EU+US “To Do Before Shadowlands” Checklist?

Henry

Veteran
Being new to twinking, this is my first go-around at transitioning through a new, upcoming xpac.

Having read through other threads and armories here it’s apparent that with the level squish, things are going to get funky and lots of today’s gear could, technically, become grandfathered and unobtainable in the future (quest/bg upgrades and who knows what else).

Has anybody thought through a checklist of “these are the things I need to get done before SL so that I’m not potentially kicking myself later on?”

Here’s what I have so far:
- Complete all quest zones and dungeon quests for a shot at epic upgrades
- Stockpile gear like dungeon drops, slither-scale pieces, engineering goggles, BoE shoulders and legs, and proactively put on a whole bunch of different enchants, in case they end up scaling differently in SL or for whatever reason become grandfathered
- Run as many BGs as possible between now and then for a shot at blue adaptable BG pieces

What else?

- Complete all quest zones and dungeon quests for a shot at epic upgrades

wait could you elaborate on this more? Are upgrades not happening in shadowlands? Also are the quests going to all be reset or something? What if they’re better to complete post-patch due to scaling if they aren’t repeatable?

I theorize that epics and BG rares should be top priority. Then, do literally everything else you can, too much shit to list.

wait could you elaborate on this more? Are upgrades not happening in shadowlands? Also are the quests going to all be reset or something? What if they’re better to complete post-patch due to scaling if they aren’t repeatable?
They've said theyre abandoning the titan/warforge mechanic, which could potentially mean quest and BOE rares drops could be affected. I havent kept up real hardcore with the alpha streamers, but i think someones mentioned that quest items havent been upgrading?

The problem here is we wont know more definitive info until beta and character copy. But there's a possibility that yes, epic quest rewards will no longer be a thing. But I suppose its possible that they will still exist. So then your future proofing gamble becomes "will the gear be GFd? Will current ilvls be GFd? Or will new ilvls be bis?"

You can do a little rummaging about in Wowheads beta site and find some of this stuff. Soothsayers vest, for instance, will be GFd as the quest is gonna require level 15. Sparkproof Gloves quest is level 20. Will these items be BIS? No idea. But they'll be unavailable all the same.

Having been through the Cataclysm redesign and seeing more incremental changes made over the years, it is *far* more likely that your existing gear will become grandfathered and good, rather than any changes being made to it and it being better to have waited. Get it now.

But looking at the shit thats gonna be available to us, my bet is that socketed gear becomes the meta. So it probably doesnt matter.

They've said theyre abandoning the titan/warforge mechanic, which could potentially mean quest and BOE rares drops could be affected. I havent kept up real hardcore with the alpha streamers, but i think someones mentioned that quest items havent been upgrading?

The problem here is we wont know more definitive info until beta and character copy. But there's a possibility that yes, epic quest rewards will no longer be a thing. But I suppose its possible that they will still exist. So then your future proofing gamble becomes "will the gear be GFd? Will current ilvls be GFd? Or will new ilvls be bis?"

You can do a little rummaging about in Wowheads beta site and find some of this stuff. Soothsayers vest, for instance, will be GFd as the quest is gonna require level 15. Sparkproof Gloves quest is level 20. Will these items be BIS? No idea. But they'll be unavailable all the same.

Having been through the Cataclysm redesign and seeing more incremental changes made over the years, it is *far* more likely that your existing gear will become grandfathered and good, rather than any changes being made to it and it being better to have waited. Get it now.

But looking at the shit thats gonna be available to us, my bet is that socketed gear becomes the meta. So it probably doesnt matter.

then I’d wait for prepatch ptr to test before doing quests

I mean, I would check your quests now and see what gear will straight up be GFd like aforementioned soothsayers, sparkproof, all of stonetalon, etc. Some zones vets/f2p can currently do will no longer be available to us.

I know I’m saying I’ll test and see if things like that become gfd or upgrades gfd in prepatch ptr. If so, I’ll grind my ass off. But for the most part I’ll probably not worry too much considering I mostly focus on my 119s.

Stick to your wannabe edgy Scrim pics lul
3ec60m.png

Users who are viewing this thread