THIS..ISS... the leveling bracket.

Mistgard

Legend
http://i50.tinypic.com/c81u8.jpg

Looks like I'll have to do something similar in order to compete(so no, I didn't actually send that report). Funny thing is that ruski spent like a good couple of minutes there after game despite all people leaving, persumably to stare at the scores table. I'd really hate to level another toon, but I guess I got no other choise.

And oh, in case anyone here knows Ruski, please give me his armory link. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
ya, that dude is all out PVE, but it seems that he leveled to 84 pretty fast, because his armory still shows 80.

Stupidmonkey @ Aggra (Português) - Community - World of Warcraft

The shaman is still 80 as you can see from my screenshot picture. Anyway, it's just so funny how a 84 fully twinked pala can streamroll the whole BG so easily. I guess I need to roll a pala now.

Also, 80 have no chance against 84 due to the retarted hit caps. 15% hit is easily achieveable for 83's, but after that you just need so much hit it's not even funny. That's also one of the reasons for reroll, as I'd prefer to keep this account WotLK-only upgraded.

The shaman is still 80 as you can see from my screenshot picture. Anyway, it's just so funny how a 84 fully twinked pala can streamroll the whole BG so easily. I guess I need to roll a pala now.

Also, 80 have no chance against 84 due to the retarted hit caps. 15% hit is easily achieveable for 83's, but after that you just need so much hit it's not even funny. That's also one of the reasons for reroll, as I'd prefer to keep this account WotLK-only upgraded.

did you even look at my thread?

spec holy, gear like i suggested, profit.

did you even look at my thread?

spec holy, gear like i suggested, profit.

Im not a pala. Also, why would you heal some 20k dudes instead of going 155k hp and insane DPS.

And, if someone has that ruski dudes armory link I'd still love to take a look!

oh, i see. you are a mage.

you have 1.15% resil from gears. yes, you will have a bad time in BG's.

aim for something like 35~38% resil.

dat trinkets?

humans should wear both mop trinkets, 40% base resilience + 10-20 % from gear is enough if u play fire / frost and if ur not an extreme retard

it's very easy to nitpick.

everyone has different style so you should feel free to use different trinket/weapon enchant/meta gem/profession etc.

but the real difference is: i spent my own time to build a template that is helpful, something the OP can expand on, yet you are just being a pathetic troll.

See here's the thing. You're advocating tons of EH for everyone. Like...everyone. Sure that's fine, but isn't encouraging damage reduction doing either one of the following:

1. Forcing people to leave the bracket because you can never kill anything (similar to 70s, except we can't get nearly as much PvP power)
2. Forcing people to go extremely glass-cannon as dps classes just to kill anything (full cds on a fire mage just to burn someone down in a 5sec stun)

Sure resilience is OP, and if we can get 81-84 level chars in arena/locked exp bgs it'll surely happen, but why encourage this type of extremely defensive PvP? I'm actually agreeing with Awesomeyo, just because defensive PvP is somewhat boring.

See here's the thing. You're advocating tons of EH for everyone. Like...everyone. Sure that's fine, but isn't encouraging damage reduction doing either one of the following:

1. Forcing people to leave the bracket because you can never kill anything (similar to 70s, except we can't get nearly as much PvP power)
2. Forcing people to go extremely glass-cannon as dps classes just to kill anything (full cds on a fire mage just to burn someone down in a 5sec stun)

Sure resilience is OP, and if we can get 81-84 level chars in arena/locked exp bgs it'll surely happen, but why encourage this type of extremely defensive PvP? I'm actually agreeing with Awesomeyo, just because defensive PvP is somewhat boring.

optimization doesn't equal fun most of the time.

for example, if you want to be a really good chess player, you need to study chess 8 hours a day like a full time job, which is what all the best chess players in the world do.

i don't care if the resilience approach is "boring" or "OP". when i build a twink, i want it to be the best, that's all.

i mean, i don't see you whine about how being avoidance-capped is "boring".

so basically, you want your own twink to gear to be the best yet you want everyone else to gear towards fun.

double standard?

I don't play avoidance capped. I have a set for lulz, but I never use it so that's hardly a good rhetoric.

And you didn't read my post, you're talking about optimising resilience and effective health, not damage. You're only going for what you've done in the past (your druid is a fine example of that), and healing gets buffed by resilience, whilst dps gets nerfed by it. Ergo; optimising for extremely defensive play, and not what everyone would call fun.

what's wrong with extremely defensive play? i personally like it very much.

i mean, you are of course allowed to think it's unfun, i am not here to tell you what to think.

but you are obviously trying to force your opinions upon me.

i don't care if the resilience approach is "boring" or "OP". when i build a twink, i want it to be the best, that's all.

what's wrong with extremely defensive play? i personally like it very much.
i personally like it very much.
personally

See there's the problem. You're doing exactly what you're telling me not to, which is forcing what in your opinion is the best style of play. Backing it up with math is just like showing your working. It helps, but it doesn't actually make your opinion any more correct. You are managing to fill the forums with lots of that at least.

hey, at least i back up my personal opinions with math. instead of just "pointing fingers" at other peoples hard labour. ;)

it's very easy to nitpick.

everyone has different style so you should feel free to use different trinket/weapon enchant/meta gem/profession etc.

but the real difference is: i spent my own time to build a template that is helpful, something the OP can expand on, yet you are just being a pathetic troll.

Well, I didn't really come here for advice for my class. I was thinking what class could be better, if any, than a ret paladin steamrolling people in the levellers bracket, as im going to reroll for now, so that I am able to compete.

sorry but all this theory-crafting whooha is all good in pve, but when it comes to pvp no just no you CANNOT theory-craft how a person plays, so glancealot stop spraffing and filling the forum with shit upon shit and actually get the items and TEST THEM IN A SITUATIONAL PVP ENVIROMENT ok?

clearly you cannot theory-craft PvP completely. but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that resil is king now with the introduction of

a, 40% base resil.
b, 409 items.

every scenario in pvp is situational. you need some guys that can be defensive and some guys that can actually put out some damage. Just alter your stuff to saying BIS defensive healer or something and then its all sorted ;)

Users who are viewing this thread