EU+US Theory Crafting 20-29s

MooCow

Legend
Ok, here we can post about, ask questions about various Theory Crafting for 20-29s. I'll start it off with a question.

With Bis white gear and engineering gear, For Level 28s or any other level that matter say you dont get anything at 29. Wouldn't it be better to have the crate gear at 28 even if the blues are one item level lower than the 37 you would get at 29? Wouldn't the scaling of those ilvl boost your stats to that of a 29 and therefore you'd have more health, and baseline stats? Which means you would hit/heal slightly more? Correct me if I'm wrong. If I am wrong can you tell me if there is any pro's or cons for staying a lower level and not twinking at 29s?

MooCow

That's a good question, and up until yesterday multiple brackets encountered the same question. But now that character level once again scales in BGs and arenas, x9 toons once again regain optimal stats. In other words, from yesterday onward, you'll scale to (say) 29 regardless of level outside of BGs and arenas, but your gear will only scale to heirloom level.

To clarify, remember that gear scales to heirloom level unless a particular slot has a higher item level. Higher item level encounters no scaling. If higher item levels did scale, then you could make a strong case for (say) 28 or even lower.

On my level 20 priest, 44 Ilvl gave him about a 40hp boost, didn't check his other stats. The base ilvl for 20 is 25. I'm not sure how the gear scaling works when your level is scaled, but I'm going to assume that staying lower level is more beneficial because there is a larger gap between your scaled Ilvl and your Max Ilvl.

On my level 20 priest, 44 Ilvl gave him about a 40hp boost, didn't check his other stats. The base ilvl for 20 is 25. I'm not sure how the gear scaling works when your level is scaled, but I'm going to assume that staying lower level is more beneficial because there is a larger gap between your scaled Ilvl and your Max Ilvl.

Before Blizz fixed character scaling yesterday, 20s' base ilvl was 25. Now that everyone scales to 29, everyone's ilvl should base at 34. If that's not the case, then yes, lower levels will have slightly higher stats than higher levels within a given bracket. I'd love for someone to test that out.

Before Blizz fixed character scaling yesterday, 20s' base ilvl was 25. Now that everyone scales to 29, everyone's ilvl should base at 34. If that's not the case, then yes, lower levels will have slightly higher stats than higher levels within a given bracket. I'd love for someone to test that out.

I know my health was as high as some 29s and I was missing gear for certain slots at 21. I couldnt say what my intellect and other stats was at but it seems HP is definitely affected.

Users who are viewing this thread