The quest for the "perfect" 49 elemental shaman.

I may have a better contender! I had armory'd my bud Kaozs after Monday's battlegrounds.

Basically if you take the gear I listed in the previous post, switch Eye of Flame with Soothsayer's Headdress, Underworld Band with Gem Studded Band, and Blessed Hammer of Grace with Devout Aurastone Hammer, you end up with these stat differences.

+1 stam, +7 intellect (105 MP), +1mp5 (from unrelenting storm), -2 spell power, -16 spirit.

Aint sure to be honest which is better, but it seemed worthy of mention. I hate that I'd end up going below 350 spell damage (its at 349), but 1 stam and 105 mana +1 mp5 isn't a bad trade-off. The 16 spirit equates out to 7 mp5 while not casting. If you take off the bonus 1 mp5 you get from new gear (that's always going to be there), you'll end up with 6 mp5 while not casting. It'd take 87.5 seconds of out-of-combat for 6 mp5 to equal 105 mana. Definitely a considerable option over my "best build." I seem to have an attachment for 350 spell damage and beyond though. :p still aint sure tbh.

(Just a little tidbit as well, Unrelenting Storm grants 1mp5 for every 8.333 intellect you have. So if you get the talent 3/3 (and you should!), Devout Aurastone Hammer has the same mp5 as Blessed Hammer of Grace. So it becomes, basically, the question of 2 stamina vs. 9 intellect.)

Aint sure if many are still devoted to this thread... but I know there will be some elemental shaman out there thankful to run into this work someday ;-).

Anywho, I found my new personal top contender build for elemental shaman.

If you take post #21's build, which is:

Eye of Flame

Pulsating Crystal Shard

Mystical Pauldrons of the Elements

Featherskin Cape

Green Dragonscale Breastplate, Gauntlets, and Leggings

Dryad's Wrist Bindings

Ban'thok Sash

Greaves of Withering Despair

Cyclopean Band

Underworld Band

Heirloom PvP Trinket

Flashlight Trinket

Blessed Hammer of Grace

Wall of Dead

3416 HP, 3401 MP, 351 Spell Damage, 7.79% crit, 116 spirit, 87 mp5 after 3/3 Unrelenting Storm, 23 resilience....

....replace Cyclopean Band with a second Underworld Band, and Blessed Hammer of Grace with Devout Aurastone Hammer, you get:

3416 HP, 3431 MP, 354 Spell Damage, 7.83% crit, 118 spirit, 87 mp5 after 3/3 Unrelenting Storm, 15 resilience

This is the build I'm running now. ;-)

On the issue of Cyclopean Band's hit rating, you won't need it if you're wearing Ban'thok Sash + Greaves of Withering Despair + Flashlight Trinket. These three pieces alone will get you above 6% spell hit which is what you need. The spell hit cap rating is 4%, but Tauren and Night Elves both have a racial passive that reduces the chance to be hit by nature spells by 2%.

Users who are viewing this thread