EU+US Things to do before subscription runs out

I'm curious what people's findings are post patch 7.1.5 in regards to all the stuff mentioned above.

The Situation:
My character has the following skills:
Herbalism 225/225
Engineering 225/225
Archeology 225/225
Fishing 300/300
Cooking 450/450
First Aid 225/225

The Engineering I took to 225 for obvious reason, loaded up on those tasty Engineer items, and its only purpose is to be able to equip said tasty items, not planning to make anything once the Sub time runs out.

Question 1: So if Herbalism is capped at 225 while I still have game time, it will still effectively only gather at 60-70 skill level's proficiency once my account reverts to F2P Veteran status? (My plan was to keep 225 Herbalism and start hoarding Herbs to fill up my Reagent Bank Box, at which point I would swap to alchemy and have surplus of materials for potions)

Question 2: I have been playing around with Archeology based off the memory that you could get access to Fossil Fragments as a F2P Player. Has that been changed in a recent patch? I've been running around Hillsbrad and finding nothing but Dwarf Fragments.

Thanks in Advance.
Question 1 : As far as I am aware this is correct. You will still gather as if you had 60 - 70 Herbalism. I haven't confirmed after patch 7.1.5 but it's been this way for so long it's unlikely Blizz will fix it. Also, when you switch to Alchemy, you won't have access to potions after about 80. Refer snip below (Cooking & First Aid is also bugged to about 70, however Fishing seems to function as per your level) :-
upload_2017-1-11_14-43-21.png

Question 2 : I don't have the answer to the question you are asking but you won't have to worry about Archaeology once your sub ends as last time I tried it was bugged for Vet F2P's. You can survey and dig up a fragment but you cannot pick it up. Can't see Blizz ever wanting to fix this for Vet's :(

Thanks for the info, Ice.

I guess all that work I put into 225ing all those skills only reaps benefits while I have gametime.

Next toons will most likely skip everything except fishing and engineering.
Even though the prof's are bugged for Vets, I still like to take Alchemy. You can make Speed Pots which still work in bg's and also Agility / Fortitude which you can't use in bg's but can be used elsewhere. But for me it's mainly for the speed pots, especially that they've taken Cheetah away from Hunters :eek:

You can't get the better pots, but some of the lesser pots still help when soloing dungeons or exploring higher level zones and stuff like that.

Users who are viewing this thread