The feral cat strikes back!

ipodz

Legend
I'm starting to notice a large number of feral druids in the 19 bracket now. Would you guys say there a lot stronger then the good old rogues?

definately more mobile, not sure about burst. You should read Kore's guide to druids in the guid sections.

i made my druid a little while back when they werent very common (as feral) - i love seeing all the druids now haha. our mobility is the shit and definitely have some sick burst..especially with hit cap, which is no problem to get. plus you dont need the minor movement speed to your boots, so you can put agility on there or stam if you're fc'ing

Feral druids do some really nice damage and they have very nice mobility.

As far as survivability, they're pretty squishy....

If unnoticed you'll top the charts frequently. You will die frequently if targeted though. Hardly any room for error. Very, very squishy.

Yeah, as grabco said, more mobile but they lack the burst and utility that rogues bring. Some people like them though and they're definitely an effective class.

Kore nametooshort said:
they lack the burst and utility that rogues bring.

??????what am i reading

they don't have ambush type opener....however mangle hits real hard and way more damage than a rogues SiSt. the infected wounds enables you to cripple slow and kite a rogue with ease.

as for squishy, knowing when to pop/rejuv/thorns/bear makes a difference. even just going to bear mitigates damage along with a well timed bash then pop to heal and back to cat.

No tips unless you know for sure. Rejuv hardly heals for anything, not that it shouldn't be applied, but not significant enough. Mangle is ~220 crit which is on par which a sinister strike crit but remember the white hits that are more frequent. The real tool for feral druids is that infected weakness. A free root via combo point ferocious bites is also gamebreaking for getting away. The learning curve is steep between mediocre and brilliant players in this class.

Mangle doesnt bring burst, it brings dps. When playing a feral I feel like something of a glorified pet, my job is just to sit on a target while applying infected wounds and rooting pretty often. Rogues get more fun utility like sprint, Sstep, kick and gouge. I found it more fun when we had HT (it healed like a truck even when it wasn't instant), but meh.

Anyway, as i said, it's definately a useful spec and to those that enjoy it, that's good. I'm glad that you enjoy it. Carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread