The state of Warlocks in MoP

Kutotems

Legend
let me start off with some clarifications:This thread is to discuss talent changes, not gear, but if the spec cannot work with the gear, feel free to let it be known. Also, I know there is a thread dedicated to showing stats and such for certain classes @ 19, but i looked through and i didnt see a 19 warlock post, so i wanted to make a thread to have an open discussion about 19 locks.

With that being said, destro and affliction are pretty much the same(talent wise), unstable affliction and conflagration, etc, but Demo has gotten Metamorphosis. Locks have also gotten some very good survivability talents (See all of the talents here: Talent Calculator - Game Guide - World of Warcraft ) and some new DoTs.

My question to the forum is, which talent spec will be the best for utility, damage, sustainability, survivability?

Demo warlocks will get a gimped version of Metamorphosis. The 'nether plating' ability, which gives Meta its high armor and reduced chance to be crit, is not learned until 27 - at 19, there will just be a modest damage increase.

Hard to say which spec will be best until tuned numbers are actually known toward the end of beta, but demonology looks gutted until higher levels, just as it is right now.

I expect locks to be in about the same state and place that they are right now.

I'm curious to know if ember tab (lvl 10) is usable for destro seeing as you generate embers with incinerate, a lvl 42 spell. If you do, then destro looks quite nice.

Destro might do 12% more damage on Soul Fire, but aff can instacast them, so I'm also curious to see how much damage SF will do. It's a guaranteed crit now (=MOP).

Theres no way they are giving locks a guaranteed crit on their SFs. Locks could go full on spell power on a panda (for the food buff racial) with an AGM and trink, do crazy damage(more than right now), but still have the survivability neccesary.

I just hope that destro does more damage with conflag in MoP, during shattering i was hitting for around 500(crit) on my lock after i got my immolate up. Its nice to have an instant nuke at 19 in addition to the damage over times that, if resto shamans are setup like they are said to be, will be doing virtually nothing with the improved cleanse.

warlocks are killer now, they will be better in MOP with the nice level 15 talents choices, dory is already snapping his carrot. they are almost getting back what they had in WOTLK

warlocks are killer now, they will be better in MOP with the nice level 15 talents choices, dory is already snapping his carrot. they are almost getting back what they had in WOTLK

I think they will be quite good in MoP - I'd love to try out every one of those specs at 19, fucking all of them seem fun!

^ Im sorry I just had to laugh at that avatar. I'm assuming they wont let you change back your name?

Do you have any specific information to share here regarding changes? I'd like to know which spells and mechanics are actually present going into MoP.

Users who are viewing this thread