probably people on their own server. The twinks on Arthas have made a great community, but Bleeding Hollow is still really the hub. This results in an uphill battle for any twink from another server who wishes to win these polls. However, Muskie is not one to shy away from such challenges.

Naturexo(Nature)
Known more for superb play in arena than in the gulch (not that he isn't skillful there too), Nature has been called the top arena boomkin in the bracket. I'm no expert on arena play in 19s, but people tell me that boomkins have a more difficult time in that playstyle because their burst is more difficult to line up, in addition to some other reasons. Nature got inclusion in this poll because it must take a player with a unique skillset to thrive in that environment on a balance druid.

Srgntpizza(Pizza)

GM and A Team balance druid of Skill Ratio, Pizza has successfully followed up a successful WoW career on 19 hunter with a WoW career on 19 druid. Past participant in endless premades and the 2014 Twink Cup, Pizza very often FC's in pug matches on his balance druid, giving him a variety of experience that may come in handy in the future. While now more loved by the community than before, Pizza is still a controversial individual, which may help or hurt him.

Puemkeepstoh
FC of Waka Flocka Seagulls, there are a few good things I can think of about this guy. First, his name is nifty, as it is a phrase spelled backwards. Second, he seems to be pretty active in the gulch. Third, he gets salty on TwinkInfo, but not to the point of getting needlessly angry. These are all pretty important attributes that can set someone apart when facing such stiff competition as what is seen in this druid poll.

Sorryboutit(Kunz)
A Team balance druid of Harvest, Kunz has been playing in the bracket for a long time. I know he was active throughout BC and maybe Wrath, but since Cata, he has focused his efforts mostly on tRain cOw and some HB-led type guilds. Always regarded as a top-notch player regardless of what class he chooses to play, Kunz.

Sudowoodoxd
GM and FC of Jesus Christ Marie, Sudo now gets another chance at Top Twink glory after a lackluster performance in one of the other polls. I anticipate that he will do better for a few reasons. First, I don't think any other Jesus Christ Marie druids are in this poll. Second, druid is his bread and butter. Third, he has been seen in the gulch a lot these last few weeks, and has probably gained some name recognition during that time. We'll see if these predictions come true.

Tooleet(Daedricdeath)
Back during Cata, Tooleet also played as balance druid. In those days, he was known more for healing on his balance druid than for DPSing on it. Man, the times have really changed. Tooleet is now a beast in the gulch, spreading some insane damage while a couple of arms warrior and bm monk goons control the other team in front of him. In lopsided games against Tooleet, the alliance always seems to cap so slowly. I don't know if it's a coincidence or if Tooleet just inspires his teammates to be especially ruthless.

Undercover(Unpluggd)
GM and FC of Gilneas Skydiving Club, this guy is actually seen on his priest much more often than his druid lately. I can think of only one thing to hold against Undercover. He is the leader of GSC, so he should lead by example with the Un- gimmick. However, Undercover doesn't truly follow that rule. Sure it begins with Un-, but this specific case doesn't follow the intent. Otherwise, solid druid and FC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feralordx deserves to be in this poll.

Voted HB

1. HB
2. Pizza
3. Kunz

boycotting this poll since no idiott

Kunz is probably the scariest boomkin to play against in mid-fights. Does a great job of syncing his burst with other classes and always times his combo bites + wild charges excellently. Pizza is good too, but his strength lies within his leadership abilities, not in his ability to play boomkin.

boycotting this poll since no idiott

He has been MIA recently so that is probably why he wasn't in there. Probably best arena druid in the bracket.

As for Idiote, I didn't include him because he disappeared recently. Oh well.

id rather eat pizza then eat a bun covered in honey so...

id rather eat pizza then eat a bun covered in honey so...
But Srgnt is a suspicious topping, what is that, not sure if edible. Better eat bacon.

To be completely honest this poll comes down to HB vs pizza which I think is unfair (especially to kunz who should not get overshadowed because he's probably top boomkin and fighter) because they are both incredible leaders with their own strengths and weakness (pizza and hb), and its pretty much impossible to say who is the better player overall, let alone druid. Even reputation wise.

tldr - You can't compare players like these two fairly.

In a fair world this would end in a draw between all three players I mentioned.

None the less - suspenseful poll.

Last edited:
TOUGH FUCKING POLL MATES. There are so many damn good names. I've seen Chewie, Sub, and HB all do incredible things on their FCs. Kunz and Pizza are lethal in the midfield. Bloody hell. I'm gonna have to sleep on this one boys.

Users who are viewing this thread