Theorycrafting: Shaman optional stats

It just depends on how many greens you have with slots. If you have all Savant with slots, there is no way I would waste one gear slot on BC gem gear... the secondary stats are random/bad.

The secondary stats are fine for anyone not intending to stack mastery o.0

The secondary stats are fine for anyone not intending to stack mastery o.0

Edit: I typed a bunch of stuff that will just lead to butt hurt, i deleted it.

Last edited:
Edit: I typed a bunch of stuff that will just lead to butt hurt, i deleted it.

:( just use lube

Edit: Your shaman testing has been extremely helpful, I just think you're a bit mastery biased, which I agree with to an extent for ele. I just wouldn't go full savant with dr when you can pump higher lava bursts and still make half or more proc. Just my take

If I was going to make a resto as fast as possible, having no other gear and I was not F2P (I don't know those restrictions). If I just wanted to get shit done:

Head: Engergized RetnalArmor (+Haste // + Haste // + Cast speed) [sub Mok Nathal Mask if you are super fucking lazy with 3x+2 int +2stam gems]

Neck: Talisman of the Breaker + Mark of the Hidden Satyr [EDIT]

Shoulder: Pauldrons of Desolation (2x +2int +2stam) - cheat chant if you want

Cape: i28 Green +Haste +Mastery (+2int +2stam) + Speed if possible +Empowerment

Chest: Hauberk of Desolation (3x +2int +2stam) + Glorious Stats

Wrist: i28 Green +Haste +Mastery (+2int +2stam) + Speed if possible + Stam
enchant

Hands: Gauntlets of Desolation (2x +2int +2stam) + whatever spell power is best

Belt: Girdle of the Storm (2x +2int +2stam)

Pants: Wyrmscale Greeves (3x +2int +2stam) - cheat chant if you want

Boots: i28 Green +Haste +Mastery (+2int +2stam) +Speed if possible +Stam/Run Speed

Ring: i28 Green +Haste +Mastery (+2int +2stam) +Speed if possible + Haste Enchant

Ring: i28 Green +Haste +Mastery (+2int +2stam) +Speed if possible + Haste Enchant

Trinket: Ghost Iron Dragonling +crit +mastery +verse

Trinket: PvP Trinket

i34 Resto Artifact Relics +14 spell power and +5 int.

Alchemy for Alchemists Flask and Mana potions.

That to me is as cookie cutter as you can get. And since all BGs are different and the teams you face are always different, worrying about +5%crit versus +5%haste or +5% verse/mastery is just silliness and not worth wasting brain cells on... you cannot know every situation.

That above is just as good as any other Gem/gear setup and you will be about 80% as effective as somebody abusing Mastery. And I only say that because the numbers from Mastery are just goofy... I've seen unleashed life do 900 on a NON crit.

Last edited:
If I was going to make a resto as fast as possible, having no other gear and I was not F2P (I don't know those restrictions). If I just wanted to get shit done:

Head: Engergized RetnalArmor (+Haste // + Haste // + Cast speed) [sub Mok Nathal Mask if you are super fucking lazy with 3x+2 int +2stam gems]

Neck: Talisman of the Breaker + Mark of the Trained Solider

Shoulder: Pauldrons of Desolation (2x +2int +2stam) - cheat chant if you want

Cape: i28 Green +Haste +Mastery (+2int +2stam) + Speed if possible +Empowerment

Chest: Hauberk of Desolation (3x +2int +2stam) + Glorious Stats

Wrist: i28 Green +Haste +Mastery (+2int +2stam) + Speed if possible + Stam
enchant

Hands: Gauntlets of Desolation (2x +2int +2stam) + whatever spell power is best

Belt: Girdle of the Storm (2x +2int +2stam)

Pants: Wyrmscale Greeves (3x +2int +2stam) - cheat chant if you want

Boots: i28 Green +Haste +Mastery (+2int +2stam) +Speed if possible +Stam/Run Speed

Trinket: Ghost Iron Dragonling +crit +mastery +verse

Trinket: PvP Trinket

i34 Resto Artifact Relics +14 spell power and +5 int.

Alchemy for Alchemists Flask and Mana potions.

That to me is as cookie cutter as you can get. And since all BGs are different and the teams you face are always different, worrying about +5%crit versus +5%haste or +5% verse/mastery is just silliness and not worth wasting brain cells on... you cannot know every situation.

That above is just as good as any other Gem/gear setup and you will be about 80% as effective as somebody abusing Mastery.

This is solid.

Personally, I would go in a diff direction with the gems and fill half the sockets with Talasites and the other half with 2/2 Int/Vers. But the rest I agree with.

This is solid.

Personally, I would go in a diff direction with the gems and fill half the sockets with Talasites and the other half with 2/2 Int/Vers. But the rest I agree with.

I agree, I started to actually type all the i28 greens with talasites, but then thought that would just cause somebody to have an aneurysm. Maybe on the Vers, but you are adding such a small amount on the survivability side (since its only half of your versatiltiy), I would rather just have +3int gems instead of +2int+2verse... or i'd rather just have the effective health of +stam over verse.

I agree, I started to actually type all the i28 greens with talasites, but then thought that would just cause somebody to have an aneurysm. Maybe on the Vers, but you are adding such a small amount on the survivability side (since its only half of your versatiltiy), I would rather just have +3int gems instead of +2int+2verse... or i'd rather just have the effective health of +stam over verse.

Yep that's a good option, too. Vers would be a little bit low for my comfort without the gems since your i28s are Haste/Mastery (which I agree with) instead of Aurora or Harmonious which would pad your Vers a bit, but ultimately it comes down to preference.

Also, how much Mastery does that neck enchant give at 20? I always liked Hidden Satyr on RSham, easy procs just by keeping Flame Shock up especially with high Haste.

Also, how much Mastery does that neck enchant give at 20? I always liked Hidden Satyr on RSham, easy procs just by keeping Flame Shock up especially with high Haste.

+8, but if you are not stacking mastery you are probably right.

Do you really think 1 int>2vers?

I'm not in any way saying you're wrong, but that ratio has jumped around quite a bit in recent years.

It's probably close enough to where +int+verse would just be better +you get reduction. IMO I would still use +int+stam, but second choice would be +int+verse.

I just would not play Resto like DPS as you did in BFA. People did that because Elemental was just TRASH without overload.

+8, but if you are not stacking mastery you are probably right.

I am too stupid to have checked what my mastery was before I put the enchant on, but taking it off only shows +4 mastery at level 20 (on a hunter). Mastery value of 62, removing a neck with 18 + the enchant leaves me with 40.

I am too stupid to have checked what my mastery was before I put the enchant on, but taking it off only shows +4 mastery at level 20 (on a hunter). Mastery value of 62, removing a neck with 18 + the enchant leaves me with 40.

I thought it was +8 when you are in a BG, I'll check later.

I thought it was +8 when you are in a BG, I'll check later.

I'm not going to lie my elemental damage is ASS on Resto. But, again, you can play Elemental/Ehnance now for DPS so you don't have to use Resto like you did in BFA. I just like mastery because when people are at below 25% hp, your base heals become bonkers as fuck... healing surge does 900 on a non crit... cool. Not trying to set any world records, but I just like that its a "different build". I would just add more talasites IF the gear drops, but i28 Savant with gem slots is just beyond rare.

I will also say that if I did not build this for Elemental I would not have jacked around with the Savant gear, I just would have used the above list I posted. I did not know that Deep Healing was so good.

165% mastery
resto.jpg

Last edited:
Why is 28ilevel with no or 1 socket better then BC with more socket? Is not possible to have better stats with BC EQ with more sockets than from 28 ilevel green?

Users who are viewing this thread