This patch sucks for dungeon soloer

On my F2P protadin/retadin (no SL healing gem or any gems beyond +1 str gems, for now, though its ret spec has Rivendare blade passively healing 232 hp per 5 sec, and Crusader enchant), while soloing dungeons in TWW now is harder than in DF, it’s still a bit easier compared to soloing dungeons during SL, imho.

[In DF, gears got buffed while scaled mobs/bosses hp/damage values remained the same as they were during SL. Now in TWW, gear stat budgets are reduced while mobs/bosses got a buff.]

It can solo up to 2 or 3 trash packs at once (4 or more if I use uh-oh CDs, more times than not), unless those trash mobs have kicks or CC abilities.

Last edited:
I also noticed PvE is rather rough around the 20s right now, my 20 hunter can only barely solo a WoD boss.

On the other hand, it seems like higher-leveled twinks such as 50s only became stronger in PvE with the patch, though.

I also noticed PvE is rather rough around the 20s right now, my 20 hunter can only barely solo a WoD boss.

On the other hand, it seems like higher-leveled twinks such as 50s only became stronger in PvE with the patch, though.
the lvl70s with ilvl520 gears cleared all df dungeons pretty fast, seeing quite a few tanks running so far ahead of the whole group and clearing everything by themselves .. the dps and healers were having hard time keeping up with their speed

same here,
pet rarely can hold aggro and 4%leech instead of 10% is really painful
is some chromie time better than other or is it better to stay in current time?

same here,
pet rarely can hold aggro and 4%leech instead of 10% is really painful
is some chromie time better than other or is it better to stay in current time?
I remember when using chromie time would buff dungeon foes when SL was current.

Now, that appears to be reversed, after two quick glances in stockade:

No chromie time (present timeline):
-Rough Trouble mob: 4,486 hp
-Randolph (first boss): 28,187

With chromie time set to TBC:
-Rough Trouble mob: 4,145 hp
-Randolph (first boss): 24,033 hp

The nerf to leech has for sure made soloing much harder, even on a broken class/spec like survival hunter. Was able to farm a few gear pieces with leech in the past few months so I can still solo TBC/WOD and some of WOTLK like the Nexus and Utgrade Keep but I have to eat food after certain mobs, make sure mend pet is always up, take my time with certain pulls, etc. It's no longer a breeze like it was during DF.

After this coming Tuesday it may be considerably worse depending on your class/spec. :(

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24124914/1102-updates

That Soul Cleave nerf is a big oof.

• Vengeance
    • All ability damage increased by 15%.
    • Thick Skin increases Stamina by 60% (was 65%).
    • Demonic Wards reduces physical and magic damage taken by 8% (was 10%).
    • Soul Cleave healing reduced by 20%.
    • Frailty heals for 8% of damage done (was 10%).
    • Void Reaver reduces damage you take from targets afflicted by Frailty by 3% (was 4%).
    • Illuminated Sigils grants 12% Parry chance (was 15%).
    • Down in Flames reduces Fiery Brand cooldown by 12 seconds (was 15 seconds).
    • Metamorphosis increases maximum health by 40% (was 50%).
    • Darkglare Boon now refreshes 15-30% of Fel Devastation's cooldown (was 20-40%) and refunds 15-30 Fury (was 20-40).

After this coming Tuesday it may be considerably worse depending on your class/spec. :(

• Vengeance
    • Void Reaver reduces damage you take from targets afflicted by Frailty by 3% (was 4%).
    • Darkglare Boon now refreshes 15-30% of Fel Devastation's cooldown (was 20-40%) and refunds 15-30 Fury (was 20-40).
Wow, the nerf bat swung hard vs BM Huntards COPIUM

• Vengeance

Destruction
Chaos Bolt damage increased by 40%.

Oh no

• Vengeance
looks like my DH is going gulag, the only advantage it had over my pally is he can proc ooze :SadgeW:

on a side note my priest has felt almost no difference in soloing ability lol i absolutely cruise through dungeons still 0 mercy.

Def feels REALLY awful on classes that cannot sustain too well.

Especially my mage, if ooze doesn't proc, I'm dead, I can no longer burst them down fast enough after Alter Time full heals.

Warrior still smokes everything :D

same with flanking strike lol
  • Flanking Strike damage reduced by 40%.
  • Flanking Strike damage increased by 10%.
hm??
Balancing team lad A: "I bet you a vegan burger you won't dare to nerf SV."
Balancing team lad B:"Fuck it, let's destroy 'em. Actually, know what? I'll fucking do it again."

Users who are viewing this thread