The Stratholme hypothesis

I put some videos up about the silithus and burning steppes farms in here https://xpoff.com/threads/how-and-where.75574/#post-1079611 . To my knowledge, these 2 outdoor farms are best for getting epics cuz of how many mobs u kill per hour. However, when it comes to farming epics to get them to scale, there are other things to worry about: loot tables being one cuz there are only certain mobs that drop certain epics. For example, if you were a 39 hunt trying to get one of the 2 epic lvl44 or 46 mail gloves to drop for u to scale to 39, you would prob be bettr off doing strat undead side since mobs there have the best drop rate or chance (ik u can enter the living side as a 39 so I'm just assuming u prob are able to enter undead side to? idk if not then just look up the next best mob to farm on wowhead). Basically, before u do a farm look who drops the epic ur looking for before u go cuz even though silithus and burning steppes are good farms, they may not drop epics u need. There are some other things to but they are alrdy in the forum that I linked.

There was a dude a while ago who was aoe farming mobs in the Burning Steppes.. All BoE epics weapons from vanilla can be scaled for a lvl 39... but those epics will be Req lvl 38 and ilvl 51.. ...
But this guy was killing all mobs on a 110 and looting with a 39.. and it was working.. Burning Steppes is probably the best place to do it.
Wish we could find that post. My recollection, which may be wrong...was that he was farming and looting with both chars at 39,...not a 110. That would make sense...otherwise half the drops would have a level 60 requirement, right?

How would you set the group loot setting?

Burning Steps epic farm got me this on my 39 Disc. Using an 80 Fury Warrior to AoE, looting on both the 39 and 80.

34pyhag.png

Out of the 5 Epics I got this was the only one lootable on my 39.

This scaled the opposite way:

s64qrm.jpg

I dont have a use for either item atm, no 39 Plate wearer and no 60 Hunter >.<

Last edited:
Burning Steps epic farm got me this on my 39 Disc. Using an 80 Fury Warrior to AoE, looting on both the 39 and 80.

34pyhag.png

s64qrm.jpg

Are you US I’ll buy those shoulders if you are my 39 is a warrior and I’d like those XD

EU sorry man.

I'm going to give Strat. ago at some point in time using the same method. 80 Fury AoE'ing, Personal Loot and looting on both toons.

Burning Steppes will be hard to beat though, 2 or 3 people farming the groups gives nearly instant spawn rates, and if you ever need Rune Cloth or Mageweave then I'd recommend it over anyway else ( that I've tried )

I tried to enter Strat on my lvl 19, and it said you can enter from lvl 37 and higher.
Which is pretty cool since you could make a lvl 38 Twink that can use 37 and 38 epic armor and weapons..
When i get a bit more time im gonna do that For Sure!!
I'm not sure which class i would like to twink on lvl 38.. hmmmm Maybe the one that has the most possible BoE world epics.
btw, How much do Dungeon epics scale to? also +13 ilvl of the req lvl?? Thx!
[doublepost=1523205795,1523205755][/doublepost]

34pyhag.png

s64qrm.jpg

How many hours did you farm there to get those 5 epics to drop? thx.

Users who are viewing this thread