Thoughts on Nightmare Tear

PenguinWarCry

Hello,

I've recently started twinking in the past 2 weeks and am working on picking up WotLK gem recipes atm from the daily vendor.

I came across Nightmare Tear (+3 to all stats).
https://www.wowhead.com/item=49112/design-nightmare-tear#comments

As I've been looking through the armory posts to see what people are building I haven't seen this gem being used. While you can only have 1 across your gear, am I missing something about this not being used more or is it just that you have to have WotLK JC at 75 as it is BOP?

If I am going to keep JC on this particular twink is it a good gem to use?
Demon Hunter Vengeance building to flag carry if that matters

Thanks

am I missing something about this not being used more
it only provides 2/2 stats

So its really only useful if you're like... a pally who is using the same bracers in your holy and ret sets, or a druid using the same cloak for feral or balance (you get the idea). You got one slot that you can use the same piece of gear in. A small convenience but otherwise useless.

it gives +2 main stat and +2 stam. the main stat changes depending on your spec. So its nothing special.

Ah ok so the tool tip is misleading? It doesnt give +2 for ALL of the stats? It just rolls based on your class to give you your main stat. Well that's lame, why does it require a daily token and is BOP then if the vendor sells other gems that do the exact same thing?

It doesnt give +2 for ALL of the stats? It just rolls based on your class to give you your main stat.
it gives +2 to all stats. But all stats are not active on your toon. Only one main stat and stam, and that main stat depends on your current spec.

If you put a nightmare tear on your gear as a balance druid, it will give you int/stam. But if you respec to feral, that same gem will now give you agi/stam.

it gives +2 to all stats. But all stats are not active on your toon. Only one main stat and stam, and that main stat depends on your current spec.

OHHH ok, I was thinking secondarys as well. Ok that makes sense. So this is just a hold over from when you could build up all the main stats.

Users who are viewing this thread