The worse spec in the bracket

You’re losing 20% bite damage by going lunar inspiration though
But you get 3x cb while aiding team by healing. You get 3x done vs 1+30% no stun, no kick. Best thing in bg is to offheal and gain combos then strike where it hurts

Reactions: KPI
My shaman has enchanting as a proff doesnt that make her an enchantment shaman? On a more related note I dont think mut rogue is as bad as everyone is saying they are. I think they are like c-dtier though lol.

My shaman has enchanting as a proff doesnt that make her an enchantment shaman? On a more related note I dont think mut rogue is as bad as everyone is saying they are. I think they are like c-dtier though lol.
I ride mount called invincible and i still can see it LoL

Feral Moonfire dot hits hard, and builds a combo point, it's how to get to quick 5 pt FB and helps with ranged enemies, hunts, mages, etc. Since at 20, you have no real stuns or slows, the good stuff all comes later.
39 would be the optimal to play, however, 20 is fun ftp, stopped paying Blizz back in 2011.
Just back smurfing around cause Covid.

Feral Moonfire dot hits hard, and builds a combo point, it's how to get to quick 5 pt FB and helps with ranged enemies, hunts, mages, etc. Since at 20, you have no real stuns or slows, the good stuff all comes later.
39 would be the optimal to play, however, 20 is fun ftp, stopped paying Blizz back in 2011.
Just back smurfing around cause Covid.
This dood gets it. Also, feral heals at 20 is no joke. Its 3 cast full hp + hot on 5k hp hunt. On bg meter your dps and heals should be allmost 60-40. If you play lunar cat right. Some bg eaven 40-60 if needed.

Last edited:
I play an enchantment shaman p often, I went with a goofy full ap build and use bladefist/blackout for weapons. Even with suboptimal choices on this goofy build it does alright.

Here are a few screenshots from my mutilate rogue, still need to get better gems on him but I am too lazy to do wotlk and I dont want to be locked into jc as my second profession slot.

https://imgur.com/3oCKd8g blowout game, I just returned flags and chilled most of it/
https://imgur.com/vpSQ0my probably shoulda loss this one, you know the team is good when the mut rogue is top in damage your teams damage/at the top.
https://imgur.com/ZehYdfE - levelers dont equip tirnkets and stand on top of flags, not that it matter when you cant hold what you take.
https://imgur.com/s3IbnYA - I can ninja cap just fine but idk what the point is when your team is being gy farmed by like 4 ppl half the game.

My thoughts on mut so far is that I really wish I had evasion or something >.> Fun to play though. think I have settled on tail/eng as my proffs....I feel like I really need those nets to get things done as this spec.

Last edited:

Your hyphen at the end is screwing up your link.

levelers dont equip tirnkets and stand on top of flags, not that it matter when you cant hold what you take.

Hard to play objectively when you're the only one. ;) Got an AB today where we had 12 at mines ... never took it (I was LM). We almost won that one too, lol. Rogue is one I didnt make yet this xpac, they're missing a lot of stuff I need to be effective the way i prefer to play. Still sorting out all my toons, but liking it more than usual this time out. It is what it is.

edit- it's hard to put up "big dick" numbers when you're alone doing nothing guarding an objective, I bet you'd do "better" in the eyes of most if you just follow the swarm and pad your damage hoping someone else will make sure you win. ;)

Last edited:
Fixed the link.

And yeah it can be a little frustrating when you are getting 5-6 ninja caps a game and you have 7-8ppl attacking a node and getting nowhere.
Here is a closer game I just had recently https://imgur.com/fACQxbz ssm so no ninja capping nodes or flag returns. Yeah rogues really do lack a lot compared to other classes in terms of kit, I would kill for a single defensive rofl. The class has to go out of its way to grab bonus items/professions which makes it kinda fun. ( bonus items other classes also get btw)

Even just having some energy regen at this level would be amazing but blizzard decided that those abilities need to be at half way through leveling. so for mut as an example you have to go 37 levels of no energy regen outside of haste stacking. I have had random levelers in dungeons complaining about how the spec feels super slow to play at lower levelers because its pretty much an auto attack simulator for a really long time.

Outlaw gets combat potency at 37 now when it use to have it pre 20 inbfa/legion
Sub gets shadow tech at 27
and mut gets venomous wounds at 37

That's over half way to 60 before you get your primary energy regen for a spec that has 2 bleeds and slice to keep up, its crazy. I don't even bother with garrote or rupture except in special situations as the energy and Cb are almost 100% better spent on KS dfa or s/d

man this post became way longer then I intended but I have mained rogue for around 13-14 years and I love the class so I want to make it work but blizzard is making it rough. Haven't felt this annoyed since legion 60's when gloomblade started doing more damage then eviscerate.

Fixed the link.

And yeah it can be a little frustrating when you are getting 5-6 ninja caps a game and you have 7-8ppl attacking a node and getting nowhere.
Here is a closer game I just had recently https://imgur.com/fACQxbz ssm so no ninja capping nodes or flag returns. Yeah rogues really do lack a lot compared to other classes in terms of kit, I would kill for a single defensive rofl. The class has to go out of its way to grab bonus items/professions which makes it kinda fun. ( bonus items other classes also get btw)

Even just having some energy regen at this level would be amazing but blizzard decided that those abilities need to be at half way through leveling. so for mut as an example you have to go 37 levels of no energy regen outside of haste stacking. I have had random levelers in dungeons complaining about how the spec feels super slow to play at lower levelers because its pretty much an auto attack simulator for a really long time.

That's over half way to 60 before you get your primary energy regen for a spec that has 2 bleeds and slice to keep up, its crazy. I don't even bother with garrote or rupture except in special situations as the energy and Cb are almost 100% better spent on KS dfa or s/d

man this post became way longer then I intended but I have mained rogue for around 13-14 years and I love the class so I want to make it work but blizzard is making it rough. Haven't felt this annoyed since legion 60's when gloomblade started doing more damage then eviscerate.
I know how you feel.

If you love a class, you love a class. And that can be hell when it's performance is dreadful.

I do enjoy me some rogues, so I might join you on this. For me, my love has always mostly been mages, warriors, DKs, rogues and druids. Probably.........Not in that order, but maybe. Unfortunately, I haven't really enjoyed DK since Cataclysm and a bit of MOP. Rogue was my favorite when we could stack armor pen in WoTLK as Combat. BC+WoTLK PVP Resto drood. I think mage and warrior are the only two I've enjoyed no matter what.

Fixed the link.

[doublepost=1611936208,1611935772][/doublepost]I'm running, and almost done with mine. Kelstorm (Aegwynn)
Tried all specs, never liked Outlaw. I know, it's the meta atm, puts out alot of damage, so seeing lots of em out there.
Sub is popular now as well. Don't like Shadowstrike at all. It's basically Gloomblade spam at 20.
Now, that mine is almost complete, it's starting to feel pretty good.
My old 60 rogue from back in 2011 is my avatar.
Forgot how much I enjoyed playing it.
Lots of noobs out there atm. Some don't even know most of the BG's, so letting them know early helps.
Like on Temple, grab orbs and hold in mid for max pts....or right click to farm the azerite spikes, etc.
I always let the team know that Kelstorm ----> going DR / BET on EoTS, etc.
Communication is really key, lot's of horde 2-6 toon premades on voice it seems.
Hope to see you in a few soon !

I am not a fan of sub for a few reasons

1- the talent that buffs shadowstrike essentially tells everyone in a 20 yard radius you are there, I have caught so many rogues out of stealth on my mage this way.
2-it takes around 10 seconds to get a full 10 stacks up on a target...10 seconds is a really long time in pvp, time that could be spent elsewhere imo.
3- after shadowstrike then what? gloomblade?
4- Gloomblade costs 35 energy generates 1 combo point and while it does deal more damage then mutilate the lack of a second combo point just makes it feel terrible to me. I would rather have mutilate that gives 2 cb for 45 energy over gloomblade which requires 70 energy for the same cb generation + 2 globals.

The only saving grace for sub to me is double step which is really nice. As for outlaw I just don't see it being better then mut based on my own experiences. Then again I am planning on making a new 20 rogue to grab a moks ( my current one is an old 39 twink that has already done the quest a few xpacs ago)

If any outlaw rogues want to come in here and give me the rundown on the specs strengths and weaknesses I would love to read it.

Whoever plays prot paladins, prepare for giga-nerfs. They are so strong at max level that yesterday at AWC one team picked prot instead of holy. It worked, they knocked out several other teams. Nerfs incoming with 100% certainty.

Monk Healer?
Made a mw monk recently, a hp and mastery spec and it works really well especially with manareg helm which I cant remember the name of atm from BRD. Having tons of fun in bgs. Can say that its just as viable as oldschool mw from which I have tons of exp. Not top tier but def a really good choice. Surging mist from pvp talent boost the spec alot.

ok guys be honest how much do you miss me?

might return to 20s soon

Users who are viewing this thread