The Return of the US 39 Bracket

gallery_1058_1_40367.jpg

For the past month, US 39s worked diligently to rally their players for a comeback, setting up shop on Wednesdays and now Saturdays. They join 49s, who continue to play Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. With ongoing communication in the WoW forums and TwinkInfo's forums, they look ready to escalate into the new year. If you've always wanted to try a midbracket, or get your twink out of retirement, queue up at 9pm EST/6pm PST on their chosen days (one hour later for 49s), and see what midbrackets have to offer.

As a longtime twinker, I get asked why I would ever spend time in a bracket that has to schedule games. Good question! When lower and upper brackets play daily, what's the attraction of the midbrackets?

For the same reason that RBGers, endgame raiders, and serious arena teams all schedule game nights, the midbrackets attract a dedicated following of players. Midbracket PuGs are more likely to house players with complete gearsets, have a higher percentage of capped professions, and bring better objective-oriented play to the field. After all, if you're only going to play two or three nights a week, you make it worth your while. You begin to recognize everyone on sight, by name, every game night. Friendships and rivalries form both on and off the field. To be sure, you can work to achieve the same from higher population brackets. Higher population brackets tend to see lower quality PuGs. Playing in a midbracket doesn't have the same degree of anonymous experience like the bigger population brackets. Many midbracket players sport completed twinks on both factions, to help pop games, and to help balance sides. Midbrackets even go so far as to sit players out when teams have unequal numbers. This is the kind of dedication that revives a bracket time and time again.

Now's your chance. Gearlists and armories abound, and you'll find many helpful players in the Twinkinfo forums and WoW forum threads. My twinks span seven different brackets, and the larger population brackets certainly bring me fun, but my best battleground stories come from the hard-fought games of the midbrackets. Clutch victories, tough losses, and sudden changes of the tide continually challenge me to better my game in ways the larger population brackets never do. Ready for a new XP-off endeavor? Come gear up a midbracket twink and see why players return time and time again!

39s are also on the move in the EU -- keep an eye out for more information!

Damnit where's that /like button...

Really enjoyed the read, Bwappo. You basically put everything I thought of the 39 bracket, out there. <3

im glad to see it alive again, if my play time wasnt so limited right now i would dust off the account with all my old 39's on it just too have some diffrent toons to play

Guess I'll be on my 39 priest some then
<
glad to see this

Users who are viewing this thread