Those damned queues

Bambucea

Almost bought DF to get into end game PvP because of how “fun” those youtubers say Solo Shuffle is. The problem is they rarely mention the 40 to 1h and 40min queues as a DPS.

It made me realise how good we had it some time ago with <10 min queues for bgs and skirmishes for us 20s.

Anyway, this made me curious about the state of the queues rn for twinks (20-29). How are they? Are the games any “healthier”? EU and NA

It's not that bad here in EU.
WoWScrnShot_122822_232649.jpg

Deep abyss of ilvl + add keys between 20 and 29 twinks. Shit balance between specs , like hunts, arcane, rshams etc
Broken gems, like HP regen > than dps of some specs
No one wants to play this.
don’t worry, this is only a 0.367% difference from before the changes guys :Okayge: (ITS JUST A JOKE)

It made me realise how good we had it some time ago with <10 min queues

Yeah my number 1 priority for any kind of twinking is the queue times. So now I just play 79 wotlk classic twinks. Pretty much always <10 min queues (US) and AV even starts popping during prime time. Queues also go down to <1 min on weekends due to the 'call to arms' BG giving bonus exp causing all the pvers queue up.

Reactions: Sil
Almost bought DF to get into end game PvP because of how “fun” those youtubers say Solo Shuffle is. The problem is they rarely mention the 40 to 1h and 40min queues as a DPS.

It made me realise how good we had it some time ago with <10 min queues for bgs and skirmishes for us 20s.

Anyway, this made me curious about the state of the queues rn for twinks (20-29). How are they? Are the games any “healthier”? EU and NA

We had it good. I would rather be playing 20s than endgame DF. 20s was so good for the casual gamer like me. Just pop in and q a few games. No need to deal with borrowed power and regear every season :PepeHands:

Can f2p chars now join the regular bg‘s and epic via que again, or are we still just queing just with the xpoff Twinks?

Deep abyss of ilvl + add keys between 20 and 29 twinks. Shit balance between specs , like hunts, arcane, rshams etc
Broken gems, like HP regen > than dps of some specs
No one wants to play this.

Now imagine paying for this.

It made me realize how good we had it some time ago with <10 min queues for bgs and skirmishes for us 20s.

youtubes PVP matches are usually edited but some do show wait timer, if you watch at random the same youtubers but on twitch you would see their wait times are seriously long. venruki, pikabo, bajheera, xaryu, and more. there have been constant complaints of Q times within days of solo shuffle starting on DF prepatch. been some talk of it on youtube vids, wow forums, mmo-champion forums, etc

youtubes PVP matches are usually edited but some do show wait timer, if you watch at random the same youtubers but on twitch you would see their wait times are seriously long. venruki, pikabo, bajheera, xaryu, and more. there have been constant complaints of Q times within days of solo shuffle starting on DF prepatch. been some talk of it on youtube vids, wow forums, mmo-champion forums, etc
Yep, and the sad thing is, other than implementing some sort of new SS mode with only DPS or just pairing you with healers from all ratings ( let's say you are 2.2k, you can get healers from 0 to max rating), I don't see a fix. There's just not enough healers.

Encouraging players to re-roll or play heal alts is not a good thing either. They are gonna play for the rewards or whatever they get and then leave them to accumulate dust. Less than 5% of DPS players will truly re-roll to a healer because they actually like it.

Also I am not a fan of giving healers special treatment or bonuses/rewards just for ... playing a needed spec. The problem is: Why isn't healing appealing to players or fun or just as easy to climb. Not: Why don't people play healers/Why aren't there more healers.
It wouldn't be fair. The classes are presented as equal in the class selection screen (of course, they have different playstyles and responsibilities in a fight).

Blizz should start figuring this out and (maybe?) update the core gameplay mechanics and how much and what impact a healers has in the game. IMO, atm, healing is boring and you depend too much on how good your DPS is. Nobody wants to not have significantly less impact in a game. I play a lot of DotA (but other MOBAs or even FPS Hero shooters like OW are the same) and the supports (in WoW's case healers) have just as much or even bigger impact in matches. WoW's PvP is just another competitive DPS/Support(heal) based game in which two teams (of 2/3 or 10-15 in the case of BGs) fight for an objective, so why wouldn't it be the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread