The New Age of Level 19 Twinking (Patch 3.1)

Originally Posted by shanker View Post

1200 yeah right

even with pre 3.1 nerf, rogues had to have full attack power gear, attack power leg armor and would be uber lucky if they could even get in position to pull a ambush for around 600-900 BS/ambush. very rare in 19 bracket for rogues to spec like this or even have a full set of "POWER" gear.

rogues have lost alot on patch 3.1 also. today my rogue lost

8 agi from hat

6 stam from chest, had to re-enchant chest with +4 stats gained 4agi/4str

40 stam from legs

12 agi from legs

6 stam from boots

Medikal said:
so u lost 12 agil. which is 12 ap. Then u go get ur leggings of the fang and refunds what? 5-9 ap back over ur 5/5 pants (Don't know exact stats and can't look up cuz i am at work). U have lost NOTHING in terms of DPS while casters have lost health. The key to staying alive thru ur ridiculous burst and damage. 600-800 ambushes is not acceptable. thats 3/4's of my twink priests health in 1 hit. 300-400 IS acceptable.

U speak like a true pathetic 19 dps. You lost so much. don't make me laugh. And to think, hunters are worse then you.

my above post was 2 parts

first part stated how rogues used to pull huge BS/ambushes and that was by rogues who sacrificed major health, using "OF THE POWER" random enchant items along with NETHERCOBRA 50 AP/12 crit strike leg armor kits. all their enchants were for total AP, they even put 9 str instead of stam on their bracers. rogues spec'd for this were rather rare prior to WOTLK, plus if they were spotted were easy to kill since they usually only had around 600 health. but after WOTLK with gathering and exploits is was to easy to build a monster BS/ambush rogue and still have major health for open combat. that is gone with 3.1

the second part of my post was to show what i lost. that's it. but overall my rogue was never spec'd for 600-900 BS/ambushes. my rogue does sword in MH 99.99% of time, BS/ambush are too time consuming in 19 bracket and rogues move too slow and are easily spotted trying to set up the elusive BS/ambush. rogues mostly switch to dagger/MH most of the time when they are attempting a flag return. i don't....i open with garrote

the math you didn't have time to do:D

my rogue after 3.1

8 agi lost from head

12 agi lost from leg armor kit

530hp lost combined over fishing boots nerf and leg armor kit and 1 stamina more loss by going to leggings of the fang

+4 agi gained to chest

+4 str gained to chest

+5 str gained from fang legs over 5/5 monkey legs

+4 agi gained " "

total AP lost 3, but due to having only gained back 8 of 20 agility lost, my rogue has lost the affects that 12 agi would have done as far as crit, dodge, armor to. my rogue other than missing head/leg librams is the same as any twink rogue was pre-BC.

DRUIDDROID - I don't care about grandfathering. i just want my 225. Be smart with my mana... u ever done a 10 man healing an FC with 5 dps on him? Spirit staff gave me the option to use the 5 second rule and regenerate while spacing my heals. we don't all just pug.

Druiddroid said:
i'm rejoicing, and i hardly play either of those classes.

if you're playing against someone without 1/2 a brain, they're easy to manipulate (provided you have 1/2 a brain).

yes it sucks to lose your stuff, but cmon if you're going to pout over having overpowered & grandfathered stuff being taken away, it really sounds childish. not to mention it really doesn't prove your point against the OP at all.

at 19 you can kite for long periods of time without going OOM. using movement tricks as well as simply keeping distance on your opponents (2 of my priest's fears will allow me to escape from ANYONE) and you should be fine.

or you can be smart with mana.

shanker said:
Originally Posted by shanker View Post

1200 yeah right

even with pre 3.1 nerf, rogues had to have full attack power gear, attack power leg armor and would be uber lucky if they could even get in position to pull a ambush for around 600-900 BS/ambush. very rare in 19 bracket for rogues to spec like this or even have a full set of "POWER" gear.

rogues have lost alot on patch 3.1 also. today my rogue lost

8 agi from hat

6 stam from chest, had to re-enchant chest with +4 stats gained 4agi/4str

40 stam from legs

12 agi from legs

6 stam from boots

my above post was 2 parts

first part stated how rogues used to pull huge BS/ambushes and that was by rogues who sacrificed major health, using "OF THE POWER" random enchant items along with NETHERCOBRA 50 AP/12 crit strike leg armor kits. all their enchants were for total AP, they even put 9 str instead of stam on their bracers. rogues spec'd for this were rather rare prior to WOTLK, plus if they were spotted were easy to kill since they usually only had around 600 health. but after WOTLK with gathering and exploits is was to easy to build a monster BS/ambush rogue and still have major health for open combat. that is gone with 3.1

the second part of my post was to show what i lost. that's it. but overall my rogue was never spec'd for 600-900 BS/ambushes. my rogue does sword in MH 99.99% of time, BS/ambush are too time consuming in 19 bracket and rogues move too slow and are easily spotted trying to set up the elusive BS/ambush. rogues mostly switch to dagger/MH most of the time when they are attempting a flag return. i don't....i open with garrote

the math you didn't have time to do:D

my rogue after 3.1

8 agi lost from head

12 agi lost from leg armor kit

530hp lost combined over fishing boots nerf and leg armor kit and 1 stamina more loss by going to leggings of the fang

+4 agi gained to chest

+4 str gained to chest

+5 str gained from fang legs over 5/5 monkey legs

+4 agi gained " "

total AP lost 3, but due to having only gained back 8 of 20 agility lost, my rogue has lost the affects that 12 agi would have done as far as crit, dodge, armor to. my rogue other than missing head/leg librams is the same as any twink rogue was pre-BC.

12 agil is what? 1.5% crit 1.5% dodge and 24 armor? def something to cry over. pre bc twinks have librams for an extra 200 health. pre bc +15 agility (example) to weapon was 150g+ and with a 60 being ur main, not everyone had that cash. Let alone not everyone even knew what the best gear even was. I remember my rogue carrying pearl handed daggers or w/e they where back then. Don't compare ur 19 twink sponsored by ur infinite money 80 to a pre bc twink sponsored by a poor 60. Its 2 very very different things.

I am done crying though. I am just gonna go back to my 39's anyway till the account is up :) wish u all luck!

i cannot even start to laugh at people not able to go over the level 60 mark....

its like saying BOA are unfair advantage while everyone could simply level to 80 and eventually have them. play the damn game dammit ! i mean you payed for a game to be played. yet you're playing twinks at 19 only with a character on vanilla account. come on... that's just ridiculous ! my suggestion is, if ya want to twink only, then you shouldn't. either play the game for what it is now, or don't play it at all !

nobody forces you to play this game you know !

Medikal said:
u ever done a 10 man healing an FC with 5 dps on him? Spirit staff gave me the option to use the 5 second rule and regenerate while spacing my heals. we don't all just pug.

it sounded like you pugged when you made this statement:

If they took the time to play a class that didn't crit every other hit and took maybe half a brain to play they may realize what this patch did.

if you're playing against someone without 1/2 a brain, they're easy to manipulate (provided you have 1/2 a brain).

if the hunter or rogue has 1/2 a brain, it will do very well in a premade, i'll give you that. the best premade makeups have been altered to include more DPS after 3.1.

perhaps my battlegroup doesn't have 10v10s every day. i know that most of my games are PuGs.

concerning mana regen, if you used up all your mana, you're being useful, and therefore are still a vital part to the premade, even if you have less spirit. using up 1k+ mana is providing like 3k in healing (BS'd that #). i guess my point is here is that even though mana users' spirit was decreased, you still need healers in a premade to do well against other premades. (also hunters' spirit is reduced too)

good luck at 39, exorcism is a BITCH.

Despite your post being rather well received I really got nothing from it. 90 percent of that stuff I have done or already do on my lvl 80s. Am I really supposed to get excited to level cooking for the 5th time. Or suggesting getting some achievements and RP clothes. I'm on an RP server I could do all this shit before the patch. I don't need a patch to encourage me to do things I was already doing. Please blow some more smoke up my ass. It tickles. Why would I invest time into doing anything on a low level character when Blizzard has no problem taking that stuff away. No thanks. I'd rather grind all this fluffy crap on a lvl 80 because at least I'm not going to have all my hard work taken away.

Honestly, I started twinking to push the envelope of what a class/character could do at a certain level when it comes to PvP. I got into the community because it was interesting to see what others were able to do. If it turns into "check out how well my new hat matches my clothes" I think I'll be done with it.

Medikal said:
12 agil is what? 1.5% crit 1.5% dodge and 24 armor? def something to cry over. pre bc twinks have librams for an extra 200 health. pre bc +15 agility (example) to weapon was 150g+ and with a 60 being ur main, not everyone had that cash. Let alone not everyone even knew what the best gear even was. I remember my rogue carrying pearl handed daggers or w/e they where back then. Don't compare ur 19 twink sponsored by ur infinite money 80 to a pre bc twink sponsored by a poor 60. Its 2 very very different things.

I am done crying though. I am just gonna go back to my 39's anyway till the account is up :) wish u all luck!

first off, your crystal ball is broken.:rolleyes:

i have no 80, my highest player is a 68 followed by a 64. i have never had any interest in PVE or a rush to get to endgame. i had no farming help at first or alot of gold, so my first 19 was also equipped with 2 pearl handled daggers that my 20ish BS made along with some green monkey gear items i got off the AH. i got minor enchants like +5 agi to gloves, etc. when players were offering them near free. i had no libram enchants or stam/agi leg armor kits. although severely outclassed most of the times, i played that rogue to about 7000 HKs in 19 bracket. when i finally started figuring out how to make money and had farming help i built a new 19, and moved the old 19 to 29 bracket.

as for 60's being poor...lol! don't need to be a 70 or 80 to make money in this game. so everyone in pre-BC was broke waiting for BC to come out so they could start making money?:confused: give me a break;)

P.S. i'm glad to hear your done crying in the 19 bracket forum. 39's look out! palidans...give our stressed MEDIKAL some love.

shanker said:
first off, your crystal ball is broken.:rolleyes:

i have no 80, my highest player is a 68 followed by a 64. i have never had any interest in PVE or a rush to get to endgame. i had no farming help at first or alot of gold, so my first 19 was also equipped with 2 pearl handled daggers that my 20ish BS made along with some green monkey gear items i got off the AH. i got minor enchants like +5 agi to gloves, etc. when players were offering them near free. i had no libram enchants or stam/agi leg armor kits. although severely outclassed most of the times, i played that rogue to about 7000 HKs in 19 bracket. when i finally started figuring out how to make money and had farming help i built a new 19, and moved the old 19 to 29 bracket.

as for 60's being poor...lol! don't need to be a 70 or 80 to make money in this game. so everyone in pre-BC was broke waiting for BC to come out so they could start making money?:confused: give me a break;)

P.S. i'm glad to hear your done crying in the 19 bracket forum. 39's look out! palidans...give our stressed MEDIKAL some love.

I am guessing you didn't play pre-bc wow. I think this is even more true due to the fact ur highest level toon is a 68. If you infact did, u would know money was not of abundance back then like it is now. U would know finding an enchanter with the +15 agility enchant to weapon wasn't all that easy, +15 to hands was even harder, lets not even get into librams.

"so everyone in pre-BC was broke waiting for BC to come out so they could start making money?:confused: give me a break;)"

Since you take my posts so literal, i should of said MAJORITY of the 60's where poor. If someone had 1000g stockpiled they where considered rich. I know people who make 3x's that in 1 day now.

Your post practically proved my point. Ur old rogue was the model rogue of twinking in pre bc. Not all to scary for ur basic auction house clothy twink.

Stressed Medikal? Nah account ends in 5 days. 15 bucks a month off my credit card. I am the exact opposite of stressed actually. Just find the twinking community very entertaining now ;)

Your sig is absolutely hilarious. I really hope thats a quote from someone else.

"BoA gear is basically unfair gear in PVP only more experienced and main-bound players can get."

If you're smart, the spirit nerf shouldn't hurt healers as much as some would imply. Just use the trick where you mash your drink button as soon as you cast a heal while OOC. The only time spirit is crucial is if you are constantly on the move and do not have any stationary fighting where drinking is not an option.

Megamann said:
Despite your post being rather well received I really got nothing from it. 90 percent of that stuff I have done or already do on my lvl 80s. Am I really supposed to get excited to level cooking for the 5th time. Or suggesting getting some achievements and RP clothes. I'm on an RP server I could do all this shit before the patch. I don't need a patch to encourage me to do things I was already doing. Please blow some more smoke up my ass. It tickles. Why would I invest time into doing anything on a low level character when Blizzard has no problem taking that stuff away. No thanks. I'd rather grind all this fluffy crap on a lvl 80 because at least I'm not going to have all my hard work taken away.

Honestly, I started twinking to push the envelope of what a class/character could do at a certain level when it comes to PvP. I got into the community because it was interesting to see what others were able to do. If it turns into "check out how well my new hat matches my clothes" I think I'll be done with it.

let me put this straight then, as you don't seem to understand it !

STOP PLAYING

this is an MMO RPG.

MMO, massively multiplayer Online

RPG, Role Playing Game

its not made to stay the same all day long.

its made so you level characters, first and foremost. its already good to even have end game content !

if you think there is nothing more for you to gain in this game, then just quit it !

what i see in such reasoning of your post, is that you are too addict to this game, i suggest you just let it go, before it consumes you !

@medikal

your right on my signature!:) it was taken out of context from a post that druiddroid made awhile back.

generally, there was some discussion about how things will be more fair since players won't need mains to get items etc. it came out of that.

as for gold. once i figured out what to do, i had over 10000gold before my first player hit 39. i would have had more had i not been wasting it on twinking six players. my trick to making money was deviate fish, mining, DE'ing stuff and selling mats, and camping darkmoon faire which i discovered by accident. we have some players in our guild who are on new accounts that already have 19 twinks, several are young kids. since their twinks are a combo miners/herbers/skinners/fishers they have no problem making gold.

one kid had a main 25 hunter, made his first 1000G fishing and selling deviate fish, firefin snappers, oily blackmouths. he has since rushed a druid to 55, made a DK, and had the gold for epic flying when his DK hit 70.

the fishing part was not my idea, i got the info online from a player who said you can beat the whole WOW game with a fishing pole when it comes to gold. imo....he/she was right. in BC, alot of OL fish used to sell good cooked or uncooked. now with WOTLK, there are alot of fish, etc. items from fishing that sell real good. it's not everyones bag to fish, can be extremely boring....but Blizz has spiced up fishing with achievements, rewards/goodies.

ArthurianKnight said:
if you think there is nothing more for you to gain in this game, then just quit it !

what i see in such reasoning of your post, is that you are too addict to this game, i suggest you just let it go, before it consumes you !

You're totally missing the point which is Blizzard created WoW to make money. By removing aspects of the game that are fun they will indeed lose costumers. Why you felt the need to point out this is an MMO is beyond me, but in order to make something a MMO they need people playing, and by making some of the changes they've made they will lose costumers. This hurts both the person quitting and those who are playing. If I quit WoW that not only affects Blizzard directly as it's 15 bucks a month less then they had before it also hurts those who played and enjoyed playing with me.

If you want to hang out in your little bubble and think you are unaffected then so be it. But simply telling me to level up cooking and find fun elsewhere is a little bit one sided.

blizzard is going to make more money with the amount of hunters with over 1k health at 19 now

i'm having a great time at 19s now. 29s are also fun. 39s aren't as great though because of exorcism. if blizzard removes exorcism from PVP i definately think blizzard will gain customers from the twink changes.

You must just have selective hearing/reading druid. Because there are people quitting because of the changes. I haven't heard one person that I can think of that said they are now making a twink because of the changes. Switching from playing one twink to another because of class changes doesn't count. I also haven't heard of any people that actually have come back to WoW because of the changes.

there are many puggers that come into BGs, and i can assume that most people who are leveling won't do BGs often while twinks will do them in 90% of their online time. and there are still more non-twinks than twinks in almost every WSG it seems. so i'd say that there are many many MANY more players heading to 80 than twink players. the twink base really isn't that huge.

despite the fact some twinks players are quitting, most are probably going to stay (see the poll). and i think that many people who are discouraged from BGing as a non-twink will not quit as often because they are being torn apart by more experienced and well geared players. but i can only assume they were quitting at a higher rate before the patch than after the patch, so my point is kind of basing off an assumption : /

anyways i'm sure if blizzard sees a huge drop in money they will change something. but i highly doubt they'll see a drop in money at all. if they fix exorcism most brackets will have changed for the better IMO.

i completely agree with that druid !

i for one, am more excited about the new patch that twinking i think has became quite good in itself ! a friend of mine who weren't really into it has came back to PVP due to it. so now you've seen one at least ! those who brag about them losing every advantage they had over the others are simply that, braggers whatever blizzard would have done to get rid of some unbalancing issues would have triggered them off anyway. blizzard had balancing issues, they did this to try and balanced it out. like all game companies try to do it. many of these changes should have been done years ago !

i don't think blizzard will lose anything with this, has many of my friends who where on AoC now... came back to WoW just because patch 3.1 came out. so it all depends on your view megamann...

as for what i was telling you, the point was, if you cannot have fun with more then 25% of the game, then you shouldn'T be playing it. that's what i was saying ! i'm still here playing this game cause even though i've lost many interest i still enjoy playing with friends, i still enjoy playing PVP even more with 3.1 out. and i enjoy end-level content too. that's for me more then 75% of the game i still like. i think its a good reason to play this. but the more i listen to you talking the more i feel you dislike more then 75% of the game. so i'm asking myself why play a game you dislike so much then ?

Users who are viewing this thread