Time to start farming Foreman's Gloves?

all classes....come MOP guess blizz wants to equal the playing field and force some expertise on casters/hunters

not sure if expertise is gonna cause parry and dodge of spell attacks...in a sense another form of a miss.

hit attacks as it is now for melee classes can be negated thru dodge/parries. spell casters/hunters get a free ride providing they have required hit

btw 5+ years ago dodge used to affect spells in that they could be dodged and miss, that was nerfed on melee classes and a buff for casters because in PVP blizzard made spells 100% hit until in WOTLK when hit was required in PVP.

MoP Stat Changes: Hunters Use Expertise | Warcraft Hunters Union

Last edited by a moderator:
Not enough expertise available in this bracket to make it worth investing in IMO. You'll lose 14 atp against a 1%> Chance not to be dodged or parried as a hunter/rogue/shaman if you use foreman's. Unless they added more expertise gear at our level which I doubt.

Parry and dodge at this level is huge. It's especially annoying when it's the difference between killing or being killed. What you're trading will be 70 HP and 2 agi, (4 AP and some crit/dodge) for a reduced chance of your attacks missing.

I say farm them up, test them out, and see what suits your play style. For strength classes, it's a little more difficult to justify the loss of 50 HP (+15% for prot) 16 AP and some parry for a little crit and reduced chance to miss.

Parry and dodge at this level is huge. It's especially annoying when it's the difference between killing or being killed. What you're trading will be 70 HP and 2 agi, (4 AP and some crit/dodge) for a reduced chance of your attacks missing.

I say farm them up, test them out, and see what suits your play style. For strength classes, it's a little more difficult to justify the loss of 50 HP (+15% for prot) 16 AP and some parry for a little crit and reduced chance to miss.

^ This so much. Just theory craft it out, and do what particular playstyle calls for! For instance, I will probably use Foreman's in arena's but the gloves that give me more damage in battlegrounds, where a death is not quite as important.

Though true, I still feel the the expertise won't really be worth it. The parry/dodge chances of twinks at this level are relatively low, making the ~1% pickup from Foreman's Gloves rather worthless (except maybe in extremely niche situations).
its a straight reduction of dodge and parry. the benefit would be the same if your opponent had 80% dodge or 5% dodge. The gloves are a 2.3% reduction to being dodged AND parried...so your hits are landing 4.6% more often (so its much more than a ~1% pickup).

What classes will need the expertise in MoP? Will it be BiS?

IMO, It already is hands-down the best offensive glove out there for rogues and feral druids (and hunters come MoP).

Last edited by a moderator:
For MoP I'd pick them up on a hunter, but currently at this point I cannot justify using them on my horde rogue where horde rogues are already at such a loss of hp. If I were to acquire an AGM I would probably wear them. I would never suggest it for feral druids or warriors. An Argument can be made for rets though I think

You wont feel much of a difference when taking foremans, you'll only feel squishier but i noticed now that is impossible for me to switch back. I really started relying on my white hits to finish somebody off. When i switched back to the other gloves I it felt horrible to see a dodge that would otherwise kill somebody.
Taking foremans will not make your character stronger but it makes things slightly more predictable. I'd say you'd have to try them out and find out for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread