The War Within (next expansion) F2P

You people do not understand. Point of my question was what usefull things will lvl 20 F2P twinks get from dragon isles (like the reagent bag).

You people do not understand. Point of my question was what usefull things will lvl 20 F2P twinks get from dragon isles (like the reagent bag).

Most of the information we know 100% so far, is here

Will F2P PVP be a thing in this expansion?
It has been most of DF, atleast on EU.

But these quirks are things we usually don't know untill we're closer to the pre-patch.

How they plan to do Cata Classic in that regard might be an indicator tho! As it was, back when they announced Wotlk and publically made it clear that they wouldn't change leveler PvP-brackets from how they were in Wotlk originally... If anything, I'd look out for that when the time comes

Blizzard has already stated in some interview that Dragon Isle will be the new player experience leveling route, and that you will go there directly after Exile’s Reach (level 10) and also that you would be able to fly earlier than now (level 30).

So Dragonriding will probably be available at level 10 even though normal flying or dynamic flying in other zones might not be available yet.

Seeing that via F2P, the Anglers mount water-walking equipment item has been locked for several years behind being level 40 and having one of the Striders that I cannot see Blizzard suddenly giving away Dragon riding or Trader Post and more without a subscription as well as having a higher than level 20 toon aka vet ;)

Maybe this is a new direction for Blizzard, but I envision like with Shadowlands and some of BFA - the F2P is locked out without access to all of the storyline to unlock most of the content like all of the Allied Races, Faction reputation, WOD Garrison buildings, BFA mission tables etc. Dragon-riding is tied to the DF storyline so unless they give access to at least the first chapter finale, to even get the first dragon-riding mount to F2P (vets with pre-TWW DF and dragon riding mounts unlocked, sure) with or without a dragon-riding mount it's most likely limited.

Most of the dragon riding abilities are tied to the storyline, before the change to first flying to level 30 which then included dragon riding, my vet level 20s was locked to the first 2-3 abilities of dragon-riding with whatever storyline mounts I unlocked with my level 70 toon and I still had no access to the glyphs or the higher storyline abilities even through my vet account had all of DF storyline mounts and most of the dragon-riding abilities unlocked.

Maybe this is a new direction for Blizzard, but I envision like with Shadowlands and some of BFA - the F2P is locked out without access to all of the storyline to unlock most of the content like all of the Allied Races, Faction reputation, WOD Garrison buildings, BFA mission tables etc. Dragon-riding is tied to the DF storyline so unless they give access to at least the first chapter finale, to even get the first dragon-riding mount to F2P (vets with pre-TWW DF and dragon riding mounts unlocked, sure) with or without a dragon-riding mount it's most likely limited.

They made all 4 shadowlands leveling zones for lvl 10+. Unlike in BfA.

They made all 4 shadowlands leveling zones for lvl 10+. Unlike in BfA.
Yes, that stopped when storyline quest chain ended right before picking a Covenant :p ended so locked out especially if you did all the "low" level side quests, then there was not much to do but grind for the handful of broken trinkets per se as well as 99% of the professions were locked out of being useful but for some of the Engineering tinker-chants and some equipment, Shadowlands leatherworking for one mount equipment and tailoring for the 32 slot bags. BFA still had better starting gear chance drops than Shadowlands gears until some got the broken trinkets/items or some Epic proc. Alliance had to grind for an alternative weapon enchant if they did not have GF'd Crusader on ilvl61-87 when DF pre-patch dropped as an example.

As much as people seem to have fate in Blizzard, they still have not fixed Enchanting for leveling as a prime example of sure they keep most enchants off in PVP but the restriction of under ilvl 50 killed most of the leveling enchants besides Minor Speed unusable in PVE or other aspects without being 20+ to access various pre-DF expansion content.

Until we see what the War Within Pre-patching does, there is no evidence that Dragonflight with be a jackpot for F2P, I do know currently with access to a Vet account they did recently lock out Dragionriding in Dragon Isles for under level 30 characters. If they did unlock dragon riding, it really does not matter if the areas, items, professions and story are still locked out at a certain point or being 20+. Sure, I did ghost walking/flying, as well as Dragon rode on my level 20 to at least explore the Dragon Isles but surely lots of ghost walking/flying and limited vigor with level 20 Dragon Riding.

Last edited:
Blizzard devs update that "Dynamic flight [apparent rename of dragonriding per se]/flying" @ level 30
Makes sense. Flying was 30 until now and DF zones are perfectly playable without Dragonriding up until Thaldraszus. Also: 29s in shambles once again.

Users who are viewing this thread