This is how 'war mode' works

moyo

Veteran
3-minute video explains how it works on beta:

I'm curious how much gearing potential there will be for all brackets seeing how they're applying scaling more and more. Would be cool if there were pvp vendors that sold gear scaled to your level with set bonuses and stuff.

I'm curious how much gearing potential there will be for all brackets seeing how they're applying scaling more and more. Would be cool if there were pvp vendors that sold gear scaled to your level with set bonuses and stuff.

I believe another video I posted about 111's looking like they may be viable for twinking, also mentioned how war mode players earn conquest points. It seems that you get 5 conquest points for every enemy player you kill (assuming, of course, that player is high enough to award some equivalent of 'honor' vs just ganking lowbies). If you happen to kill 10 players in a row, you become a 'faction assassin', which gives you something like 15% damage buff. Now, if you happen to kill a player who's earned this 'faction assassin' status, you get 25 conq points instead of just 5.

Given this currency, I imagine we'll be seeing conquest point vendors. And, given that the conquest points are earned from pvp, I also imagine those vendors will be selling gear that's pvp oriented. Whether that gear includes set bonuses, or whether it scales with our level, remains to be seen.

But yeah, I'm curious, too!

The level requirements for the PvP talents are lvl 20 for the trinket slot, 40, 70, 100. I plan on making a 49 twink when bfa pre-patch drops :) the idea of having a max level ability at low levels is super exciting and I can't wait to see what people do with them.

I'm guessing they might restrict it to people who only have BFA. Might not be accessible to people who haven't upgraded to the new xpac.

Users who are viewing this thread