the rogues spidersilk cape

I think hit is worth it. When you WSG just look at how often you 'Miss'. Although I can't site a source from what I've read the game mechanics factor in Miss first and then dodge/parry/block (I think those are all equal). Getting hit capped is one of the most important dps aspects in the game and can drastically improve overall DPS. True, you might not get the big crits or crit as often but you will be a consistent damage dealer

Bansil said:
nope.

assassins > tailspike > WSG dagger

and talking about ambush...stylecap is nth^^

well.. obviously I would use an AB if I had one.

You are right about Tail Spike>Sentinel Blade. I have one sitting in my bank that I never even considered.

and what does "stylecap is nth^^" mean?

ArthurianKnight said:
... as hit rating gets your damage up, but losing agi makes crit go down, and crit cannot miss and are as good as hit rating when capped, they are capped at 50%, 40% before all buffs.

Are you saying crits can't miss? Because crits can miss, you'd just never know since you missed.

aether said:
as a rogue, you can use, either the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=6449 or the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=2059 right?

well, what about a +4 stamina +4 hit cloak..? http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45626

anyone thinks its worth it?

I'm currently using the Spidersilk Drape, I find that the hit rating is just to good to miss out on, I hardly lose that much ap and the dodge is hardly noticeable on how much I miss.

Imo I think you should get 2-3 depending on your needs, I got 1 with increase stealth for rvr / arena and one with 3 agility on for nice addition damage / dodge.

If you look at how often you "Miss" it is ALOT....with that said, rogues at 19 wsg are missing between 20-35%, that is a hell of a lot of dps being lost there....4 agil and 1 stam lost from not wearing from Sentry Cloak is in no way going to gimp your stats...This cloak is by far the best to wear especially if you are hit capped.

if you are in wsg you should have an elixir of minor accuracy which would hit cap you if you had dev belt on

for arenas i would use it

Use [ITEM]Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders[/ITEM] + [ITEM]Deviate Scale Belt[/ITEM] + [ITEM]Spidersilk Drape[/ITEM] = hitcapped for yellow damage, so no more gouge misses :cool: must have

Goma said:
if you are in wsg you should have an elixir of minor accuracy which would hit cap you if you had dev belt on

for arenas i would use it
don't sacrifice other stats when you can just drink hit rating

I dunno if 11 hit rating is the cap, cuz Im capped on my Rogue and I still miss on special abilities, not much, but I still do...is there a cap for white hits aswell?

gr1pp said:
11 Hit Rating is the cap for styles, unless of course you're fighting a Nelf, against those the cap is 15 Hit Rating.

The Cap for white hits is 51 (55 against nelfs)

Yeah....my rogue is alliance and I was fighting an orc...Maybe some bad luck? I dunno.

And I wouldn't cap for white hits, especially if it is 51, I don't even think that is possible to get at 19.

Just did the maths... here we go;

Sentry Cloak:

4 agility (4 attack power, 0,4% crit, 0,8% dodge and 8 armor)

5 stamina (50 health)

Spidersilk Drape:

4 stamina (40 health)

4 hit rating (1,89% chance to hit)

SP can be ignored, no function for a rogue.

What this does for your damage;

0,4% crit effectively increases your damage output by 0,4%, 1,89% chance to hit works the same and thus increases your damage output by 1,89%. 1,89% minus 0,4% equals 1,49% more damage output from the Spidersilk Drape compared to the Sentry cloak, the AP from Sentry Cloak not calculated with it. 4 AP will be no more than 1 weapon damage, which is for every decent rogue no more than 0,8% increased output. 1,49% minus 0,8% equals 0,69% increased damage output from the Spidersilk Drape compared to the Sentry Cloak.

What this does for your defense;

You lose 10 health, which is not much but always something you have to put into your balance. Then there's the 0,8% dodge which is imo the most over appreciated stat ever in the history of rogues; you only really benefit from it against other rogues and warriors. The 8 armor can be ignored, it adds less than 0,1% damage reduction for every type of rogue.

What this means;

Spidersilk Drape is definetely better for offense, and Sentry Cloak is only slightly better in defensive stats; yours to pick but I say

Spidersilk Drape. =]

~Rayu

not to mention that missing an attack makes the fight longer -> gives your enemy a chance to make dmg.

missing a kick / gouge can be more horrible than runnin around with 10 less HP.

Users who are viewing this thread