took two months, got two lvl-10 DHs out of starter zone

using the gear update

killed crithto to get gold to turn off XP on alliance DH

horde i will have to use DMF intro quest tomorrow that gives 5 tickets, exchange those for darkmoon boxes (2g 50s vend price) and turn off XP.

cool thing on the DHs they have 100% mount speed at 10, and have four 22 slot bags along with head to toe ilvl-26 gear

working on getting to mechagon

using the gear update

killed crithto to get gold to turn off XP on alliance DH

horde i will have to use DMF intro quest tomorrow that gives 5 tickets, exchange those for darkmoon boxes (2g 50s vend price) and turn off XP.

cool thing on the DHs they have 100% mount speed at 10, and have four 22 slot bags along with head to toe ilvl-26 gear

working on getting to mechagon
At the dh starting zone the trash items sell for a lot of gold. I managed to get 50g+ for my chars that way. Haven't got them out yet.

I also got a 10dh out. Been a fun little side project. What are your thoughts on 10v11 11 has an extra AOE it seems but on a long CD

What’s in mechagon btw, that a DH would be interested in?

- did not farm DH starter for G as i did not want to level past 10, making gold there was not my intention

- once i hit 10 i logged out and waited for 2 months inactivity to get the GEAR UPDATE option, when activating ports you to SW/ORG with full ilvl-26 gear

- mechagon, huge gold trash item from rares and opening chests on my first DH got me the gold to unlock all bank slots and reagent slot, along with
seven 14 slot bags. your first time there you get the volatile blaster weapon from a quest. this changes daily after. to get the the volatile blaster daily
after that, build or find a broken armory platform already built the blaster will be on the wall, do not bother with the flame option. the anti-g
feature lets you fly

- gold capping is fast every 2-3 days, for me using also my 20s, i ungraded all my weapons BOAs with the 750g option, all my armor with the 500g and then 1000g upgrades.
earned well over 80K+ in mechagon. other then one cloth set and one weapon, i never upgraded any of my BOAs. on a 10 i do not bother with alot of the dailies since they only give 10s

- there are alot of items now i stack in bank from mechagon, should i ever get free play days or use a token.

- there is a item i lost which is in the mail. it's a blue item like the alch flask that gives a +agility buff i had in my previous bags that were cleared on the gear update.

Last edited:
- did not farm DH starter for G as i did not want to level past 10, making gold there was not my intention

- once i hit 10 i logged out and waited for 2 months inactivity to get the GEAR UPDATE option, when activating ports you to SW/ORG with full ilvl-26 gear

- mechagon, huge gold trash item from rares and opening chests on my first DH got me the gold to unlock all bank slots and reagent slot, along with
seven 14 slot bags. your first time there you get the volatile blaster weapon from a quest. this changes daily after. to get the the volatile blaster daily
after that, build or find a broken armory platform already built the blaster will be on the wall, do not bother with the flame option. the anti-g
feature lets you fly

- gold capping is fast every 2-3 days, for me using also my 20s, i ungraded all my weapons BOAs with the 750g option, all my armor with the 500g and then 1000g upgrades.
earned well over 80K+ in mechagon. other then one cloth set and one weapon, i never upgraded any of my BOAs. on a 10 i do not bother with alot of the dailies since they only give 10s

- there are alot of items now i stack in bank from mechagon, should i ever get free play days or use a token.

- there is a item i lost which is in the mail. it's a blue item like the alch flask that gives a +agility buff i had in my previous bags that were cleared on the gear update.
This was some time ago but did you do this with a starter account? It seems like you did since you are talking about gold here but I never managed to get the option to gear update on any of my lvl 11 DHs. Haven't logged on them for months and still nothing. Same goes for all other chars on my starter account, they do not have the option to gear update.

I would also like to know because I have a DK, DH and Evoker sitting there in hopes they will get the "gear update".

I'm character capped so it would be nice to know if this method is busted; I'd rather use my character slots for something useful.

i did my two DHs on a vet acct because i wanted to be able to enchant them if free time was given. alot of key enchants are WOTLK from DEing vendor gear which certain classes cannot buy

i think the only chance to get a evoker 10 was on MOP remix and wait till the end hoping blizzard did not put you in the starting area

not sure if a 10 EV or DK would be ported out of their starter area on a gear update

i did my two DHs on a vet acct because i wanted to be able to enchant them if free time was given. alot of key enchants are WOTLK from DEing vendor gear which certain classes cannot buy

i think the only chance to get a evoker 10 was on MOP remix and wait till the end hoping blizzard did not put you in the starting area

not sure if a 10 EV or DK would be ported out of their starter area on a gear update
Yes they did. I got a lvl 10 and 11 evoker out of Remix with decent green gear.

Users who are viewing this thread