tol barad and wintergrasp achievements

chíll

Legend
okay, so i got a couple of questions, i haven't investigated them myself, and i know this should probably have gone in the "achievements" thread, but its also alot about game mechanics and stuff.. so, here goes:

Tower Plower - Achievement - World of Warcraft

Tol Barad All-Star - Achievement - World of Warcraft

and basically all the ones about destroying X amount of towers in both wintergrasp and tol barad. i know it is impossible for us to compete in either battle (any more), but i stumbled upon this:

Global Thermal Sapper Charge - Item - World of Warcraft

now my theory is: i have checked all the achievements, nowhere does it state that you have to destroy the tower IN a battle, it just says destroy a tower. now i know these bomb thingys does little to no damage to the towers, but with enough time (and money), wouldn't it technically be possible to take down any remaining towers after the battle, and still get the achi? have anybody tried and failed? or do anybody wanna give it a try?

and the ranger one, well, does it work like the wintergrasp ranger?

edit: i know that you technically can't use the bombs yourself, but hell, i have those achievements on my main, and i haven't touched a tower in my life. its always been shared group wise. maybe if you got a level 85 to pop the bombs for you?

I was reading Wowhead comment and there was a comment stating global thermal sapper charge didn't do damage to tower anymore. Are you sure it does?

on a related note, does the cheater method of running across the bridge at exactly the right time still work for getting TB wins? i would love to do this on my twinks to get commendations if so

Don't you have to be Friendly + to use the Tol Barad rep commendations?

But basically, can you get to Tol'Barad Peninsula with a char under lvl 85 ? ^_^

you CAN get there before level 85. i have done this. also, saronite bombs still does siege damage, at any rate, if the sapper charges are GF'ed.. i am going to test this out later today, will keep you updated.

tested it, did not work.... :(((

yes, you have to be friendly+ to use commendations, but in the patch there are going to be boa TB rep tokens :)

Users who are viewing this thread