The hell is with the new boa prices...

Boa's used to cost 60 badges, items that would have, last patch, cost 60 frost badges now cost about600-700 points. Boa's now cost 2100 or so points, almost 200 badges worth of points each. Wtf is up with that...

so you spend longer farming them for your alt / reroll and dont cancel for a month before cata because you have nothing to do

its all abt the next months sub

Would have been a better idea for them to just wait until the expansion came out...

It was indeed a dumbass move.

Ardent said:
Boa's used to cost 60 badges, items that would have, last patch, cost 60 frost badges now cost about600-700 points. Boa's now cost 2100 or so points, almost 200 badges worth of points each. Wtf is up with that...

You must admit that obtaining boa's was tremendously easy, without putting in too much effort I was able to 'farm' enough unwanted badges on a variety of 80's to spend on about 20 heirlooms for my alts/twinks .... thus reducing the prestige in owning an heirloom in the first place as everyone was running around with shiny shoulders and a huge glowing weapon(s).

I'm all in favour of making heirlooms harder/more expensive to obtain for obvious reasons ;)

Yeah I roughly did the math.

Most instances have 3 bosses.

Old: BoA chest = 40 badges. 3 Boss badges a run + 2 extra on final. 5 Badges a run, 8 runs, boom BoA chest is yours.

New: BoA Chest = 2200JP. 16JP per boss, + 23 on final. so about 70 per run. 2200/70 = 32 runs.

So it takes about 4 times longer to obtain a BoA chest. That is with really rough maths, and roundings off everywhere haha. But yeah new BoA is painfull to farm.

well, looks like im gonna pvp like crazy on my main to complete my twink.

Yea i agree that they shouldnt raise the price, Heirlooms are a Reward for players who have reached 80 to give better gear for their alts, they shouldnt have to spend SO much to recieve them.

Users who are viewing this thread